You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

7 hours ago, Grinch said:

It's January and we've got owners that have fans accepting a season wrote off already. 

One that should have been a one horse race cause the whole league is shite. 

We've had multiple bad luck with injuries with probably the most important pound for pound player in the league out for the season. We've been robbed of 4 points from bad decisions. We've had several of our players get Covid and their form since is dodgy. No crowds at Anfield. 6 or 7 points can be chased down but I don't see it being this year. Next season we will still have a very good team and I'll enter it with hope. 

It happens. United lost Keane for a season and that was the year Arsenal won the double. He was their best player at the time. The following year they won the treble.

FSG have done a lot of good things and more than some sketchy things. They are on the pigs back with a manager like Jurgen who can build a top team for relatively little. I think their exit strategy is to get out of dodge before he leaves because they won't want to invest the kind of money that other top managers would need and right now we are one of the most valuable brands in the world.

I wonder if the Emperor Honorius watching the Visigoths coming over the seventh hill truly realized that the Roman Empire was about to fall. This is just another page in history, isn't it? Will this be the end of our brief tenure at the top. Turn the page.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How many transfer windows have we done little to no business since FSG have been in charge. By little I mean they've signed a youth player or some insanely cheap squad fodder because it was a bargain on Craigslist.

We bought Van Den Berg off some Dutch fella who ran the British Heart Foundation shop in Huyton Village.

We're now really, really at risk of missing the top 4. If the owners are shitting themselves at the prospect of a reduced TV deal, they should consider the prospect of no Champions League money. 

Nobody is expecting a Koulibaly or a Upacampo, but to not bring A centre half is a complete failure of ownership. And they think they can get away with it because there's no fans in the ground to call them out on penny pinching. 

What fucks me off about them even more is the way they scrimp on everything but whenever there's the prospect of a super league, an opportunity to get the top 6 clubs more TV cash or forming an alliance with other clubs to moan about Chelsea or Man City bending the rules they are always at the front of the queue. 

Anyone would think that they are only arsed about money...

1 hour ago, Agt Provocateur said:

We're now really, really at risk of missing the top 4. If the owners are shitting themselves at the prospect of a reduced TV deal, they should consider the prospect of no Champions League money. 

Nobody is expecting a Koulibaly or a Upacampo, but to not bring A centre half is a complete failure of ownership. And they think they can get away with it because there's no fans in the ground to call them out on penny pinching. 

It really is ludicrous, we went into the season with one less CB and we've ended up rotating midfielders and a part-time CB at best (Matip). It's hardly surprising we're struggling. The summer of 2019 after a CL win and not strengthing still pisses me off. Fair or not, I still can't avoid the conclusion that FSG view the additional investment to turn us into a dominant and persistent force as simply not being worth the return.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

What fucks me off about them even more is the way they scrimp on everything but whenever there's the prospect of a super league, an opportunity to get the top 6 clubs more TV cash or forming an alliance with other clubs to moan about Chelsea or Man City bending the rules they are always at the front of the queue. 

Anyone would think that they are only arsed about money...

Being one of the first to rush to furlough staff last year really revealed their true nature.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I wonder if the Emperor Honorius watching the Visigoths coming over the seventh hill truly realized that the Roman Empire was about to fall. This is just another page in history, isn't it? Will this be the end of our brief tenure at the top. Turn the page.

Have you considered writing for a living, Mark?

On 20/01/2021 at 22:20, 3 Stacks said:

The Fabinho at 4th CB thing looks stupid now, but it's taken every CB and multiple midfielders we've had get injured for long periods, so to me, you can't be too critical about the summer. I don't think anything we did at that time can be equated to standing still. It's just been kind of weird. It's a squad building strategy that's fallen flat on its face. Whatever. 

The baffling thing has been not responding to a crisis that has been developing over months. Not getting a CB now makes no sense. 

It makes perfect sense if you don't actually give a fuck about winning. and i bet you 100% there's a spreadsheet that is telling them what percentage chance there is of finishing top 4, how much cash we lose if we don't make it and it will be dictating if there's a signing. I expect the spreadsheet is telling them we have a really high chance of finishing top 4, because we have been unlucky and not bad form - xG over these 70-odd shots was 6 or whatever. top 4 is good enough for them. i don't really understand why everyone struggles with this. If we sign someone now, it is because they're afraid of not finishing top 4. if they were worried about the league, we'd have had lads through the door on Jan 1. 

On 20/01/2021 at 22:21, Leyton388 said:

Clubs shown its true colours this season. If they can't be arsed why should we be? 

because the problem for us is we were sucked in when football was still a sport and not a TV show to make money for billionaires. my daughter likes the footy, but I keep her at arms length so she doesn't get the bug and luckily it seems to be working. 

On 21/01/2021 at 07:47, Moo said:

I don't blame FSG for not signing a stop gap, this could well be Klopp's choice or at least not his preference.  Williams and Phillips would be considered stop gaps.  We need better.

I do blame the tight fisted cheap bastards for presumably not sanctioning a move for our first (or second) choice.  There must be a first (or second) choice, they can't have thought medium-long term that we'd be okay with just VVD, Gomez and Matip.

Same as it ever was with this lot. Go fuck yourselves FSG.

Williams and Philipps are not stop gaps at all. Phillips wasn't supposed to be here. If Williams was available on the market, even at free, do you really think we would be trying to bring someone in who was playing at kidderminster last season? No chance - maybe they're bring him in if the youth levels needed bolstering. As for Phillips, even if he was free we wouldn't sign him. What proves they're not stop gaps is we have midfielders playing in front of them to the detriment of the midfield. Klopp doesn't want either of them near the pitch and the minute Thiago was available for selection in midfield, henderson was in the back 4. 

• Like 1

Absolutely inevitable that between now and end of season Fabinho and Matip will be injured at same time.

Which plus all the other reasons already well documented like Phillips being championship at best level, Williams being at fucking Kidderminster last season etc etc - makes us doing fuck all about it all the more baffling and damaging to any hopes we have/had this season.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

There is no point getting any with anyone at the club or anyone on here.

Nothing will ever change unfortunately.

The only thing we can do is hound them out like we did with our other American cancerous cunts.

and they would be replaced by another bunch of cunts. the sport is full of it now, it is just a business like any other. 

Klopp pretty much put to bed the notion its him that doesn't want to buy. 

We have financial parameters, teeny weeny parameters. How do we have less of the old transfer budgie than half the sides in the league who have never won shit in decades if at all. 

It does wear thin being one of the two most successful sides in English football and one of the most successful on the European stage and yet we are still fucking paupers unless we sell a superstar.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You can still bring in players on loan. He's never really used the loan system at all during his entire time here. You can even offer loans in return to get loan players that you want.

e.g offer Origi (no jokes please) to a club that needs a striker (for example) that have defenders to loan us.

It's not rocket science and no excuses for not bringing in a centre back by now 22 days after the transfer window has been open.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We have financial parameters, teeny weeny parameters. How do we have less of the old transfer budgie than half the sides in the league who have never won shit in decades if at all. 

It does wear thin being one of the two most successful sides in English football and one if the most successful on the European stage and yet we are still fucking paupers unless we sell a superstar.

Before this pandemic the stories from the mouthpiece journalists tended to go in this cycle -

• we're the best at marketing the club, we are so clever we'll be past Man United in revenues soon (look at us we're rich)
  • we're the cleverest in the business, we buy smarter than anyone else (look at us, no matter how rich we are, we don't have to show it, because we're super clever)
  • we don't need any signings because of the planning the club do. this way there'll always be money when klopp wants it

this cycle would continue till around the time we got near a transfer window and the cycle would be tweaked:

• we've just renewed some contracts because we're so rich, but right now money is tight because we've upped the wages of some players, it's important we don't lose our players. 
  • but don't worry, we're the cleverest in the business and we'll always buy when the time is right
  • we don't need any signing right now because it will block the path of the young players who klopp rates really highly.  

and now they don't even have to renew contracts, they just cry covid. but it is all the same, the cunts have never wanted to spend. 

• Upvote 12