You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Unwanted stat of the hour:

Since Reagan beat Carter to the presidency in 1980, Liverpool have won more trophies while the US has had a Republican goverment than when they've had a Democrat one. We won 2 league titles and an FA Cup when LBJ (Dem) was president in the 60s, and we all know how good a team we had between 1976 and 1980 while Carter was the commander-in-chief. Biden has just started his shift, but since 1980 the Dems have only had Clinton and Obama, and during their combined 16 years in office we've won just 2 League Cups.

Jq18ZHI.gif

FSG have always been frugal, to say the least, so I didn’t expect them to spend money when no one knows when stadiums will be full again. I dare say Jurgen would like to sign players in this window but he strikes me as the kind of manager who is prepared to work within the parameters set by those who control the purse strings, regardless of the limitations.

I wouldn’t blame him for getting fed up. I wouldn’t stick around in this shithole of a country if I was him.

Having to deal with Gobshites like Des Kelly with his loaded questions while he was offering solutions to major problems that won’t go away while his fellow managers turned their backs on him.

The mans the most educated caring manager I’ve ever heard speak in public. Always on the side of the underdog in life and gets ridiculed for his actions on the touch line instead.

Then dragging a club that were a joke into the best team in the world and having to beg for scraps every summer must be soul destroying.

His speech about Ole getting brilliant support from his board the other day was telling to me. These owners will have made fortunes on the back of this pandemic. Pony the fuck up you minges or we lose him to rebuild Madrid and enjoy the sunshine.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

No Liverpool fan should ever turn on Klopp. He's the best thing that's happened to this club for decades. 

Absolutely Doc.

We feel like City twelve months ago. It's hard to take the last five games because we were arguably favourites after the Palace game with a nice run of games to build a gap with our rivals. Now we're a 25/1 longshot and being honest I think it's borderline if we make top 4 because the two Mancs, Spurs and Leicester look better right now and we have a shit run of fixtures coming up so by the time we find form we could be royally up shit creek.

Prior to Jurgen coming, I used to feel the new season was generally not something to get too excited about. It was hope rather than anything else.

Next season I genuinely feel excited about. Virgil and Gomez back. Crowds back. 2 or 3 new players and the best manager in the world identifying them. Players with a point to prove. Possibly Elliot breaking through. This is not like the early 90s when we were knocked from the saddle and were in freefall. We will be back next season.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Absolutely Doc.

We feel like City twelve months ago. It's hard to take the last five games because we were arguably favourites after the Palace game with a nice run of games to build a gap with our rivals. Now we're a 25/1 longshot and being honest I think it's borderline if we make top 4 because the two Mancs, Spurs and Leicester look better right now and we have a shit run of fixtures coming up so by the time we find form we could be royally up shit creek.

Prior to Jurgen coming, I used to feel the new season was generally not something to get too excited about. It was hope rather than anything else.

Next season I genuinely feel excited about. Virgil and Gomez back. Crowds back. 2 or 3 new players and the best manager in the world identifying them. Players with a point to prove. Possibly Elliot breaking through. This is not like the early 90s when we were knocked from the saddle and were in freefall. We will be back next season.

It's January and we've got owners that have fans accepting a season wrote off already. 

One that should have been a one horse race cause the whole league is shite. 

We have to ensure we hang on to a top 4 place - falling out of it would be a disaster, would see our already risk averse owners probably become even more risk averse, the purse strings being tightened more and would make attracting the players we want much harder.

Looks like it will be touch and go us being able to do so.

9 wins at the halfway mark is not top 4 form even in this weird season..we need a big improvement in the 2nd half of the season.

9 wins in 19 games - that is poor.

I dont think you can underestimate the impact of Gini not being given a contract by these cunts either. 

Hes hugely popular and deserves a pay rise. It makes a complete joke of our wage policy. Will be another reason why the players just can't be arsed anymore