You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

When you think about it, we actually have a pretty big and expensive squad, with some 7 or 8 players who barely featured and contributed this season, due to injuries, but at least 4 or 5 are constantly inflating the overall wage bill whilst contributing very little over the past 12 months. Which may be part of a reason while we have been reluctant to ad to this squad this January, in the current circumstances.

43 minutes ago, m0e said:

We didn't start the season with 3 centre halves, because Fabinho was earmarked as a 4th.

And he's clearly top drawer there.

Thiago came in, and if Gini left, we would have bought a centre half with the money and moved Fab back into midfield.

That's exactly what will happen this summer.

Anyone who thinks we're buying 2 centre halves are off their fucking rocker.

I thought we would but clearly know now that we won’t. We could go on forever and a day but they have simply surrendered the title for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It really would be incredibly bizarre to be out of the top 4 after the past two seasons. I don't even know what anybody at the club would think about that. 

You can never stand still in football. You can never limp along hoping to pick up the big prizes. When injuries effect team performance you get in stop gaps, you have to be prepared. 

We have done nothing to suggest this club wants to retain the honours the team have worked hard to win. Its seems like everyone, and I'm including Jurgen here, is ready to throw in the towel this season.

We deserve whatever coming our way.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You can never stand still in football. You can never limp along hoping to pick up the big prizes. When injuries effect team performance you get in stop gaps, you have to be prepared. 

We have done nothing to suggest this club wants to retain the honours the team have worked hard to win. Its seems like everyone, and I'm including Jurgen here, is ready to throw in the towel this season.

We deserve whatever coming our way.

The Fabinho at 4th CB thing looks stupid now, but it's taken every CB and multiple midfielders we've had get injured for long periods, so to me, you can't be too critical about the summer. I don't think anything we did at that time can be equated to standing still. It's just been kind of weird. It's a squad building strategy that's fallen flat on its face. Whatever. 

The baffling thing has been not responding to a crisis that has been developing over months. Not getting a CB now makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Fabinho at 4th CB thing looks stupid now, but it's taken every CB and multiple midfielders we've had get injured for long periods, so to me, you can't be too critical about the summer. I don't think anything we did at that time can be equated to standing still. It's just been kind of weird. It's a squad building strategy that's fallen flat on its face. Whatever. 

The baffling thing has been not responding to a crisis that has been developing over months. Not getting a CB now makes no sense. 

Sorry Stacks, i was equating standing still to the CB situation.

Even Jurgen is not the same. The fiesty, charming and ruthless Jurgen is missing. He used to crow about teams wanting to "steal our points of us", now he looks like and acts like he's had enough, and I wouldn't blame him really, we see what happened with our own eyes and he no doubt see the same.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It really would be incredibly bizarre to be out of the top 4 after the past two seasons. I don't even know what anybody at the club would think about that. 

It is crazy but since we've won the CL we've let a bunch of players go to cover Thiago and Jota. I think it's just a function of us not strengthening from a position of absolute strength (and some bad luck on the injury front) 

Still, really disappointing to be pissing that away when it took so long to get back there. 

As soon as VDV got injured the Club should have been prepping for the market to open if they were deadly serious about defending the title.

I mean everyone knew it was a compressed season and that injuries could happen frequently AND that we had some very injury prone players, lots of us called it in the summer.

Its nuts.

Our first mini slump in 2.5 years. Thiago and Jota are going to win us the league. American owners don't care, money trumps winning every time. They want no relegation, no transfer fees, a wage cap, control of tv rights, food delivered to seats, tv passes, adverts during var decisions etc etc . They will probably get it all eventually too. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, lebron said:

Preferably with their biggest cash cow prevailing in the end.

I'll be quite surprised if it isn't City.

But United are right there.

If there were an uber-nightmare scenario to follow the emptiness of lifting the trophy in an empty Anfield, this seems to be it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Baltar said:

These tightwads are going to cost us the title. I maintain that we would piss this league if we had 2 fit, quality centre backs (and Jota being fit). It's shocking that the owners aren't interested in having us compete for the title this season.

They couldn't be arsed after the Champions League final. We were at the top of the tree in Europe and had the best manager with an exciting team which most players would have loved to be part of.  Could have bought a creative midfielder or forward to put pressure on/relieve the front 3 but all we did was give Origi a new contract to protect his value because his contract was running out. Then two teenagers who cost about £5m combined. 

The cunts then tell the manager there's bills to pay after getting £260m in TV revenue and more matchday revenue than ever. 

Glad to see we've sat back and let everyone catch up to us. These pennypinching twats infuriate me. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's pretty much my take on it.  

It doesn't even have to be one of the hugely expensive names people like to bandy about; there's got to be a Klavan-level signing out there.  Something like that would at least help me sleep at night.

I don't blame FSG for not signing a stop gap, this could well be Klopp's choice or at least not his preference.  Williams and Phillips would be considered stop gaps.  We need better.

I do blame the tight fisted cheap bastards for presumably not sanctioning a move for our first (or second) choice.  There must be a first (or second) choice, they can't have thought medium-long term that we'd be okay with just VVD, Gomez and Matip.

Same as it ever was with this lot. Go fuck yourselves FSG.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

If Williams and Phillips were considered stop gaps he wouldn't be playing two central midfielders at centre back.

Klopp has played both Williams and Phillips too, but obviously didn't want to risk it against Man Utd.