You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

We’ve only conceded 7 goals in 13 games since VVD’s injuries.

Ignoring today, we’ve scored 3 goals v Brighton, Fulham, WBA & Newcastle.

Win those matches (which we should) and we’re in an incredibly commanding position. 

Should we sign a centre half? Yes, obviously. But saying “FSG are tight cunts, spend some money” clearly isn’t the full story.

6 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

That's a very daft tweet.

If he read the tone of the words from Klopp a few days ago, he would have recognised that Klopp does want a center back. He has just been told that there is no money to get one at the moment. The manager is just reluctant to explicitly call FSG out for being tight cunts on this issue.

Maybe us ending this game week in 5th place might finally panic the owners into some action on that front.

Just had a quick look at it now and he doubles down when challenged, saying he thinks Klopp gets what Klopp wants. Its truly baffling to me that some people can still believe this.

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Great point and one I just can’t get my head round the way these operate. There’s got to be a good reason for it but it just doesn’t make any sense to me. 

As I was saying on here the other day, I think the good reason for it is simple, they're just playing the odds. The object is not to be 1st, it's to win. But winning to them is increasing the value of their asset. Occasionally winning of the pitch may coincide with winning on it. They're notutually exclusive, but when they are, we're set up to win off the pitch, the other win is lucky. They're like an old city trader looking at his charts looking for continuation patterns and when he sees his set up, he goes every time because his strategy says yes. He knows he won't win them all, but if he wins 7 from 10, that's enough profit to stay in the game. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Milner at left back thing was not egregious, it worked out, and you should probably know by now that Klopp isn't opposed to doing stuff like that with his squad anyway. I won't comment on the player sales part because criticism on that end makes no sense. We're very good at selling players. If we don't want to take losses on players, that's their prerogative. It's a business.

And as for luck, you need luck to win trophies, that's just how it goes. We were probably lucky to win the Champions League and unlucky to not win the league that season. If we're honest, we've won just about what we've deserved to win given our squad, but this season, the reason it's a bigger problem, is because you have an entire position group that is unavailable. That's a little different than complaining we weren't buying a 5th midfielder or a 2nd left back or a 4th attacker. 

Anyway, these are conversations you've been having for 10 years. Beyond the obvious that we should be buying a centre back  the other stuff isn't real interesting anymore.

You hit the nail on the head with one line there, it's their prerogative, it's their club.i don't get on board with that..it's my club..it's the club of all the others who've been there all their lives. They're just custodians here for a moment in time to help deliver the objectives of the club. Liverpool football club exists to win trophies. That very essence has been completely disregarded by this ownership, they believe they're here to increase the capital value of their asset. So no, it's not their club. I don't want us to be needing to wait for MLB approval for us to be able to act as a football club and do things in the sporting interest of LFC. It's all fucking shite and they are cunt owners. Perhaps not as bad as the last lot, but they're bad owners. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Win those matches (which we should) and we’re in an incredibly commanding position. 

Should we sign a centre half? Yes, obviously. But saying “FSG are tight cunts, spend some money” clearly isn’t the full story.

I think others have made the point already that the whole team dynamic has changed due to the centre half crisis. The full backs cant take as many risks in case Henderson or Fabinho get exposed. The midfielders are thinking about whats going on behind them instead of being as proactive. The issues stem from the CB position. This change in system had made the attackers lives harder which now appears to have led to them all being woefully low of confidence, making it even worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What's out points per game with and without vvd? You can include all of his 1st season if it helps the stats. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't worry, all is well. We already have Gini's replacement. We're so fucking brilliant at everything, we got his replacement a year early. 

Come on, stop it. They spent decently on Jota and thiago? To sign thiago, they had to sell a lad who for the last 2 summers we were told we couldn't sign a striker because we'd block his path and he was the future of football. Personally I always thought he looked shite when I saw him, but thought give the club the benefit that they thought he could play. But here's the thing - he was never an option, it was always a grift to build his reputation and sell him for a vast amount. It's paid for thiago. Smart business and all that, but it's not like Henry had to sell a share in his yacht to finance it. LFC financed it with or without those cunts in Boston. And to find his wages we let lallana go.

And Jota? To get him we had to let another kid go to pay the 1st installment. We've won everything there is to win in the last few years and all that has brought us in terms of ability to buy player is what we can sell. 

Here's the bottom line, we've actually invested less than when the cunts were first here and sthey were tight fisted twats then. And why? Because they want to do this redball shit. Any company going through a take over or share offering or whatever has the same issue. Cut costs now as it impacts how much of your business you give away. And because MLB are dragging their heals and won't let this sale through because of billy beanes continued involvement with the A's, then LFC continues to struggle by without a fucking centre back. But it's alright, blame it on covid, and January, and klopp doesn't like to buy and it'll hamper the progress of the lads who can't get past our midfielders into the the team. It's like being owned by Boris fucking Johnson and his gang of cunts. 

Well fucking said. 

Just now, John102 said:

I think others have made the point already that the whole team dynamic has changed due to the centre half crisis. The full backs cant take as many risks in case Henderson or Fabinho get exposed. The midfielders are thinking about whats going on behind them instead of being as proactive.

Yes, I was one of the first to extensively make this point and, like most posts which have thought out into it, was largely ignored. 

VVD is so good, what is the solution?

VVD was at Southampton when the Red Arrows were in full flight.

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's out points per game with and without vvd? You can include all of his 1st season if it helps the stats. 

We’re obviously better with VVD but name a player at another club with his full skill set?

I don’t know the answer to the current question about us, but it’s not as simple as “buy another centre half”. 

3 goals in 4 games against relegation fodder, VVD or not, isn’t good enough whichever spin is put on it.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You hit the nail on the head with one line there, it's their prerogative, it's their club.i don't get on board with that..it's my club..it's the club of all the others who've been there all their lives. They're just custodians here for a moment in time to help deliver the objectives of the club. Liverpool football club exists to win trophies. That very essence has been completely disregarded by this ownership, they believe they're here to increase the capital value of their asset. So no, it's not their club. I don't want us to be needing to wait for MLB approval for us to be able to act as a football club and do things in the sporting interest of LFC. It's all fucking shite and they are cunt owners. Perhaps not as bad as the last lot, but they're bad owners. 

Yeah, I get that, and you're entitled to not like that we're owned by a hedge fund, but you're also undoubtedly blinkered. The fact you think us winning trophies in the past couple years is an accident says it all. It's just bad faith and your narrative is never going to change.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yes, I was one of the first to extensively make this point and, like most posts which have thought out into it, was largely ignored. 

VVD is so good, what is the solution?

VVD was at Southampton when the Red Arrows were in full flight.

I do think we have probably seen the best of the front 3 already and i would freshen it up in the summer(I know we already have Jota). This is the first time they have had to play without a recognised centre half though and it shows. Nobody is saying a centre back has to be Van Dijk but a centre half who is better than Henderson, who allows Henderson to get back into midfield shouldnt be beyond us.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think the net spend while Klopp has been here is something like £104m. We get outspent by all the teams in the top 8. 

We won the CL after funding VVD and the keeper with the sale of Coutinho. Then what do we do?. Tell Klopp that there's bills to pay and he just gets to buy two teenagers and a shite back up keeper that costs nothing. 

We then buy Minamino because he's dirt cheap rather than Haaland who wasn't that expensive.

We won the league by flogging the team to death. Also, I'm sick of the clubs attitude to the domestic cups simply because we haven't got a big enough squad. We should try to compete for everything. 

Well said. I'm desperate for us to win the FA cup. We've won it only 7 times and I'm sick of the club treating it like a pre season tournament. 

A club our size needs to be competing for everything and these cunts have put such a financial constraint on the club its now becoming impossible to compete with not having an adequate squad. 3 years of spending fuck all had finally come home to roost. 

Different American owners but same bullshit and spin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John102 said:

I do think we have probably seen the best of the front 3 already and i would freshen it up in the summer(I know we already have Jota). This is the first time they have had to play without a recognised centre half though and it shows. Nobody is saying a centre back has to be Van Dijk but a centre half who is better than Henderson, who allows Henderson to get back into midfield shouldnt be beyond us.

I could play at centre back & I’d still expect us to score more than 3 goals in 4 games v Brighton, Fulham, WBA & Newcastle.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

. 3 years of spending fuck all had finally come home to roost. 

Ifithadntavbeenforthechampionsleaguesupercupclubworldcupandpremiership.

There is still 50% of the season to go. 

I’m as frustrated as the next supporter today, but let’s put our tampons back in.

I do wonder if the absence of fans has galvanized them in their approach (I appreciate they would likely have done the same anyway). I wonder if there would be any unrest from the fans if there were fans in the ground and we were playing 2 midfielders against Man Utd.

33 minutes ago, John102 said:

On this season's battle for the top four... 

I knew it always. That's always clear. In the season when we came second, the day when I started really thinking about the title race was the day when it was clear that we are in the Champions League. I know my job and I know what I have to do. The most important thing is to qualify for the Champions League and I know how difficult it is. Yes, you are right. This season will be a tough race for the top four. True.

Such a contrast from his attacking the title comments at the start of the season. 

My personal opinion is that with all the injuries the players and staff have worked their bollocks off to get to January with is on a great position thinking some reinforcements were incoming and at the last minute they've all had the rug pulled from under them by those American con artists which has complete pissed off and demoralised the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

But thats not it.

Our overall game suffers because we sit furter back and we play two of the best midfielder in the PL at CB. 

• Upvote 3

Remember when John Henry saying at the Champions League final that he wanted to spend big to get the title?.

We ended up signing a Dutch teenager for 2.5m who has never played in the Premier League, a couple of million on some lad we loaned to Blackburn and a keeper who cost fuck all and got us knocked out the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Remember when John Henry saying at the Champions League final that he wanted to spend big to get the title?.

We ended up signing a Dutch teenager for 2.5m who has never played in the Premier League, a couple of million on some lad we loaned to Blackburn and a keeper who cost fuck all and got us knocked out the Champions League.

To be fair it worked! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I do wonder if the absence of fans has galvanized them in their approach (I appreciate they would likely have done the same anyway). I wonder if there would be any unrest from the fans if there were fans in the ground and we were playing 2 midfielders against Man Utd.

I'm not sure John, I've been at games where we have had 4 midfielders playing without anybody kicking off.

What is more important ?

Winning the league

Being prudent

We could sign a CB now and improve our chances or winning the league but not guarantee it, meaning we may lose money.

Or we could sign no-one, still win the league, greatly reducing our chances or winning it but break even.

Which is more important ? 

Trophies is an added bonus but not a necessity.