You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I can cope with overall the net spend being low even though I think they expect miracles and it hinders us but why does everything have to balance every window. Buy players now knowing you will make the money back in a later window because the side needs it now. You don't put off fixing the hole in the roof because you don't want to dip into your funds because sure as shit you leave it long enough its going to cost a hell of a lot more money to sort. 

Liverpool Echo

Latest on Mbappe hunt.

Harvey Elliott can save Liverpool millions.

Midfielders make better central defenders.

The moon is made of cheese and FSG are using their nous to exploit this.

Linda Henry loves Home and Bargains great new slippers which are just like Balenciaga ones but only £4.99.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Imagine being a Liverpool supporter and having a good word to say about them??? 

Mate, you want to see the state of some of the top reds on Twitter. They jump on you if you slag them off, even in a constructive way. 

They just seem to think because they bought they club off the leeches they "saved" the club. They were quite open about buying the club at the time because it was cheap and had the potential to increase. 

They wank about the Main Stand and the new training ground. Then tell you to fuck off and support Man City, Chelsea or another club who buys trophies.

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why is it only bad now? They've been at it since they arrived pretty much. Certainly since they hired Rodgers, which is actually why they hired him as they wanted a manager who wouldn't demand money. 

Well, we have an undoubted need for a CB right now, so it's entirely fair to criticize the lack of spending. Otherwise, spending more would have been nice, but not exactly egregious that they didn't. Jan 13/14 maybe the arguable exception.

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Mate, you want to see the state of some of the top reds on Twitter. They jump on you if you slag them off, even in a constructive way. 

They just seem to think because they bought they club off the leeches they "saved" the club. They were quite open about buying the club at the time because it was cheap and had the potential to increase. 

They wank about the Main Stand and the new training ground. Then tell you to fuck off and support Man City, Chelsea or another club who buys trophies.

There's still rats on here that won't hear a bad word about them.

RATS

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Liverpool Echo

Latest on Mbappe hunt.

Harvey Elliott can save Liverpool millions.

Midfielders make better central defenders.

The moon is made of cheese and FSG are using their nous to exploit this.

Linda Henry loves Home and Bargains great new slippers which are just like Balenciaga ones but only £4.99.

Endless rehashes of the Coutinho transfer and how it transformed the club. 

Injured player becomes new signing.

Another Anfield Road end update and how wise FSG were to put it on hold.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

The clubs worth about 2 billion now so they can easily release equity to tart us up and get it back in spades

when the time comes to sell / float us.

They’re not gonna devalue their asset by investing in us. 

Exactly. If it was a loan against the club they would still even recoup it before selling us. 

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well, we have an undoubted need for a CB right now, so it's entirely fair to criticize the lack of spending. Otherwise, spending more would have been nice, but not exactly egregious that they didn't. Jan 13/14 maybe the arguable exception.

The squad has always been run on the bones of its arse, for fucks sake for one season we played James milner at left back because the only one we had at the club looked like a Sunday league player and klopp didn't want him on the pitch. It's been a continuous thing for a long time. And it goes beyond just solving problems with buying people, as we refuse to ever try and cut our losses on the shite we have who never get on the pitch. If we don't get the mad valuations we attach to these lads, they just burn off squad places and salary contributing the square root of fuck all. Now all of a sudden the obvious fucking chickens have come home to roost, it becomes this year's problem. It's every year's problem, we've just got lucky at times and until vvd, barely lost a key player and as soon as we've lost 1 key player the wheels have fallen off.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

The clubs worth about 2 billion now so they can easily release equity to tart us up and get it back in spades

when the time comes to sell / float us.

They’re not gonna devalue their asset by investing in us. 

Exactly. These cunts are going to be the only owners in history to come out the other end of their tenure with a massive profit.

You want profits, stick to your fucking hedge funds. This means more.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

The squad has always been run on the bones of its arse, for fucks sake for one season we played James milner at left back because the only one we had at the club looked like a Sunday league player and klopp didn't want him on the pitch. It's been a continuous thing for a long time. And it goes beyond just solving problems with buying people, as we refuse to ever try and cut our losses on the shite we have who never get on the pitch. If we don't get the mad valuations we attach to these lads, they just burn off squad places and salary contributing the square root of fuck all. Now all of a sudden the obvious fucking chickens have come home to roost, it becomes this year's problem. It's every year's problem, we've just got lucky at times and until vvd, barely lost a key player and as soon as we've lost 1 key player the wheels have fallen off.  

Yep, we got lucky hammering the same starting 11 for two years straight. 

Well and truly bit our arses this season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Just reading Klopp's reaction to the game now. I know that its always spin in these things, however, hearing him talk about how his job is to achieve top 4 and how difficult that is, is really depressing. Its like i have gone back in time.

Is that what he said? If so, as with the team selections, that could be a bit of a fuck you for FSG.

Wouldn't be surprised if their plan was to win the CL/league and then offload, pump and dump, and covid scuppered it.

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Great point and one I just can’t get my head round the way these operate. There’s got to be a good reason for it but it just doesn’t make any sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Is that what he said? If so, as with the team selections, that could be a bit of a fuck you for FSG.

Wouldn't be surprised if their plan was to win the CL/league and then offload, pump and dump, and covid scuppered it.

On this season's battle for the top four... 

I knew it always. That's always clear. In the season when we came second, the day when I started really thinking about the title race was the day when it was clear that we are in the Champions League. I know my job and I know what I have to do. The most important thing is to qualify for the Champions League and I know how difficult it is. Yes, you are right. This season will be a tough race for the top four. True.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

Just reading Klopp's reaction to the game now. I know that its always spin in these things, however, hearing him talk about how his job is to achieve top 4 and how difficult that is, is really depressing. Its like i have gone back in time.

We haven't gone back in time though, this is what I've been all along! It's not about trophies, it's about top 4. It's always been about that as that's where the TV and corporate money is. Klopp has worked miracles to change a real targeting top 4 into one that hit best part of 200 points in 2 seasons. And now with a bit less luck we're back to where his target is. But nobody kid themselves, top 4 is enough, that's our target. It's why they're just not arsed. The bad thing is this season it's all so tight shooting for 4th could easily get you 6th with just a bad last day of the season. Use today as an example, if we'd have lost we'd be 5th having started the weekend 2nd. 

The Milner at left back thing was not egregious, it worked out, and you should probably know by now that Klopp isn't opposed to doing stuff like that with his squad anyway. I won't comment on the player sales part because criticism on that end makes no sense. We're very good at selling players. If we don't want to take losses on players, that's their prerogative. It's a business.

And as for luck, you need luck to win trophies, that's just how it goes. We were probably lucky to win the Champions League and unlucky to not win the league that season. If we're honest, we've won just about what we've deserved to win given our squad, but this season, the reason it's a bigger problem, is because you have an entire position group that is unavailable. That's a little different than complaining we weren't buying a 5th midfielder or a 2nd left back or a 4th attacker. 

Anyway, these are conversations you've been having for 10 years. Beyond the obvious that we should be buying a centre back  the other stuff isn't real interesting anymore.

We haven't gone back in time though, this is what I've been all along! It's not about trophies, it's about top 4. It's always been about that as that's where the TV and corporate money is. Klopp has worked miracles to change a real targeting top 4 into one that hit best part of 200 points in 2 seasons. And now with a bit less luck we're back to where his target is. But nobody kid themselves, top 4 is enough, that's our target. It's why they're just not arsed. The bad thing is this season it's all so tight shooting for 4th could easily get you 6th with just a bad last day of the season. Use today as an example, if we'd have lost we'd be 5th having started the weekend 2nd. 

Yeah, i appreciate that nothing has changed in our approach. Its just depressing to now hear it from the manager again. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

That's a very daft tweet.

If he read the tone of the words from Klopp a few days ago, he would have recognised that Klopp does want a center back. He has just been told that there is no money to get one at the moment. The manager is just reluctant to explicitly call FSG out for being tight cunts on this issue.

Maybe us ending this game week in 5th place might finally panic the owners into some action on that front.

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

His mates on the Anfield Wrap won't like that. 

I was listening to their pre-match show and all was rosy and we were going to batter the mancs.

You'd think for an LFC podcast and website they'd have watched us over the last ten months.

Sadly, as this is their job, they know where their bread is buttered and the access the club grant them won't be there if they start calling out fsg. And if you try and talk to them about it, I'm sure they won't see it - because it's not just their passion anymore, it's their job. They won't see how blinded they've become, but sadly they have. Being cheer leaders is a profitable business.