You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

4 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

Because it wasn't a global businesses back then, you could be owned by the local millionaire and be deemed a wealthy club.

Now its all about how much money you can get in via any source to inflate your earnings.

I'm not sure which is worse these days, the transfer fees or the wages paid, a bang average squad player will cost around £25m with a weekly wage of £80k. Over a 5 year contract that amounts to over £45m not including add ons agents fees and the rest. All in could run close to £60m. 

So we need a lot of sponsorship to fund even bank average players let alone the good ones.

Have we sold our soul to the devil or just trying to keep pace with the ones that did?

Both,most likely. 

14 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve always been a fan of the Dutch professional football club from Alkmaar and the Zaanstreek. The club plays in the Eredivisie, the highest professional football league in the Netherlands, and hosts home matches at the AFAS Stadion.

Me too, big time. I remember when In the same season as their first league title, they also reached the UEFA Cup Final, which they lost to Ipswich Town. In addition, the team has won the KNVB Cup on four occasions and one Johan Cruyff Shield.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yep and that 4 stars shirt and shorts was a 'special edition' for the club's return to the 'new' era Champions League. Actually first worn in CL season 2001 - 02 I believe.

Yeah we deffo wore it when we beat Roma at Anfield 2-0 that season.

• 1 month later...

I've used the Klopp/Messi analogy before, because I do think it is pertinent. 

Klopp can mask a variety of problems, but the bill of a 14 man team over the last three incredible years just came due. 

It came due when we found ourselves with a 7-2 beating, 6 draws in 16 games and level on points with a piss ant manager like Solskjaer, with goddamn Harry Maguire and Pogba.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

On 20/11/2020 at 14:38, General Dryness said:

Me too, big time. I remember when In the same season as their first league title, they also reached the UEFA Cup Final, which they lost to Ipswich Town. In addition, the team has won the KNVB Cup on four occasions and one Johan Cruyff Shield.

You don't win a Johaness Cruijff Shield every day.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We need to take into account the motivation United are getting from us going level on league titles with them. If we don't realise this and make sure we cover any long term injuries with a signing or two then all is good,if not then our work will be seriously cut out.

Our motivation to match their titles should be higher, weve got Klopp theyve got Ole who is a little snide ego goblin with no football nouse.