You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

You’d blame Klopp who wanted him but was denied by the owners? 

C’mon... FSG obviously obviously pulled the plug on this but when Chelsea had to pay the majority of the fee up front and how we’ve structured Thiago and Jota, it’s completely understandable. 

Even after today, I wish we’d gone ahead  & signed him but, without wanting to sound blasé, driven by circumstance, it’s one of those things. 

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know players progress at different rates, but once hoever had fallen behind both Williams and koumetio, I think it's time to accept he's pretty unlikely to make it here.

I think he is better than both already but his path was blocked by some of the best players in the world. He looks a centre half in the making while Williams is a full back and there is time for him to develop. Nobody is ousting our centre backs for a while.

• Upvote 1

Hoever currently falls between two stools. Not big/powerful enough for CB but not quick enough for RB. He needs a few years to develop and he wasn't really going to get the game time with us. I can see him getting games on the right side of a back three. 

8 hours ago, No2 said:

So its not an issue at all but appears to dominate this thread. FSG have have the LFC reporting media in their pockets for 3 years, this is excellent management, the fact that it gets to you that some supporter's lap it up is on you not them.

Not really. It's on them when they want to defend the indefensible. This is a forum, I'll happily call them all day on it.

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Let's hope to fuck Werner doesn't score today because I am more concerned with Liverpool doing well on the pitch than point scoring off it.

But there we have it scooby. Some of our fans are so obsessed with defending these owners, they can't even see the result on the pitch before feeling good about their latest gobble. 

• Downvote 1

On 19/09/2020 at 18:41, BeefStroganoff said:

Yup this. 

I'm glad they are reinforcing the team. Actually relieved is more the word I would use. I just about accepted last years approach to the window, but the way the local journals where peddling this new narrative this summer caused me to lose my rag. Thankfully they were badly wrong.

Thiago is a game changer. I had us down for top three this season but now I reckon we can retain it. He's so so good, that now, if a team somehow finds a way to stop our flank attacks we have this guy in the middle. Add in Jota and Minaminos work rate between the lines and we are golden I reckon. Lots of options, lots of ways to play, and decent depth.

Would like a CB, but at least with Thiago, Fabinho is a sensible 4th choice fall back. Glad we kept Gini too. lets hope he gets and extension.

So kudos to the owners for releasing funds whether we recoup or not. I still don't like them, they are not representative of our values anymore than oil owners, but this is the state of football today. As long as the manager is backed on the pitch, i will overlook everything else.

Now watch us sell Mane on the last day of the window!!!

Great post mate, I understand how you feel, we have been in so many positions of strength and failed to capitalise. If you have a guy like Jürgen you have to back him and maybe they have.

Remember under the last yanks my Daughter ringing me, "hi Dad, where are you?"

" Just protesting on the  kop love"

Nothing wrong with with loving OUR club.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he is better than both already but his path was blocked by some of the best players in the world. He looks a centre half in the making while Williams is a full back and there is time for him to develop. Nobody is ousting our centre backs for a while.

Well aside by that chap who played there today. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well aside by that chap who played there today. 

He is one of those centre backs. I think the clue was when Klopp played Fabinho there as a makeshift in a recent game. Thiago is a direct replacement for Fabinho when he drops into the back line. Another brilliantly versatile signing.

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He is one of those centre backs. I think the clue was when Klopp played Fabinho there as a makeshift in a recent game. Thiago is a direct replacement for Fabinho when he drops into the back line. Another brilliantly versatile signing.

Yeah, I expected that till we got linked to that lad at schalke the last few days. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

But there we have it scooby. Some of our fans are so obsessed with defending these owners, they can't even see the result on the pitch before feeling good about their latest gobble. 

What the fuck is your warped mind on about now?

The only person who’d have been giving it to FSG had Werner scored today is you & you’re Suicide Squad of jabroni’s.

As per the majority of other posters, they’d have understood why we didn’t sign him.

To say “people who defend FSG” is laughable. You can’t even enjoy a great win today before your pissing & moaning. 

Look at what we’ve won recently because that’s the bottom line.

Did it take longer that we wanted? Absolutely. But unlimited wealth doesn’t guarantee it and we got there eventually.

Which club in the world wouldn’t take our position now? Only maybe Bayern & the last time we played them we stuffed them.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What the fuck is your warped mind on about now?

The only person who’d have been giving it to FSG had Werner scored today is you & you’re Suicide Squad of jabroni’s.

As per the majority of other posters, they’d have understood why we didn’t sign him.

To say “people who defend FSG” is laughable. You can’t even enjoy a great win today before your pissing & moaning. 

Look at what we’ve won recently because that’s the bottom line.

Did it take longer that we wanted? Absolutely. But unlimited wealth doesn’t guarantee it and we got there eventually.

Which club in the world wouldn’t take our position now? Only maybe Bayern & the last time we played them we stuffed them.

Gobble. 

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When we're getting decent prices for Lovren, Hoever, Solanke, etc. I'm OK with "sell to buy".

When we got a massive price for Coutinho and then invested it so well, I'm OK with it then, too.

If you do it properly, "sell to buy" is easily preferable to bankrupting the club or cheating. 

When you know exactly what you are looking for in a player, football wise and character wise. And when you have the best coaching, the best nutrition, the best fitness team and not least the best manager and leader available then you make a lot of other things a hell of a lot easier for youself.

Just about every single player we get in improve while they are here. Klopp has said it on many occasions, people put far too much into the transfers as such. I agree. If another of the top clubs in the PL had gotten Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Robertson or Firmino they wouldn’t have been anywhere near the level that have for us. The getting them in part was important yes, obviously, but what happened after they got here makes all the difference.

Not directly an FSG thing, but I didn't know where else to put it...

I see Standard Chartered - the people who were rumoured to have pressured the club into throwing Suarez under the bus, in order to protect their reputation - have been outed as money launderers for Jordanian terrorists. 

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Why don’t you properly respond to opinion or factual points, made instead of childish insults?

I’ve asked you a few times today & you’ve declined to do so.

I replied once to tell you I see no value in replying to someone who is incapable of independent thought and can only repeat what he is told by "credible" journalists. I have no interest in engaging with you on this subject, because I'm not engaging with you, I'm effectively engaging with propaganda journalist. After me replying about a million times with "gobble" I thought you might have taken the hint. So I spelt it out in words yesterday. 

And as for them being childish insults, you're right they are. I am childish and they amuse me. I'm a cunt, get over it. 

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not directly an FSG thing, but I didn't know where else to put it...

I see Standard Chartered - the people who were rumoured to have pressured the club into throwing Suarez under the bus, in order to protect their reputation - have been outed as money launderers for Jordanian terrorists. 

They've been done for all kinds over the last 10 years or so. They've a pretty poor all round record on such things. In fact their level of fines is astonishing for a relatively small bank. 

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah unless it turns out the Watford player is a replacement for Mane, that's when the mood of this thread will change.

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I replied once to tell you I see no value in replying to someone who is incapable of independent thought and can only repeat what he is told by "credible" journalists. I have no interest in engaging with you on this subject, because I'm not engaging with you, I'm effectively engaging with propaganda journalist. After me replying about a million times with "gobble" I thought you might have taken the hint. So I spelt it out in words yesterday. 

And as for them being childish insults, you're right they are. I am childish and they amuse me. I'm a cunt, get over it. 

E14E3A1C-6156-4275-B9FB-651ED2D9EC6F.jpeg

ifithadnthavebeenforfsgwedhavesignedmichaellaudrupin1987.