You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Anti-FSGrs (AFSGers) - “We believe that the owners should be able to fund a modest transfer fee for a world class player like Thiago without the need to sell first, but the truth Is they are operating on a sell to buy basis.”

FSG Fangirls - “You want the club to fall and burn in the fires of hell. It doesn’t matter that they haven’t improved the team, they are operating as a business. You want them to fail and the club to be destroyed.”

AFSGers - “No, we just want them to modestly back the manager who has...”

FSG Fangirls - “Silence heretics!”

Club sell Brewster for £25m.

Club buy Thiago for similar amount.

FSG Fangirls - “Look! Look! The club have spent money! They’ve spent money! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!”

AFSGers - “Yes, they’ve done what we asked of them in the first place but they’ve spent then money from the sale, but should we really have....”

FSG Fangirls - “Na na na na na! We’re not listening. Na na na na!”

*The FSG Fangirls proceed to run around a meadow, excitedly chasing rabbits clad in John Henry masks to lovingly cradle, and blowing kisses to each other. Meanwhile the AFSGers look on, quietly bemused*

So you would have been utterly delighted had we signed Thiago but not sold Brewster? That would have validated FSG in your eyes?

FSG Fan girl? Im all in

BT Sport on Instagram: “Jürgen Klopp is building a dynasty at Liverpool  Football … in 2020 | Liverpool football, Liverpool football club  wallpapers, Liverpool football club

You must long for the Benteke and Andy Carroll days

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I don't hate them, I just get frustrated with them seemingly working at glacial pace over certain things and making some really bad errors of judgement.

Their propaganda gets under my skin too much. If they stopped telling the world how great they are at making money then telling everyone the club is skint you probably wouldn't get people going mental demanding transfers and accusing them of allkinds. 

When we've spent 30 years trying to win the league and creating a big gap between us and our rivals who we overtook, peoples expectations have been raised and everyone wants to stay where we are. Then had the club propaganda merchants saying there would be no signings for the second year in a row, quite rightly a lott of fans were concerned and wound up.

They require credit for hiring Klopp rather than someone like Eddie fucking Howe. Klopp has worked miracles mainly on a sell to buy basis. 

They could be worse but they could also be a lot better. They dont blatantly rob money out of the club like the Glazers but i would have liked them to have put some of their own money in. I know that this will never happen.

Hardly any Liverpool fans i know are expecting £90m signings every summer or a Chelsea spending spree, just enough to keep us ticking over and replacing older players with younger ones when the time is right. You dont want to get further down the line like Barcelona or Real and implode with a load of players in their mid thirties.

They still get a bit of an easy ride because of the way the club was when they bought it and the two cunts who owned it beforehand. 

Why on Earth, on the back of winning what we have, would you give a shit how the team was funded? Why is "their money" any more relevant when it comes to being league champions?

• Like 1

We haven't sold Brewster yet, and we may well not get much for him, as other clubs may rightfully point out we bought Thiago for £20m, so what business do we have expecting £25m for Brewster....

Couple of point on this thread altogether; 

I think we ought to burn this thread to the ground.

I think FSG have seemingly allowed us to let Wijnaldum leave on a free next season, but let him stay and play with Thiago, simply because Klopp has asked if he could.  That's a £25m hit right there, they could insist on selling Gini, they seemingly are not. 

Worth noting this all happened at the same time that the Chinese TV right were announced today. 

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

We haven't sold Brewster yet, and we may well not get much for him, as other clubs may rightfully point out we bought Thiago for £20m, so what business do we have expecting £25m for Brewster....

Couple of point on this thread altogether; 

I think we ought to burn this thread to the ground.

I think FSG have seemingly allowed us to let Wijnaldum leave on a free next season, but let him stay and play with Thiago, simply because Klopp has asked if he could.  That's a £25m hit right there, they could insist on selling Gini, they seemingly are not. 

Worth noting this all happened at the same time that the Chinese TV right were announced today. 

Im sure they will cope. Especially since they will eventually walk away with a tidy profit.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think with everything we’ve earned and the paucity of spending over the last few seasons that we could fund Thiago without necessarily selling first. Hardly a contentious opinion.

I disagree.  I think Klopp has turned their understanding of football upside down. 

I think FSG would pay an absolute fortune for the best manager in the game because they've seen first-hand that a truly great manager with a great backroom team and great facilities can compete at the very top level without speculating a fortune each year in transfers. 

To be fair to them, let's look at the previous big money targets we had, like Dembele, Texeira, Lemar, N Pepe, Zielinski, Brandt was it?  Etc 

I'm struggling to think of many where we've regretted not paying the money we were quoted, perhaps Bruno Fernandes.  Though now I look at his signing in Jan and I start to wonder if already Thiago's agent had made contact.  It makes more sense to do it at that point, we were fucking flying and winning every game prior to lockdown, we may have turned his head a while back. 

And now  with Thiago in I look at the Havertz deal differently.  I guess we were very confident of landing Thiago.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

All a lot of us asked for was loosening the purse strings not 80m signings. We had/have areas that need/needed addressing, they have been so far.

Forwards absolutely essential.   No leaving klopp hanging trying to shift the shite first and only giving him what we can raise in sales. 

That player should already be in and not lining up against us this week but there's plenty more out there. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be honest I’m happy with Thiago in. While we need cover for the front three I’m not convinced by Sarr and I can live in hope that maybe we could do something for Sancho next summer unless the Mancs panic in the next two weeks.

I just can't see us signng him.  £108mill transfer fee, 200k + per week wage.  EVen if we sold one of Mane and Salah I doubt we'd do it.

I wonder how many members have paid for a light membership this season, just so they wont miss out on earlier loyalty/credits? Even if we probably will not be able to buy a single ticket all season. 

Im not happy with how the club have dealt with this situation at all.

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

Anti-FSGrs (AFSGers) - “We believe that the owners should be able to fund a modest transfer fee for a world class player like Thiago without the need to sell first, but the truth Is they are operating on a sell to buy basis.”

FSG Fangirls - “You want the club to fall and burn in the fires of hell. It doesn’t matter that they haven’t improved the team, they are operating as a business. You want them to fail and the club to be destroyed.”

AFSGers - “No, we just want them to modestly back the manager who has...”

FSG Fangirls - “Silence heretics!”

Club sell Brewster for £25m.

Club buy Thiago for similar amount.

FSG Fangirls - “Look! Look! The club have spent money! They’ve spent money! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!”

AFSGers - “Yes, they’ve done what we asked of them in the first place but they’ve spent then money from the sale, but should we really have....”

FSG Fangirls - “Na na na na na! We’re not listening. Na na na na!”

*The FSG Fangirls proceed to run around a meadow, excitedly chasing rabbits clad in John Henry masks to lovingly cradle, and blowing kisses to each other. Meanwhile the AFSGers look on, quietly bemused*

Alternatively, if people moved on from their views of 2012 & didn’t needlessly blame them for everything wrong in the world, then people wouldn’t have to point out some of utter baseless nonsense some people post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t relentlessly blame them for everything in the world. Nor do I hate them.I have been happy to say when I think they’ve acted well, and as you can see from my post about a striker I’m not expecting them to go wild in the transfer market. However,  I have been consistent in my opinion of them since day one. While our interests and theirs align, all well and good. When they don’t, hold them to account. Nor do I trust them given some of the tactics they’ve employed. But then I genuinely believe as fans we’d be foolish to trust any football club owners. I mean that as fans in general, not just LFC fans.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dave D said:

So you would have been utterly delighted had we signed Thiago but not sold Brewster? That would have validated FSG in your eyes?

FSG Fan girl? Im all in

BT Sport on Instagram: “Jürgen Klopp is building a dynasty at Liverpool  Football … in 2020 | Liverpool football, Liverpool football club  wallpapers, Liverpool football club

You must long for the Benteke and Andy Carroll days

You do realise benteke and Carroll are the fsg days? I don't think anybody doubts klopp's genius. 

FSG have done good and bad things. IMO, everything FSG have done has been for the benefit of FSG.

I agree with @Anubis, when our interests and theirs align, great, however I see it as purely coincidental rather than there being any grander reason to it.

Alternatively, maybe the anti-FSGers wouldn't so annoyed, if every time they suggested buying a player they weren't accused of wanting to support a state or oligarch owned club.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Alternatively, if people moved on from their views of 2012 & didn’t needlessly blame them for everything wrong in the world, then people wouldn’t have to point out some of utter baseless nonsense some people post.

Well if we're going back to 2012...drama quim.

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t relentlessly blame them for everything in the world. Nor do I hate them.I have been happy to say when I think they’ve acted well, and as you can see from my post about a striker I’m not expecting them to go wild in the transfer market. However,  I have been consistent in my opinion of them since day one. While our interests and theirs align, all well and good. When they don’t, hold them to account. Nor do I trust them given some of the tactics they’ve employed. But then I genuinely believe as fans we’d be foolish to trust any football club owners. I mean that as fans in general, not just LFC fans.

Let's face it, there has been an awful, awful lot of complete bollocks posted about them.

• We fund the Red Sox.
  • We pay for Henry's latest yacht.
  • Linda is a money digging whore (this might be true but really, who fucking cares?).
  • Posters and journalists are on the FSG payroll.
  • It's somehow FSG's fault Nike didn't make enough of the home shirts (despite the fact this either of these claims are proven anywhere)

I could go on.

Some of the things thrown at them are completely nonsense & any mention of them doing a good job or doing well seems to bring out the worst some posters. This is what I mean but saying its Evertoinan behaviour - absolutely baseless opinions, passed off as fact, just to take digs at them because they don't like them.

There are substantial double standards applied to them as well, just look at the slating Damien Comolli takes, rightly, for some his signings. "Yeah but FSG employeed him". They did, but they also employed Edwards & Klopp, but now the credit is all Klopp and they manage "despite of FSG".

I'm sure if you look back in this thread, there are posts of me criticising FSG.

• I didn't agree with the sacking or treatment of Dalglish.
  • I absolutely think Rodgers was left high and dry with the lack of signings in his first season.
  • At the time, I didn't agree / understand  the transfer committee. However, with Klopp, this now seems to be significantly better.
  • The ticket price fiasco.
  • The plan to furlough staff. I tweeted John Henry on this and DM'd Peter Moores & Tony Barrett. Not much but I still let them know my dissatisfaction.

Obviously they aren't perfect and as football supporters we're all naturally impatient and want success yesterday but that's not realistic. It took Citeh 4 years to win the title with unlimited wealth, we were denied in the same timescale by the cruelest of blows.

• I understand why they've taken more time redeveloping Anfield but plans are there to more or less finish it off.
  • IMO, we've always done Ok from them with transfers. Transfers is like my salary, I always want more. But I appreciate that won't always happen. Unfortunately a lot of it pre-Klopp was wasted by whoever's responsibility it was to improve the side. 
  • The fincial side of club has obviously improved massively.

As a club we've completely turned the corner. When they took over, we were in the relegation zone, not getting full houses & were complete shite. 

We've had bumps along the way and we've been a bit unlucky on the pitch as well (Carroll's header v Chelsea, the slip, penalties v Man City, Karius...). We could quite easily have ended up with more trophies than we have had.

Now look where we are. We're the envy of virtually every club in the world. These past 2 seasons (and forthcoming seasons) should be looked back at 2 (or more) of the greatest in the history of the club. A complete golden period that should inspire kids and supporters around the world for a generation. 

When I'm on my death bed, I'll remember winning the European Cup's & Championships we've won and the ones we're (hopefully) going to add. Not that we tried to sign Clint Dempsey or wasted money on Balotelli.

And those last 2 paragraphs my friends, is why I think FSG deserve credit.

• Upvote 7