You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, RobbieOR said:

Or a global pandemic shut down the world for 6 months leaving the game in a wave of uncertainty? Nobody has money and those who are spending are taking a massive gamble by taking out loans against future earnings when nobody has any certainty about when fans are back into grounds and when this shit ends.

I have no particular love for them but the constant 'they're fucking shit' for the past decade is tiring to read as the goalposts are moved from 'they won't extend the ground, they won't get a world class manager in, they won't pay top wages' to whatever suits the agenda at the time. 

they still have't done what they promised with the stadium. it's 50% done. 

13 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What fucking agenda????

Please tell me what the agenda is that people have? What, we gonna unseat the owners? Are we gonna cause an uprising of the people and march on Anfield? Are we going to smear them in the press?

Some of you talk some of the most senseless shit I've ever come across. You just throw out line after line of complete twaddle.

Im sorry Robbie am i ruining your 'joy' at the Clubs achievements? Get a grip.

You're not ruining any joy i have you're basically screaming into a void like a child because we won't spend money. It's the same on here and Twitter every summer, the majority of it from the majority of people doesn't have any basis in reality. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Salou said:

Why are the finance articles bullshit?

the articles are absolutely correct - we spend what we make - we don't spend using loans/owners money. its simple, whether that's right or wrong is another question but the financial analysis is absolutely correct. 

Spot on correct. People go 'we make £500m, where's the money gone?' Erm, no, we dont 'make' £500m or whatever figure they want to use. The club's income may be that but it then has expenditure to pay out of it. In the last accounts, the profit was £42m pre tax. That wouldnt buy you a Werner.

Of course the club could spend £54m on Werner out of the, say £500m but that just means you either drive the club into debt.

I keep reading Villa being quoted as 'outspending us.' Didnt Villa and a few other clubs sell their ground to their owner for about £55m?

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Well, you were the one who said they wouldn't even do the Main Stand. 

He's just chatting shit like he always does. Him and a few other keep spouting this shit about 'rebuilding the stadium was a condition of sale.' Was it fuck and I defy anyone to produce court documents by RBS that decreed it was.

All Henry said was 'Why would you leave this place?' and make comparisons to Fenway Park. It was the newspapers who mentioned that they had renovated Fenway.

The same people moaned about the size of the Main Stand when they realised it was going to dwarf the Kop.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not even that, they have only done one side of the stadium and that was with a loan against the club. They were dithering about the ARE extension and now cancelled it due to Covid. 

I think most of that is inaccurate. First, it wasn't a loan against the club it was an internal company loan at a low rate. Secondly, they haven't cancelled it, they postponed it for a year. Seems sensible. 

48 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

You're not ruining any joy i have you're basically screaming into a void like a child because we won't spend money. It's the same on here and Twitter every summer, the majority of it from the majority of people doesn't have any basis in reality. 

Bingo. Why is that Robbie? Maybe its because we are spun the same yarn over and over and over again, year in year out. It is totally based on reality.

Again i'm not arsed that FSG make money, i'm arsed our manager is backed first and foremost on the pitch, not handicapped before a season begins. I have seen no evidence to suggest that FSG will have any success beyond Jurgen when he leaves. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

The frustration every day reading article after article at how justified this all, and how brilliant we are financially, then you see John Henry basking in the success our manager brought him,  well it just fucks me off no end. And the fanbase swallow it whole.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Moo said:

The reality is they have a certain business model, call it what you want, I call it "cheap".   And it's okay to acknowledge that reality and still have a moan about it especially on a thread titled "Go fuck Yourselves FSG"

no it is not OK to acknowledge it. we should worship at their feet for creating our muriburiland utopia. 

The problem is that we've been spammed with articles the last couple of years in the Echo. They all state how clever we are financially, how we can compete with anyone, that we are really close to catching the mancs commercially, but the reality now is that we apparently can't compete with anyone, that we are skint and do not have a dime to spend. 

We can't even get a sleeve sponsor, that's how good we are commercially. We've hired an Ex-manc to get it straightened out as our new CEO or whatever his title is have fucked up royaly. At least we've got Cadburys as our new official chocolate partner, which is a disgrace as it tastes like fucking shit.

Conclussion is we either sit on a pile of cash at around 152 million pounds, or the money has gone the Arteta way. 

Either way we are in trouble if hit by a couple of injuries to especially Van Dijk and/or Mané/Salah. 

Personally I think we'll see a couple of players in or maybe just hope, but it won't happen unless we shift a couple aswell. I secretly dream that we are saving up for a Sancho or something, but that's a Hodgsonesque utopia scenario.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

no it is not OK to acknowledge it. we should worship at their feet for creating our muriburiland utopia. 

I don't see why people who have been part of delivering trophies shouldn't get some credit. Let's just say that the people who think they are brilliant come across as less crazy than the people who can't admit they do a single thing right. They're less tedious as well.

• Upvote 1

People hate all the masturbatory articles, but there's some truth to them. We've won the biggest prizes with low net spend, playing good football, making great decisions. We're also back to a level of popularity where we have bandwagon and foreign fans joining in loads. What the club has accomplished is brilliant. Again, people just don't like that some people they don't like are getting some credit. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People hate all the masturbatory articles, but there's some truth to them. We've won the biggest prizes with low net spend, playing good football, making great decisions. We're also back to a level of popularity where we have bandwagon and foreign fans joining in loads. What the club has accomplished is brilliant. Again, people just don't like that some people they don't like are getting some credit. 

So where is the money? Something doesn't add up mate somewhere. If we are just about breaking even do we need to win the CL and Premier again to make it year on year?

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So where is the money? Something doesn't add up mate somewhere. If we are just about breaking even do we need to win the CL and Premier again to make it year on year?

No, of course not. Did we win anything before we signed Benteke, Firmino, Milner on big wages? No. We sell players and buy replacements/improve the squad with the money. That's the club's strategy in the market. Is it sustainable to win trophies after Klopp goes? We'll see. We certainly came close before that. 

41 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Fuck's sake, how hard is it? The club's income, together with every other club, is down due to the current situation. The club has no current sleeve sponsor despite being at it's zenith. Why do you think that is, the club wanting an increase on the £5m a season deal it had with WU or, companies not throwing cash at football? That's £5m the club has 'lost.'

No season ticket sales, unlike some other clubs who have made fans pay up front and will then rebate them. That means the club hasnt got £20m up front to play with. There's still no sign when fans will be allowed back in. 14,000? Fuck off.

The club has to pay back tv money. That's about £15m for last season I heard and that doesnt take into account the PL losing the £500m over the course of the contract with that Chinese tv company.

That's clocking on for £50m lost income. We made a pre tax profit of £42m the season before last.

Where's the money gone? It goes on expenditure, that's where.

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

In my opinion everything good happens despite FSG and everything bad happens because of them.

See the title challenge under Rodgers happening (due to Suarez) and then faltering (due to Rodgers) for a similar phenomena.

That's ok mate but some people are ignoring the financial realities.

Some keep trumpeting about villa outspending us. I wonder how many of them would be happy if Liverpool copied Villa and sold the ground to their owners to cover the huge debt their club had racked up thereby freeing up money for player purchases? Yeah, I know what the answer would be but they still overlook the details of the situation.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't see why people who have been part of delivering trophies shouldn't get some credit. Let's just say that the people who think they are brilliant come across as less crazy than the people who can't admit they do a single thing right. They're less tedious as well.

klopp is a fucking genius, fair play for them getting him and that's about it. the main stand looks good, but as i say, it's half a job - and it wasn't aimed at getting real fans in the ground, because they don't give 2 fucks about that because real fans are not normally willing to pay corporate pricing - see the annie rd end. 

but if i am boring you so much, press ignore, it's dead easy. better still if you don't want to read negative things about the owners, here's a tip for you - don't read a thread titled "Go fuck yourself FSG". Go and find the "FSG create Muriburiland" thread. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

klopp is a fucking genius, fair play for them getting him and that's about it. the main stand looks good, but as i say, it's half a job - and it wasn't aimed at getting real fans in the ground, because they don't give 2 fucks about that because real fans are not normally willing to pay corporate pricing - see the annie rd end. 

but if i am boring you so much, press ignore, it's dead easy. better still if you don't want to read negative things about the owners, here's a tip for you - don't read a thread titled "Go fuck yourself FSG". Go and find the "FSG create Muriburiland" thread. 

I didn't call you out specifically, you don't have to be so miffed. I think people are allowed to debate some of the drivel posted in this thread when they feel like it. Don't think this thread has to be some echo chamber just because of the title.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I didn't call you out specifically, you don't have to be so miffed. I think people are allowed to debate some of the drivel posted in this thread when they feel like it. Don't think this thread has to be some echo chamber just because of the title.

great, if you want to debate, get on with it and stop crying like a girl because you find it tedious.