You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

FSG have:

• Tried to furlough non-playing staff (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to raise ticket prices to an exorbitant amount (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to trademark the word "Liverpool" without offering any protection for local / cottage-industry traders (before backing down due to fan protest)

But nah...they would never take a penny from the club or use creative accounting techniques and PR strategies to convince Liverpool fans that we don't have any money. 

Billionaires become billionaires by being benevolent do gooders, donchaknow?

• Upvote 8

We rightly accuse blue noses of hating us more than they love Everton, do some of you hate FSG more than you love Liverpool? Because a few weren’t moaning in March only now the season is finished.

I want us to sign players, I believe they are being too conservative and should loosen the purse strings despite the climate, no one is talking £100m here.

However I think some would whinge if we signed fucking Mbappe but sold Shaqiri.

Contrary bastards and fucking moaners that is.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

FSG have:

• Tried to furlough non-playing staff (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to raise ticket prices to an exorbitant amount (before backing down due to fan protest)
  • Tried to trademark the word "Liverpool" without offering any protection for local / cottage-industry traders (before backing down due to fan protest)

But nah...they would never take a penny from the club or use creative accounting techniques and PR strategies to convince Liverpool fans that we don't have any money. 

Billionaires become billionaires by being benevolent do gooders, donchaknow?

They also bragged about turning fans into customers.

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Throws grenade and runs away...

Haha fucking ha.   

If there's any truth in this, and I did say if, they are petty (as well as cheap) bastards.  It wouldn't be the first time they've wanted to teach the supporters a lesson about who's really in control.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, an tha said:

So the club makes a really shithouse decision (which at least under pressure they reversed) to use furlough then use that shithouse decision to justify not strengthening the squad....

This was always going to happen, the club should never have opted out of that scheme.

4 hours ago, angie said:

I saw someone say we’re going to post record losses of £100 million next year. Wonder if that’s true.

Our next accounts are unlikely to show that as they include winning the CL on the opening day of the accounting period. The PL didn't put any impact on this season's pay out, that will follow later. So we'll be around 4 matches down and perhaps the end of season league pay out, which I assume will be balanced by the previous years CL. I think our covid hit will likely be spread over 3 accounting periods rather than 1 really bad season. 

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

I think I do hate FSG more than I love LFC. Theyve ruined what should be the best ever period in my life supporting this club. 

No chance to enjoy our success, just constantly worried it will be short lived and get overtaken by rivals. 

I'm getting the vibe you're a half glass empty type of person.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

The should never have opted into it.

To be honest I've never really understood why people think they shouldn't use the furlough scheme. It's a short term help when cashflow is bad, it's effectively a positive tax, like a personal tax free allowance is. The club pay tax, the employees pay massive amounts of tax - in fact if you include employees tax it's probably one of the highest tax paying industries in the country.  I really don't get why we think football should use some type of honour system when we're pissing billions up the wall to every other industry and to Tory party mates. It's not like the club planned to only pay the 80% government, everyone would have stayed on 100% wages. Anything that helps secure jobs is good. Arsenal have already made layoffs and might not have had they used the furlough scheme. I get it created bad PR, but we should have just stayed to the back of the queue in telling the world what we were doing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5