You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think the opposite is actually the case (not saying the red Sox couldn't do with improving their team). I think they're supposedly having financial issue and given employees over $50k pay cuts and there's talk there may have to be lay offs. So the talk is it will play very badly if they're seen to spend here, while making pay cuts and potential lay offs there. 

That sounds very likely.  The Sox fans already think we're getting all the money so it would be very bad politics if they spend here while cutting there. 

What the Ramble thread is saying is that while other clubs are happy to take on temp loans to boost cash flow/increase transfer funds, we’re not going to do it because we’re ‘sustainable’

Would they be more open to taking out (or themselves providing) a short term loan if their baseball operation wasn’t taking so much flak? I don’t know but it’s a fair question. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What the Ramble thread is saying is that while other clubs are happy to take on temp loans to boost cash flow/increase transfer funds, we’re not going to do it because we’re ‘sustainable’

Would they be more open to taking out (or themselves providing) a short term loan if their baseball operation wasn’t taking so much flak? I don’t know but it’s a fair question. 

Is a good question. The obvious thing is, any loan has to be repaid plus interest. That means less spending further down the line for these clubs.

It appears a number of other clubs are making their fans either pay their season tickets in full and give rebates for the games behind closed doors or, making them pay as much as 20% of the ticket price just to retain their seassie ticket option.

Some of these clubs are getting upto £20m off fans when they dont know when fans will be allowed back. I think that's taking the piss.

As I understand the club's last accounts, we already operate with a 40m-50m overdraft for day today business. We have a loan on the Main Stand that canbepaid back as and when. someone said we took a loan for Kirkby although Im sure the club said there wouldnt be one for it.

Depends how you view it, I guess.

I'm having a real heart vs head battle with this one, I want some new players - we need some new players - but I also know the situation is fucked up. There's no crowds, I'm getting mithered by BT sport every day with 40% off emails, and the only club that's spent big so far is bankrolled by a Russian oligarch. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I'm having a real heart vs head battle with this one, I want some new players - we need some new players - but I also know the situation is fucked up. There's no crowds, I'm getting mithered by BT sport every day with 40% off emails, and the only club that's spent big so far is bankrolled by a Russian oligarch. 

Even in that Swiss Ramble thread posted the other clubs who are spending have taken out loans to do so. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Completely agree although BT arent sending me 40% off emails. Bastards!

I've said before, Im as frustrated as anyone that we havent signed Werner who was clearly a target. I dont believe the club was contemplating bidding £90m for havertz. Even if times had been normal, the signs are chelsea would have outbid us for Werner and Havertz if we were so it would have been interesting to see if Werner had still gone for the Russian's shilling instead of playing for Klopp.

I dont see a problem with sell first, buy second or the other way around. All clubs do it except if they have mega rich backers. And all the reports I read say chelsea will look to sell upto 10 players to recoup some cash.

There's still 5 weeks to go before the window closes as well.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Completely agree although BT arent sending me 40% off emails. Bastards!

I've said before, Im as frustrated as anyone that we havent signed Werner who was clearly a target. I dont believe the club was contemplating bidding £90m for havertz. Even if times had been normal, the signs are chelsea would have outbid us for Werner and Havertz if we were so it would have been interesting to see if Werner had still gone for the Russian's shilling instead of playing for Klopp.

I dont see a problem with sell first, buy second or the other way around. All clubs do it except if they have mega rich backers. And all the reports I read say chelsea will look to sell upto 10 players to recoup some cash.

There's still 5 weeks to go before the window closes as well.

Aye, it's just a case of different business models. 

If you ran a bar straight up legit and you weren't getting any punters in then you wouldn't be splashing the cash on new bar stools and pool tables, if you were a front for Al Capone you probably could. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Aye, it's just a case of different business models. 

If you ran a bar straight up legit and you weren't getting any punters in then you wouldn't be splashing the cash on new bar stools and pool tables, if you were a front for Al Capone you probably could. 

Wouldn't have to worry about tax either. 

• Upvote 1

0_Bar-of-chocJPG.jpg

From the official;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/407456-reds-welcome-cadbury-as-official-partner

Liverpool Football Club has welcomed Cadbury to the Reds family as its first official global chocolate partner.

The three-year deal will see the world’s leading chocolate brand apply its ‘Glass and a Half in Everyone’ generosity ethos to its work with the club, with Cadbury giving back to LFC fans and the local community.

To launch the partnership, Cadbury has gifted 50,000 limited edition champions Dairy Milk bars to a wide selection of Reds supporters, thanking them for their continued support during the extraordinary 2019-20 Premier League season.

Embracing its focus on ‘generosity’, Cadbury will also be supporting LFC Foundation’s Virtual Employability Programme – raising money to assist with the continued operation of the initiative through the sale of limited edition LFC champions Dairy Milk bars.

Launched in May 2020, LFC Foundation’s employability support service was created in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and aims to help people across the Liverpool City Region who have been made redundant or are at risk due to the impact of the pandemic.