You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

The model fits both FSG and Klopp style.

We have bought very well over the years (when needed) and thanks to Klopp development focus we have seen players come through the academy ranks and play for the first team. Investment is not just buying players but also investing in the infrastructure. The training grounds, Anfield and the academy have all improved under FSG.

Our fans are feeling a bit left behind as they see other teams buy known names whilst we are seemingly standing still (understandably so), but that does not paint the full picture. We don't need another Andy Carroll fiasco so I completely understand the reasoning for not buying every player in sight that may be good for us.

I actually trust Klopp more so than FSG but I cannot ignore the fact that we are where we are because of FSG and Klopp working together.

Does Jurgen plan on staying around for as long as Ferguson then? Because if he isn't this is not gonna work in the long run.

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats not true is it mate? We can't just have a boss 11 and thats it. Fucking frustrating this is, all the goodwill of the win is slowly being eroded.

Yes, obviously it's true. You were wondering why Everton, Brighton or whoever are spending money and we're not. It's because of exactly that, they're shite and need to be more competitive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Does Jurgen plan on staying around for as long as Ferguson then? Because if he isn't this is not gonna work in the long run.

The investment in the training ground and focus on the academy are for the future. Klopp is a genius and the moves he has made can only benefit us in the long run, even if he will not be with us.

Just saying FSG are shit just because we haven't bought well known players does not take into account the improvements they have made. Overall they have been good sports owners and have contributed to our success.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Where do you think we will finish this term 3 Stacks?

Second. I think we're due for a come down a bit like Man City did this season. I think despite us becoming a results machine if you will, the margins on some of these results were thin last season and our style of football is becoming a bit too pragmatic.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

The model fits both FSG and Klopp style.

We have bought very well over the years (when needed) and thanks to Klopp development focus we have seen players come through the academy ranks and play for the first team. Investment is not just buying players but also investing in the infrastructure. The training grounds, Anfield and the academy have all improved under FSG.

Our fans are feeling a bit left behind as they see other teams buy known names whilst we are seemingly standing still (understandably so), but that does not paint the full picture. We don't need another Andy Carroll fiasco so I completely understand the reasoning for not buying every player in sight that may be good for us.

I actually trust Klopp more so than FSG but I cannot ignore the fact that we are where we are because of FSG and Klopp working together.

Exactly this. I think there's a lot of neighbours have a new car on the driveway so we must have one ourselves. In other words like when the van Dijk transfer fell through and people's heads were falling off saying buy anyone.

Im pretty certain it wasnt the Werner fee that scuppered the deal. It would have been the overall costs. Yeah, we all know Werner wanted to come here but would he have come here if we'd offered him the supposedly agreed deal then chelsea weigh in with 200 grand a week wages. We'll never know.

Someone said earlier the FSG model is minimum spend for the return. With the exception of city and chelsea, pretty much all the clubs in the PL will operate that way. The only question is, other club's minimum is it more or less than Liverpool's for what those clubs expect to receive.

Others mention villa outspending us in the last window. Yeah, they blew something like 140m to consolidate their place in the PL after promotion. They literally succeeded with the last game of the season. Some would say that's an achievement but it now puts then close to the financial limits even if they have been eased due to the current financial situation.

Same with chelsea. They circumvented the ban by spending money early. The bottom line is they probably would have spend a lot more that year if they could have. irrespective of that, they're making up for lost time. You only have to see the number of players they are signing this window.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Second. I think we're due for a come down a bit like Man City did this season. I think despite us becoming a results machine if you will, the margins on some of these results were thin and our style of football is becoming a bit too pragmatic.

I don't think City will win it this year. 

• Upvote 1

FSG would be delighted if we were consistent top 4 qualifying for the CL. Getting out of the group stages would be ideal as well. If they can continue to grow the brand and maintain that level with the minimum outlay possible I doubt their ambitions stretch much further. They've struck gold with Klopp at least for a few seasons.

8 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

The investment in the training ground and focus on the academy are for the future. Klopp is a genius and the moves he has made can only benefit us in the long run, even if he will not be with us.

Just saying FSG are shit just because we haven't bought well known players does not take into account the improvements they have made. Overall they have been good sports owners and have contributed to our success.

It was also Jurgen's plan to push for the amalgamation of Kirkby and Melwood. If the owners wanted to save 50m or divert money out of the club, they could have said Kirkby and Melwood meet the needs. But they did what the manager advocated. Shit owners, huh?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

1. Ah yes, we just had the best player in the world, and we didn't, because once again our squad was shite. This was also when you could win the league with sub-90 points, not happening anytime soon.
  2. Yeah, probably only somebody we wouldn't want to own us. Doesn't matter though, that's what the club is worth, and that's what their worth is inflated by. If you don't think that doesn't help fill their pockets in other ways then I'd have to strongly disagree.

So with shite squads we have run the league close twice, won the CL and also the League in the third run at it.

Am I doing this right?

No idea where you came up with that figure mate, that is why I pointed it out - the club isn't valued at 1.5 bil by anyone other than Forbes - and they think it is worth 2.2 bil

In reality it is maybe just over 1 bil - even then no one would pay that amount.

5 minutes ago, clangers said:

FSG would be delighted if we were consistent top 4 qualifying for the CL. Getting out of the group stages would be ideal as well. If they can continue to grow the brand and maintain that level with the minimum outlay possible I doubt their ambitions stretch much further. They've struck gold with Klopp at least for a few seasons.

So they bought Allison, Fabinho, Mo, Sadio, van Dijk, Keita and a few others just to cement a top 4 place? I dont think so. Jurgen has worked wonders but the owners tried to get him before he turned them down and appointed rodgers. Its a bit weird to say they only wanted top 4 consistently when they identified him as the manager they first wanted 6 years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Second. I think we're due for a come down a bit like Man City did this season. I think despite us becoming a results machine if you will, the margins on some of these results were thin last season and our style of football is becoming a bit too pragmatic.

I agree. 2nd or 3rd i reckon.

18 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

See you are trotting that same spiel over agin. No one is asking for big names but a reinforcement. And its all well and good saying we will nurture through the academy, we have only Trent who is a first team regular who has made the grade in 5 years. Curtis could possibly be number two, its a big season for him.

40 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, we clearly didn't really need to buy last summer, did we. I think the whole strengthen when you're on top thing is the type of thing that fans parrot and repeat over and over like it's such an obvious and easy thing to do. We have loads of established and top players already, it's not easy to add more great players to that mix while keeping a coherent squad and without needing to sell. 

Werner seemingly would have been a nice succession plan to Salah and Mane and he would have had time to grow into that role, which would have been an ideal situation. It didn't work out because of the pandemic, what can you do. That's not faulty planning, it's just bad luck. 

But then not spending last summer should have guaranteed we had the cash ready for Werner. Spending on top is what we always used to do, and what the mancs always used to do. I'd say that the 2 biggest dynasties in Modern English footie are probably the model to follow, and not the arsenal model of selling players and never replacing them, but I'm a cynical, glass half empty kind a guy at the best of times.

It's going to be nearly impossible to replace our squad on the back of sales at the ages they will be over the next couple of seasons. 

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It would be an absolute disgrace if this happens, though, surely?

(i) we fucking dominated the league winning it with over 19 points of a cushion; (ii) we undoubtedly have the best manager in the entire fucking world. For us to finish 2nd it must have meant that we've made some terrible recruitment choices, because our team and manager are world class but being ran into the ground.

Just now, Horus said:

But then not spending last summer should have guaranteed we had the cash ready for Werner. Spending on top is what we always used to do, and what the mancs always used to do. I'd say that the 2 biggest dynasties in Modern English footie are probably the model to follow, and not the arsenal model of selling players and never replacing them, but I'm a cynical, glass half empty kind a guy at the best of times.

It's going to be nearly impossible to replace our squad on the back of sales at the ages they will be over the next couple of seasons. 

Last summer we're in the process of spending 50m on the Kirkby upgrade. Since then, all clubs, not just Liverpool, have had to live with the reality of reduced income due to the covid19 situation. The two best clubs in England to ride this out are city and chelsea with their mega rich owners. United possibly as well seeing their owners lumped a £120m loan onto the club.

As I said, what if this situation wasnt apparent and we'd  offered Werner a deal then chelsea come in with a 200 grand a week wage? Didnt take werner long to decide he'd take the money and play under fwank rather than sit out his contract for a year. After all, isnt that what people say Owen should have done instead of going to Newcastle?

4 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

I'm not as sure that we won't win it, but I do think we'll see a drop-off and it will be a lot closer. 

We'll suffer more than most for not having fans in the ground. 

Not saying we won't have a chance to win it, we might well do but I think is a MASSIVE ask for the same squad to step up and go again.