You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

How much do you contribute to the club mate? Or will you not give FSG your money, just curious. Match goer, BT, Sky, Merchandise...

I don't go anymore. I was a regular in the 80s, 90s, 00s up until Brendan.

I don't pay for Sky, now and again I will buy NOW TV pass. Last merchandise I bought was a couple of training tops in lockdown.

As i've said before, I don't have a problem with FSG making money, I can easily accept their money making if they looked after the boss and gave him the tools he needed, without wheeling and dealing. Heck, wheeling and dealing is acceptable as long as he gets his targets in first and then we offload later. But working like this is embarrassing and could well cost us further down the line.

And lets be honest, they are true to their word, they have ran the same line since they come in. Doesn't make it any more acceptable though, not for Club like ours.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I don't go anymore. I was a regular in the 80s, 90s, 00s up until Brendan.

I don't pay for Sky, now and again I will buy NOW TV pass. Last merchandise I bought was a couple of training tops in lockdown.

As i've said before, I don't have a problem with FSG making money, I can easily accept their money making if they looked after the boss and gave him the tools he needed, without wheeling and dealing. Heck, wheeling and dealing is acceptable as long as he gets his targets in first and then we offload later. But working like this is embarrassing and could well cost us further down the line.

And lets be honest, they are true to their word, they have ran the same line since they come in. Doesn't make it any more acceptable though, not for Club like ours.

We should not have to wheel and deal, we should be able to strengthen from a position of strength. No one is talking hundreds of millions just improvements in the positions we are lacking, mainly in depth. You are Bill Murray in Grounhog Day though mate, I think most agree with your sentiments just the continuous barrage is wearing thin.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We should not have to wheel and deal, we should be able to strengthen from a position of strength. No one is talking hundreds of millions just improvements in the positions we are lacking, mainly in depth. You are Bill Murray in Grounhog Day though mate, I think most agree with your sentiments just the continuous barrage is wearing thin.

I know it is, but theres nothing else to talk about. You are right though about Groundhog Day. Every transfer window its the same battle lines, the same arguments and the same frustration, no matter what the climate is like.

16 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I know it is, but theres nothing else to talk about. You are right though about Groundhog Day. Every transfer window its the same battle lines, the same arguments and the same frustration, no matter what the climate is like.

There's a shedload of other things to talk about, it's your personal choice to harp on and on about FSG.

Verbal is dead right, you make valid points but reading the same shit 20 times a day every day wears very thin very quickly. 

I could sympathise if we were doing shit, but we've swept the board trophy wise in 14 months.  And yet you grind on regardless like the worst of the afflicted Everton cunts.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I despise them with every fibre of my being.

They are as anti-Liverpool as you can get. A soulless, money making machine with zero interest in the common fan. I should be grateful Jurgen has the patience because I would have walked if my bosses didn't show me the backing I'd earned.

Klopp is probably fully on board with what the club is doing. Doubt he would still be here otherwise.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't have thought onboard is the right choice of words. Pragmatic enough to get on with it knowing he can't change it is probably more accurate. 

I think it's largly a myth, Klopp is one of the two or three most sought after managers in the world and I doubt he would have to be overly "pragmatic" anywhere. He has a certain philosophy and what FSG are doing here fits. He is also aware of the economic realities of football, plus, what we are doing as a club seems to work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think it's largly a myth, Klopp is one of the two or three most sought after managers in the world and I doubt he would have to be overly "pragmatic" anywhere. He has a certain philosophy and what FSG are doing here fits. He is also aware of the economic realities of football, plus, what we are doing as a club seems to work.

You do know what pragmatic means? 

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I despise them with every fibre of my being.

They are as anti-Liverpool as you can get. A soulless, money making machine with zero interest in the common fan. I should be grateful Jurgen has the patience because I would have walked if my bosses didn't show me the backing I'd earned.

A bit much calling them anti-Liverpool, you are correct about Klopp though, I’d hate to see where we would be under these without him, really doesn’t bear thinking about. I’m not a fan.

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You do know what pragmatic means? 

On board as in knowing full well who he would be working with and how they think. Not pragmatic in some sense he accepts decisions he constantly disagrees with, because whatyagonnado?  I don't think there is a big or constant clash of approaches or strategies between Klopp and the owners, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

On board as in knowing full well who he would be working with and how they think. Not pragmatic in some sense he accepts decisions he constantly disagrees with, because whatyagonnado?  I don't think there is a big or constant clash of approaches or strategies between Klopp and the owners, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

I think you’ll see a clash when we start losing, which we will unless we get players in.

To be fair its the go fuck yourself fsg thread, seems normal for someone to repeatedly say they want them to go fuck themselves in here at least, if that's how they feel. I dont they just frustrate the shit out of me.

Personally I feel they do the absolute minimum required or at least the minimum thats acceptable, cautious to the point its as risky as being over indulgent.  This club should be able to spend without fear of imploding, our net spend is down amongst the shite clubs in the league.  Its at the point now we feel the club is that skint we very rarely expect to us sign anybody in a transfer window anymore. Where people mock the everton post of slapping money on the table for world class players who wouldn't at the time dream of going there, we have top players who would love to come here who most of the league could afford to buy but we still won't because we need to count the penny's offload 10 players and act like del boy first. Eventually if we cant compete for players we won't compete for trophies. Klopps a genuis manager we only have him for 4 more years and we have a squad were the big talent is touching 30 already. My fear is we will slide back into mediocrity without even trying to prevent that happening. 

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, SasaS said:

As I say, do you understand what pragmatic means. 

dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

Interesting to see the slight change in this thread. When I first started posting in it just after the season ended, opposing opinions were far more accusatory. "You just want this, you just want that, you're spoiled, we've just won the league" etc, but now it's far more along the lines of "sort of agree but don't want to read it every day," as though dave's got everyone's eyes stretched open like clockwork orange, forcing everyone to read.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Klopp is probably fully on board with what the club is doing. Doubt he would still be here otherwise.

Ah yes, "fully onboard" is a great way of portraying him personally courting Werner for months, convincing the player to sign to the extent that he started looking for houses in Liverpool and then having to ring him to personally apologize that his bosses in America have told him we can't sign him like we had originally verbally agreed to for 'purely financial reasons'.

Yeah...that type of fully onboard.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Heres an interesting thought. Maybe we have outgrown these owners? Maybe they don't have the sustainability to keep us on the top of the pile?

That is a fair assessment too, certainly has a softer tone than the title of this thread.

Personally though my assessment is that they are a bunch of fucking cunts and can go fuck themselves. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The thing about FSG is that whatever happens hereon in, they have made their money. They are sitting on an asset which has ballooned in value by over a $1.5bn.

So the 'live within its means' shtick just doesn't wash. It baffles me why fans are accepting that as if it's 'fair enough'. Even if we were purely to 'live within our means' then that 1.2bn asset growth should be transpiring to some kind of substantial net playing squad investment.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Imagine having some of you as bosses doing the evaluation, after winning the league /  becoming to best in my field.

"Yes, that is all very well, but do you have the sustainability to keep being tho top salesman for us" etc.

Anyone that has actually worked in a competitive sales environment knows this is exactly what happens. It's also the Ronnie Moran blueprint.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Imagine having some of you as bosses doing the evaluation, after winning the league /  becoming to best in my field.

"Yes, that is all very well, but do you have the sustainability to keep being tho top salesman for us" etc.

Erm...do you think that this is a bad thing?