You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

5 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

He's having to scrimp round investors, so you know exactly who will be paying for their purchase of any club they buy. Add that on to the fact that they'll run an even stricter analytics model than us, and that has H&G loan repayment disaster written all over it. 

15 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I would not be at all shocked to see this happen. Fsg have been looking for an investor. Beane knows Henry well, depending on the equity split, they seem a pretty good partnership. In fact you would say it almost follows the Fsg model except the investors are in LFC only and not the parent group

Still won't spend though.

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If Beane gives FSG £100m for 10% of the club and they invest that £100m in players then they now own 10% less of the club than they did yesterday. 

If they repeat that exercise every year for the next 4 years they will own less than half of what they own now. I wouldn't he rushing to have you invest in a pension for me.

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Of course not, it'll be a continuation of now. 

5 hours ago, No2 said:

If Beane gives FSG £100m for 10% of the club and they invest that £100m in players then they now own 10% less of the club than they did yesterday. 

If they repeat that exercise every year for the next 4 years they will own less than half of what they own now. I wouldn't he rushing to have you invest in a pension for me.

There won't be any external investment that provides players and why would there?

On 25/08/2020 at 07:16, VladimirIlyich said:

Scudamore an advisor? Money for old rope with these type of cunts isn't it?

They needed someone in the know to say "Buy into Liverpool Soccer Franchise, they are in first place in the League and they don't even need to win a play-off to win the League" 

6 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Doesn't FFP specifically restrict the ability to directly inject money into clubs to spend on transfers?

Not that it matters. Agree with all that 'having money' has nothing to do with our ability to spend on transfers. We have billionaire owners already.

I don't think it does if it's an equity injection, but I might be wrong. 

This sounds like some of the investors are partly cashing in by selling some of their stake to another investor which means no extra money is sloshing around in the club. The only way this has any impact at all on the club itself is if part of the deal is for all the investors to put in new investment with the aim of increasing its overall value. 

Well, unless someone with 500m or whatever it is, is altruistic, anyone handing money over to buy into the club will see existing shareholders 'share' reduced. The money 'injected' could be used in many different ways.

It could be used to pay down the Main Stand loan, pay for the ARE development, existing shareholders receiving a payout commensurate with the shareholding, a combination of any of the above or something else

I think it's a tenacious link by the Echo to say Bean could invest in Liverpool. Sure, he could but equally he might not. Myself, I dont see the benefit of being a minority shareholder in Liverpool, especially to the tune of £500m, except for the kudos. In any boardroom decisions, you're going to be in the minority position.

• Downvote 1

On 27/08/2020 at 10:40, aws said:

This sounds like some of the investors are partly cashing in by selling some of their stake to another investor which means no extra money is sloshing around in the club. The only way this has any impact at all on the club itself is if part of the deal is for all the investors to put in new investment with the aim of increasing its overall value. 

But how can we have no money? just how?

• Upvote 2

Operating costs are north of £500M per season. Revenue is down versus last year. That’s why we are skint. It’s not just playing squad wages that matter. We still need to pay up for the new training ground. Operating costs will be down a little bit. 

I don’t think it’s hard to see why the club are being very careful. As for other teams they are probably taking big risks. In my view we should take a bit of a financial gamble and just buy Thiago. Either we go down together with every other club if the shit hits the fan or we improve and challenge again. 

13 minutes ago, Einch said:

Operating costs are north of £500M per season. Revenue is down versus last year. That’s why we are skint. It’s not just playing squad wages that matter. We still need to pay up for the new training ground. Operating costs will be down a little bit. 

Yet on the topic of wages, we’re up there with the biggest spenders. In 18-19 ours was third at £315m (£5m behind City, £22m behind Man Utd) and that will have ballooned significantly with bonuses for winning the CL and Premier League. Short of a Messi-level signing by one of them, I wouldn’t be surprised if we're now in the top spot. So yeah, I’m in agreement that it's easy to understand the relative caution, although I’m with you in thinking that Thiago is a risk worth taking (assuming the interest is genuine), because the possibility of things going stale on the pitch is, to my mind, a greater one.

34 minutes ago, Einch said:

I don’t think it’s hard to see why the club are being very careful. As for other teams they are probably taking big risks. In my view we should take a bit of a financial gamble and just buy Thiago. Either we go down together with every other club if the shit hits the fan or we improve and challenge again. 

So can I ask, what would have happened if we had not have come second last year and won the CL? And won the League, WCC and super cup and a QF CL finish this year?

Would we have gone bankrupt? Because that prize winning money which totals nearly 400 million for a 1st and second place, cl win, world club cup, super cup and quarters of the Cl, would not have been there surely?

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So can I ask, what would have happened if we had not have come second last year and won the CL? And won the League, WCC and super cup and a QF CL finish this year?

Would we have gone bankrupt? Because that prize winning money which totals nearly 400 million for a 1st and second place, cl win, world club cup, super cup and quarters of the Cl, would not have been there surely?

Not sure what you’re asking. Those are the numbers that are in our published accounts. If we did not win/finish where we did we would have a lower revenue depending on where we finished and reached in each competition. Our outgoings would be less from bonus payments. Net we would be where we are now give or take several million at a guess.

I do wonder where the £200M in operating cost not associated to the playing sides wages is spent. 

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Can I borrow your new yacht John W. ? 

All the fucking money we've made the last couple of seasons and we have none to spend. 

I dont know what you mean by all the money we've made, we made about £42m profit last season before paying tax on that. We effectively spent all the countinho money on van Dijk and Allison. You can chuck in Fabinho after the 2018 CL final, Keita, who's been a massive disappointment for £54m in my personal opinion, £35m on Oxlaid Chamberlane.

Let's not forget a loan wasnt saddled on the club for the £50m cost of Kirkby either.

People seem to talk about the club's turnover or net worth as all the money we made when it isnt. The profit is the money the club has made.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yet on the topic of wages, we’re up there with the biggest spenders. In 18-19 ours was third at £315m (£5m behind City, £22m behind Man Utd) and that will have ballooned significantly with bonuses for winning the CL and Premier League. Short of a Messi-level signing by one of them, I wouldn’t be surprised if we're now in the top spot. So yeah, I’m in agreement that it's easy to understand the relative caution, although I’m with you in thinking that Thiago is a risk worth taking (assuming the interest is genuine), because the possibility of things going stale on the pitch is, to my mind, a greater one.

I would love to know how our wage bill is calculated. £315m in 1 season? Our top earner earns £10m per year. I'd be shocked if we had 10 players earning over 5m per year. 

Edit, and iirc we turn over more than 500m meaning the gap between our wages and turnover is about the size of a medium sized club like Everton.