You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

34 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Can you enlighten us onto the evidence you are basing this on please?

Unless your blaming Nike & LFC for the failure to predict a worldwide epidemic and worldwide recession, I’m not sure I follow?

Fuck me, some complete crackpots on this site. If only people would start posting on the MF again. 

Next outlandish theory will be FSG brewed COVID19 on purpose so they can have another quiet transfer window, allowing Linda to buy another Savannah cat.

They should have negotiated a better deal that saw the clubs revenues increase no matter what global crisis there was. You know a higher fixed base price than our previous deal. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

How is it better than man utds deal? 

Like it or not, we’ve been a yo-yo team over the past 30 years.

When we’re up, few are bigger.

When we’re down, we’re not as profitable.

Unfortunately, there’s been more down & middling than up.

Nike & LFC came to the agreement that if we’re up, you’ll get rewarded handsomely. If you’re down, you won’t.

I don’t see the problem.

It’s up to LFC to ensure we’re up.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Like it or not, we’ve been a yo-yo team over the past 30 years.

When we’re up, few are bigger.

When we’re down, we’re not as profitable.

Nike & LFC came to the agreement that if we’re up, you’ll get rewarded handsomely. If you’re down, you won’t.

I don’t see the problem.

Because their deal was six years ago, that is a long time. 

And we still even won't get close to it in our most successful period in 30 years. 

I honestly cannot see why people can't see the problem with it. 

The Nike deal was brilliant IMO, for what it gives us access to as opposed to the immediate economics. The economics are interesting and 20pc of all sales revenue can become very lucrative - I don't think we'll see mindblowing figures this year though. I believe the hope was that we see something around 75-80m come in after sales but who knows what that looks like now.

PSG are an incredible example of where you can go with Nike beyond annual football kits. I don't know if we are forward thinking enough commercially to think this way but PSG strategically set out to become a fashionwear (as opposed to sportswear) brand and that's why they partnered with Jordan (which was genuinely a fucking brilliant decision). You'll see tons of people who know fuck all about football wearing PSG tops routinely. 

We have arguably the biggest American sportsperson as an equity investor in the club (Lebron). Basketball players are massive cultural influencers (often mimicked by hip hop artists, who are often mimicked by literally nearly every other aspect of society). If we work with Nike to maximize our brand reach through these additional channels (and the mention of Serena Williams, Drake, etc. wasn't just a load of bollocks), this deal will be massive for us BEYOND the numbers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Because their deal was six years ago, that is a long time. 

And we still even won't get close to it in our most successful period in 30 years. 

I honestly cannot see why people can't see the problem with it. 

So the mancs signed their new deal in 2014? Didn’t they win the league in 2013?

Our deal is, preform on the pitch, that will translate to performance off the pitch. 

So if the club continues the job we all hope we’re doing, there is a significant chance we’ll be close to that deal.

Given their current situation, I’ll be surprised if the mancs get that again. We’ll see.

I honestly can’t see why people can’t think before posting.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I wouldnt disagree. It is frustrating for those who want to buy but cannot due to the gear not being readily available.

Id imagine predicting how many shirt sales and therefore how many units need to be made in advance, is quite tough especially when it's a new commercial venture. Nike might not have any accurate historical LFC shirt sales data to rely on and as you say, being Champions would trigger a huge increase in demand.

I waked into sports direct just 3 days ago and bought the red top for my boy. There were about 12 on the rail for kids and about 6 adult. 

4 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I waked into sports direct just 3 days ago and bought the red top for my boy. There were about 12 on the rail for kids and about 6 adult. 

There should be 120 for kids & 6000 for adults. Litigate against Nike. Mike Ashley is an FSG shill.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

1) We don’t know if there is a clause so no point debating. However, like you, I’d hope there is a penalty for Nike to pay.

2) I agree it’s not ideal that the clubs online business isn’t fully stocked with them but customers have plenty of other options on where to purchase from places that do have stock. I’ve also stated reasons why (preference for online, champions flashes / names etc) might well have contributed to a shortfall. 

3) Although we were full steam ahead by mid-April, I’d suggest COVID19 put a spanner in the works. A Google tells me Nike shirts are primarily made in Bangladesh and Thailand, both of which have had extensive lockdowns. 

4) On the sales...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-only-losers-with-new-nike-home-kit-break-record-sales-a4520951.html

If people shop away from LFC we make less, so it absolutely does matter if we're out of stock. 

The report in the press (can't remember who flagged it here, maybe dockers strike) was the kits are made in china..

15 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

To be fair, that comment I made about availability was in regards to Liverpool's souvie shops. They've had ten's of thousands of pre orders to fulfill. Nike also have retail outlets to supply and was one part of the contract that swung the deal over NB.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

The Nike deal was brilliant IMO, for what it gives us access to as opposed to the immediate economics. The economics are interesting and 20pc of all sales revenue can become very lucrative - I don't think we'll see mindblowing figures this year though. I believe the hope was that we see something around 75-80m come in after sales but who knows what that looks like now.

PSG are an incredible example of where you can go with Nike beyond annual football kits. I don't know if we are forward thinking enough commercially to think this way but PSG strategically set out to become a fashionwear (as opposed to sportswear) brand and that's why they partnered with Jordan (which was genuinely a fucking brilliant decision). You'll see tons of people who know fuck all about football wearing PSG tops routinely. 

We have arguably the biggest American sportsperson as an equity investor in the club (Lebron). Basketball players are massive cultural influencers (often mimicked by hip hop artists, who are often mimicked by literally nearly every other aspect of society). If we work with Nike to maximize our brand reach through these additional channels (and the mention of Serena Williams, Drake, etc. wasn't just a load of bollocks), this deal will be massive for us BEYOND the numbers.

I was thinking earlier and you'd probably know better as you're based in the US now aren't you? Do fsg actually have any experience in both kit deals and selling kits? Don't MLB take ownership of that type of thing for the whole league? 

5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

If people shop away from LFC we make less, so it absolutely does matter if we're out of stock. 

The report in the press (can't remember who flagged it here, maybe dockers strike) was the kits are made in china..

Ok. China has been COVID free obviously...

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Ok. China has been COVID free obviously...

They opened up pretty early (compared to us) and haven't locked down the entire country. Anyway, it's all moot, it seems only LFC online are out of stock, so supply chain seems pretty unlikely to have a dedicated manufacturing plant just for the club. It would seem LFC have done what they always do and got it wrong. 

4 hours ago, The Gaul said:

I was thinking earlier and you'd probably know better as you're based in the US now aren't you? Do fsg actually have any experience in both kit deals and selling kits? Don't MLB take ownership of that type of thing for the whole league? 

Funnily enough mate I was actually talking to a friend out here about this last month, and yeah you're spot on. MLB have a blanket contract for licensing/merch (which funnily enough is currently with Nike). It's a completely different model and I imagine one of the reasons LFC was attractive to FSG was the ability to completely own licensing and drive revenue off it.

I really want us to double down on that though. If we are going to commercialize the club then lets not pussyfoot about.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

They should have negotiated a better deal that saw the clubs revenues increase no matter what global crisis there was. You know a higher fixed base price than our previous deal. 

Donald Trump over here. 

5 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Funnily enough mate I was actually talking to a friend out here about this last month, and yeah you're spot on. MLB have a blanket contract for licensing/merch (which funnily enough is currently with Nike). It's a completely different model and I imagine one of the reasons LFC was attractive to FSG was the ability to completely own licensing and drive revenue off it.

I really want us to double down on that though. If we are going to commercialize the club then lets not pussyfoot about.

Ta, I thought that was the case. It's beyond just the licensing as well isn't it, don't MLB also run the whole online store side of it too? I was in Chicago a little while back and was going to get some cubs merchandise. We're all complaining about the 2 tier kits, but I seem to remember they have 3, Nike players, Nike "replica", then a no branded replica? I wonder if that's coming next to us. 

Basically,who cares about the minutia of the deal provided the fans aren't being asked to pay a tenner a game in increased ticket prices? The whole point of us selling ourselves like F1 drivers is because fans don't want to pay much more for tickets and FSG now realise,thanks to fan demonstrations,that Liverpool FC is very close to it's ceiling among ordinary matchgoers. I don't even go to the game any more but those of you that do must realise that all these deals are mostly beneficial to the matchgoer,aren't they?

19 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Nike-swoosh.jpg

This means more.....

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Basically,who cares about the minutia of the deal provided the fans aren't being asked to pay a tenner a game in increased ticket prices? The whole point of us selling ourselves like F1 drivers is because fans don't want to pay much more for tickets and FSG now realise,thanks to fan demonstrations,that Liverpool FC is very close to it's ceiling among ordinary matchgoers. I don't even go to the game any more but those of you that do must realise that all these deals are mostly beneficial to the matchgoer,aren't they?

Exactly. Ive been saying this for years. Certain people go on about 'day trippers' with their bags of LiverWorld goods (is it still called that?) but those people who spend 200+ every time they visit the ground add to the finances. That can be helping to keep ticket prices down, ground maintenance, player wages \ buyers, whatever.

It wasnt hard to predict if Nike and the club were talking of a kit deal worth 80m, fans were going to pay for that with 100 shirts etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...