You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 12/08/2020 at 08:25, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Is it though? Hint: It isn't.

Our deal with Nike should have blown all the other clubs deals out of the water. It should have been a record breaking amount like we saw with Adidas and the mancs six years ago. 

They negotiated 75m a year in 2014, as current champions of everything we have negotiated a base amount that is less than half of that. 

How are we meant to get near that with no stock online and no one going to shops? 

It's an utter piss take of a deal. 

When Man utd renew in 4 years I guarantee it will be 100m a year minimum. 

There is a reason New Balance took us to court. 

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Our deal with Nike should have blown all the other clubs deals out of the water. It should have been a record breaking amount like we saw with Adidas and the mancs six years ago. 

They negotiated 75m a year in 2014, as current champions of everything we have negotiated a base amount that is less than half of that. 

How are we meant to get near that with no stock online and no one going to shops? 

It's an utter piss take of a deal. 

When Man utd renew in 4 years I guarantee it will be 100m a year minimum. 

There is a reason New Balance took us to court. 

There’s a reason they lost. You’re taking out of your hat if you think we signed a deal worse than the one we already had. 

FFS. 

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

Where is the no stock coming from? Just been on Nike.com and everything is available.

FUCK OFF IT'S A SHIT DEAL AND THERE'S NO STOCK AND WE ARE PAYING THEM TO WEAR THE SHIRT BECAUSE FSG ARE CUNTS AND FUCK THE WORLD AND FSG ARE CUNTS AND ARGHHHHHHHHGH UFCKINGNK WIKfhw[equih. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant. 

It's too late. The narrative has been set, these nut cases will be pointing out August 12th 2020 when Man Utd renew in 3 years time.

3 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

pretty strange you cant buy it on the club shop. Probably the shops fault. 

There's alway the pre order thing first before it's actually on sale. They'll be fulfilling those orders first before going ahead with others. By all accounts both Nike and the club have been overwhelmed at the success of the shirt sales. Again!

13 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

pretty strange you cant buy it on the club shop. Probably the shops fault. 

You can order for delivery on August 31st, not ideal but it's not losing business totally. They also direct you to Nike for presale on the new 2nd kit.  I know I'm becoming a shrill but I really don't see an issue with it.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's alway the pre order thing first before it's actually on sale. They'll be fulfilling those orders first before going ahead with others. By all accounts both Nike and the club have been overwhelmed at the success of the shirt sales. Again!

It's the again bit I don't get, this seems to happen most years and surely the fact we were going to be champions they could have predicted a massive surge in orders. It is not like we didn't know for months we were going to win the league. 

I am not a fan of Nike but I imagined their supply would be a lot better than NB, maybe Covid has had an impact ?

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am not a fan of Nike but I imagined their supply would be a lot better than NB, maybe Covid has had an impact ?

I’ve posted an article in the Nike thread, it has and it’s still on course to be our biggest selling shirt in our history.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve posted an article in the Nike thread, it has and it’s still on course to be our biggest selling shirt in our history.

Almost like it was a smart move to go for the slice of shirt sales instead of... 

Just kidding. FSG OUT GARGGGGGLLLLEE OUT OF STOCK LESSMONNNNNEY NEVER WIN WITH THESE OWNERSSSS GARGLE GARGLE JURGEN HATES THEM HES JUST PRETENDING GARGLE. 

I mean, they need to put their hand in their pocket but fucking hell its all a bit much in this thread. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I mean, they need to put their hand in their pocket but fucking hell its all a bit much in this thread. 

And the summer / winter transfer threads, every player related transfer thread, the Nike thread...

The amount of posters just seemingly getting worked up over stuff we / they have no idea about is ridiculous.

The only thing we sort of know about is what is happening on the pitch, and I think we can all agree that’s pretty fucking great. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

It's the again bit I don't get, this seems to happen most years and surely the fact we were going to be champions they could have predicted a massive surge in orders. It is not like we didn't know for months we were going to win the league. 

I wouldnt disagree. It is frustrating for those who want to buy but cannot due to the gear not being readily available.

Id imagine predicting how many shirt sales and therefore how many units need to be made in advance, is quite tough especially when it's a new commercial venture. Nike might not have any accurate historical LFC shirt sales data to rely on and as you say, being Champions would trigger a huge increase in demand.

43 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Id imagine predicting how many shirt sales and therefore how many units need to be made in advance, is quite tough especially when it's a new commercial venture. Nike might not have any accurate historical LFC shirt sales data to rely on and as you say, being Champions would trigger a huge increase in demand.

You could quite easily go further and say given the UK is in worst recession since WW2 and given forecasts in unemployment levels, they could have under-estimated how many people would be in a position to pay £70+ for a shirt?

Or, I’m assuming these shirts are made in some more of the under privileged areas of the world, what would social distancing look like in these factories and would they be able to make the same volume based on reduced staff?

These are all hypotheticals, none of us know anything behind all this really. To me the above doesn’t seem unfesable.

Which if shirts weren’t available, could be considered a problem. But they are. So getting angry about lack of supply absolutely nonsense!

1 minute ago, RobbieOR said:

I'm amazed that after the past few years we've had I'm still reading some of the opinions on this thread. It's like the view that they're terrible is such an entrenched view now that it can never be reversed. 

It’s where we are as a species I think. Politics, media, sport; everything seems to be this way.