You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

FEG and Beefstroganoff, I'll say it here and now. Whatever they do won't be good enough for you. They could go ahead and do all those things that tick every box of yours, and all you'll do is create a new set of boxes listing things they haven't done and point out where they have failed to meet your mark.

So there is no need to labour the point. You'll save yourselves a shitload of posts in those times when when the team don't actually have a game and the media focus is on other things like transfers or the stadium, which is like the Batsignal to you two.

I've been ignored by FEG for saying something similar. I'm interested to see his response.

2 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Looking at that table and even factoring in all of our expensive contract extensions. We must be sitting on a pile of cash. I can understand we need to be prudent in this day and age, but playing the pauper have to be for show. If not then there is some serious questions to be asked. Can't wait for the next set of accounts to sniffle through.

I would hope so. This is what was fed to us by all of the clubs mouthpieces last summer. "We're saving up to go big next year".

Fair enough the pandemic has hit so I'm all on board for conservatism. But if we end this summer like we did last, it is surely a fair and reasonable question to ask why we can't afford to spend a modest amount (<30-50m) on reinforcements. 

3 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Looking at that table and even factoring in all of our expensive contract extensions. We must be sitting on a pile of cash. I can understand we need to be prudent in this day and age, but playing the pauper have to be for show. If not then there is some serious questions to be asked. Can't wait for the next set of accounts to sniffle through.

The one thing that is not being mentioned at all by the Glitterazzi is who is that show for? It's not for the fans. If other clubs assume you have money bulging out of your pockets, prices of players go through the roof.

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I've been ignored by FEG for saying something similar. I'm interested to see his response.

I've already responded, it's a load of fucking bollocks.

It's an incredibly childish response to somebody airing fair criticism. It's akin to telling a pauper he 'would never be happy with anything!' because he's asking for a pair of new shoes and a sleeping bag. 

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The one thing that is not being mentioned at all by the Glitterazzi is who is that show for? It's not for the fans. If other clubs assume you have money bulging out of your pockets, prices of players go through the roof.

Totally agree. Im fine with us playing the pauper as a bargaining position if we eventually bring in what we need.

However we have been here before 12 months ago. So I'm sure you can appreciate the skepticism. We were told the same thing last summer and everybody on here was certain it was an act and we'd eventually bring in an attacker and/or a backup LB - we didn't bring anybody in.

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I've already responded, it's a load of fucking bollocks.

It's an incredibly childish response to somebody airing fair criticism. It's akin to telling a pauper he 'would never be happy with anything!' because he's asking for a pair of new shoes and a sleeping bag. 

From my perspective, it's boring reading about what someone doesn't want without really committing to what they do want. If mbappe isn't what you want and buying a left back for 12m isn't doing it either, what is wanted. That's the way I am interpreting @Trumo's post, but I could be wrong in that interpretation. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Totally agree. Im fine with us playing the pauper as a bargaining position if we eventually bring in what we need.

However we have been here before 12 months ago. So I'm sure you can appreciate the skepticism. We were told the same thing last summer and everybody on here was certain it was an act and we'd eventually bring in an attacker and/or a backup LB - we didn't bring anybody in.

The Jamal  Lewis situation has the hallmarks of a club trying to chance their arm on getting more money that Greek left back really looks the business and the buyers/sellers reached agreement.

All the club can do is negotiate the best terms for the best players and Klopp to work with them. It's a model that is working so it's reasonable to give them the benefit of any doubts.

If mbappe says I want a move to Liverpool and I will do everything I can to achieve it, I would like to think Liverpool would do something about it.

3 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Thanks for 'saying it here and now' (hahaha save the dramatics) but what a load of shite. 

This is what I mean and this is why there is continued hostility on this topic. My expectation is that we are not outspend by 15 of the 19 other teams in the PL. How is that an unreasonable stance?

A modest net spend this summer (30-50m) would quell a lot of frustration. It's not about the money, it's about the players...I think that amount of net spend can bring in a good quality backup attacker, back LB, backup CB and Thiago. 

Stop fucking going on like we're demanding Mbappe.

Why does that matter so much to you? We could spend a ton of money like Everton did and have a squad filled with shite, but be higher up in that net spend table. The problem for you would then be that we've spent a ton of money on shite, not that we are higher up in that table.

I myself have concerns over refreshing our squad. My concerns are more about players who usually do not have fitness or form concerns suddenly having fitness or form concerns. But then I don't think Klopp and his team are idiots. I'm am certain that they have some of the same concerns, but the crucial diference is that they work with the players every day and know them personally, they know how to build and develop a squad, and they have a structure that accounts for these things possibly cropping up and how to manage it.

If I have a current issue with the way the owners are running things, it is mainly regarding why we are always top of the agent fees table. In simplistic terms, paying £30-40m a year in agent fees is a bleed on resources, and I would like to know why we are paying so much in fees. Personally, I think a club of our standing's legal team ought to be sufficient enough to represent the club in negotiations without the club using an agent.

47 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think those two words are the reason for the frustration. I don't think anybody realistically expects ridiculous money to be spent and I'm actually on board with the conservatism you mention. But being where we are on the list below takes the piss, surely?

Note: we are now 15-20m below Spurs after their purchase of Hojberg (this was created before then)

image.thumb.png.3bde6dc3dcc3589cb8e12c5931563547.png

I suspect now Fulham have gone past us too now they've been promoted. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Can you not see the irony in describing FSG as bad owners when they run a club that spent less than 15 of those club's and finished ahead of 19 if them?

Have they been described as bad owners?

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The Jamal  Lewis situation has the hallmarks of a club trying to chance their arm on getting more money that Greek left back really looks the business and the buyers/sellers reached agreement.

All the club can do is negotiate the best terms for the best players and Klopp to work with them. It's a model that is working so it's reasonable to give them the benefit of any doubts.

If mbappe says I want a move to Liverpool and I will do everything I can to achieve it, I would like to think Liverpool would do something about it.

Mbappe is a bit of a sideshow, £200m is not realistic for us on one player, even if he says he'll never kick another ball again unless it's for us. How about us not missing out on werner for a start? From every report, we know Klopp wanted him, and he wanted us. They were even sexting over MSN messenger (one for the teenagers) through the start of covid. The price was a steal for a young forward at his age with his record. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Can you not see the irony in describing FSG as bad owners when they run a club that spent less than 15 of those club's and finished ahead of 19 if them?

Do you not see that despite spending less than 15 sides over 5 years, getting more prize money than any club ever before, were supposed to be skint? What the fuck are we going to do when we're not getting record prize money and TV income? 

12 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

From my perspective, it's boring reading about what someone doesn't want without really committing to what they do want. If mbappe isn't what you want and buying a left back for 12m isn't doing it either, what is wanted. That's the way I am interpreting @Trumo's post, but I could be wrong in that interpretation. 

I posted an entire conservative summer window summary in the transfers thread. I don’t know an easy way to find it so here goes an updated version

out

lovren - 11m

origi - 25m

larouci - 4m

Wilson - 17m

Grujic - 19

karius - 6m
Lallana - free, high wages gone

clyne - see above 

72m raised

In

tsimikas - 12m

thiago - 27m

attacker - 30m

cb - 15m

84m spent

Net 12m spent in the best scenario. However, I don’t think the club should be reliant on making every one of those sales before spending. If that net figure is 30-40m because we couldn’t sell everybody, I’d hope we can absorb that. I also don’t care about the figures we spend as long as the players come in...if we can find an attacker for 10m who is good enough, happy days. 

Is the above not a fairly realistic and conservative “want”?

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Do you not see that despite spending less than 15 sides over 5 years, getting more prize money than any club ever before, were supposed to be skint? What the fuck are we going to do when we're not getting record prize money and TV income? 

We're not skint though, the accounts show that. We have owners waiting to see how the world develops over the next couple of months. Just yesterday we had the Chinese T.V. station saying they're not paying up, you can multiple that scenario by a dozen quite easily. Everything goes to back to normal then we're fucking loaded, if they don't then sitting tight with the best team in the world is alright by me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

We're not skint though, the accounts show that. We have owners waiting to see how the world develops over the next couple of months. Just yesterday we had the Chinese T.V. station saying they're not paying up, you can multiple that scenario by a dozen quite easily. Everything goes to back to normal then we're fucking loaded, if they don't then sitting tight with the best team in the world is alright by me.

What were they doing last summer?

1 minute ago, No2 said:

I assume you're talking about last year's accounts? Unless I missed this years? The only accounts I'm aware of match the timeline when klopp said we were skint and we had bills to pay. And there was no covid. 

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

What were they doing last summer?

After 97 points (the 3rd most in English football history) & a European Cup, could they be confident the existing squad could go one better & win what we’ve all wanted for 30 years?

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

I assume you're talking about last year's accounts? Unless I missed this years? The only accounts I'm aware of match the timeline when klopp said we were skint and we had bills to pay. And there was no covid. 

I'm working off the fair assumption that this years accounts will be even better than last years. Three years of profits will have us in a very healthy position.

3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Shirley the only accounts we’re interested in is a European Cup, a Super Cup, a Club World Championship & a Premiership?