You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Post covid money aside they should be up there with the highest other clubs earn relative to how the future economy looks. If everyone's commercial revenues takes hit well that's just the market now but we shouldnt be lagging in any area really other than the money generated in ticket sales and corporate. Its not a dig at FSG either. Were catching up to United. 

Yeah fair comment. I think as most of the deals were signed in the last couple of years, they'd include one off bonuses for winning the CL and or PL. You'd expect deals being signed after we won those to reflect an increase in normal circumstances.

Given the current situation though, I fear the club may have to settle for either fewer deals as businesses look to reduce their costs or accept lower than anticipated headline amounts.

We should be closing the gap on united although I expect the speed that gap is narrowing may slow down a bit due to the current situation and financial impact.

43 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

That doesn't really sound like an honest question but looks like yet another obsessive defense of FSG. Support them all you want but you seem a bit too defensive on every aspect of criticism to the point of being weird.

Given the hostility of some, I prefaced the reply with it being an honest question to try and show I bore no ill feelings to the poster asking what they did.

Instead, you've just put the usual spin on it being in defence of FSG. No, it wasnt. The world wide virus situation is having an impact across the world, not just regards health but people's jobs and companies willingness to pump money into sport and football in particular at this time. But believe what you will.

As for being weird, yeah, whatever.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don’t post that. With the £70m CL money, Lovren sold (+£100k pw wages), Lallana & Clyne off the books (another £200k pw in wages) and the Nike shirt sales,  you’ll have all the accountancy experts from the forum working out our transfer budget...

2E5D2376-39DE-4EF8-B089-1B39766FF64E.gif

2501A0B9-CA54-4A04-BE8C-C6D4B8009342.gif

Good news. All 20 PL clubs agreed they'd each receive their full amount of tv money due for the season just ended with the rebate to sky, BT and Amazon taken out of the remaining years of the tv deal.

In the first bit of information by Swiss rambler, Liverpool could have expected to lose £21m from the £175m if the PL clubs hadnt made this agreement and deferred the rebate to the remaining years of the tv deal. The amount of rebate to overseas tv rights holders are still ongoing meaning clubs will still have less income than anticipated in addition to the £160m the chinese rights holder has already witheld.

Liverpool's annual accounting period ended on 31 May. If they have interim accounting information available, they may already be in a position to see the real financial impact the football suspension has had on them and be able to amend their strategy accordingly.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Don’t post that. With the £70m CL money, Lovren sold (+£100k pw wages), Lallana & Clyne off the books (another £200k pw in wages) and the Nike shirt sales,  you’ll have all the accountancy experts from the forum working out our transfer budget...

2E5D2376-39DE-4EF8-B089-1B39766FF64E.gif

2501A0B9-CA54-4A04-BE8C-C6D4B8009342.gif

But we've lost the monkey coconut water sponsorship and Western Union so we will need to sell Salah and Mane. 

7 hours ago, No2 said:

I honestly can't believe people are having digs at FSG for revenue generation. It's the one thing they have been consistently good at. Utd were a country mile ahead and we will overtake them in this decade. It's like saying Usain Bolt is only 7 seconds quicker than me over 100m, 7 seconds is fucking nothing, except it is.

As you can see from the graph on this thread, that's simply not true. The gap has increased under their ownership. 

12 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I think normally fans do it for nothing. If John Henry is paying you, I apologise. You're not a fan boy, you're a rent boy. 

What was it you said? 'Grow up' and 'I think you're about 12'?

Thing is, while I can enjoy the club being World, European and English Champions there's always something holding you back. No matter what success the club has, you've always got something eating away at you over the club's ownership.

Enjoy!

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Thing is, while I can enjoy the club being World, European and English Champions there's always something holding you back. No matter what success the club has, you've always got something eating away at you over the club's ownership.

Enjoy!

I can tell you're enjoying life by the fact all you've done for the last few days is revenge neg and whine about being told to grow up. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Horus said:

I can tell you're enjoying life by the fact all you've done for the last few days is revenge neg and whine about being told to grow up. 

Revenge neg? Isnt that like PHE and once you test positive for covid if you get run over by a bus your death is counted as due to covid? Or maybe your medicine doesnt taste good to you?

Actually, if you check your facts you find Ive +ve far more.

Of course you can always put me on ignore.

• Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Enjoy!

You don't know me, so don't comment on me please child. 

9 hours ago, No2 said:

I honestly can't believe people are having digs at FSG for revenue generation. It's the one thing they have been consistently good at. Utd were a country mile ahead and we will overtake them in this decade. It's like saying Usain Bolt is only 7 seconds quicker than me over 100m, 7 seconds is fucking nothing, except it is.

Maybe you should read the fucking information in the thread to understand why people are rightly criticizing our lack of commercial growth since they've arrived. 

We were closer to the Mancs in commercial revenue before they arrived than we are now. We have actively fallen behind further as the years have gone on. 

image.thumb.png.6ce3cec8f34e0497dee82cda7e5c45e4.png

It's pretty hilarious that people want us to suck off FSG for their commercial brilliance and at the same time not complain that we have no money to invest in the squad. They are quite literally two notions which are diametrically opposed but I guess you have to be a special type of retarded fuck to believe both can be true.

Are we rich or are we poor? Both if you listen to some on here.

Looking at that graph, if it's accurate then United kind of hit a plateau in 2016 while we were still on an upward trajectory which got steeper in 2018.  United are a cash fucking behemoth and always will be, we will do well to even get close to them in those terms.

I wouldn't mind seeing that graph updated for this season, to see if the same pattern remains.

33 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

It's pretty hilarious that people want us to suck off FSG for their commercial brilliance and at the same time not complain that we have no money to invest in the squad. They are quite literally two notions which are diametrically opposed but I guess you have to be a special type of retarded fuck to believe both can be true.

Are we rich or are we poor? Both if you listen to some on here.

Spot on. What is clear is despite their claims of how fucking brilliant they are commercial, that's very far from the truth. We've all been wondering where this money is as they claimed they're closing in on man United's revenues. Is our turnover only close to theirs because of player sales? 

21 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Maybe you should read the fucking information in the thread to understand why people are rightly criticizing our lack of commercial growth since they've arrived. 

We were closer to the Mancs in commercial revenue before they arrived than we are now. We have actively fallen behind further as the years have gone on. 

You know what I see with my fucking eyes looking at that? I see a direct correlation between success and commercial worth. Man Utd were selling a piece of 25 years of continuous success, we were flogging 20 years of cup runs and Roy Hodgson. That was our starting point. They were selling a piece of global fan base engaged with the brand, we were selling internet terrorism if you get on the wrong side of the fans. 

Remove all context like an 8 year old and you can make everything look black and white. I don't expect you to start showing us in 4th place behind the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea and later behind City's inflated figures year after year. That won't suit your argument though so we won't see it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

21 minutes ago, No2 said:

You know what I see with my fucking eyes looking at that? I see a direct correlation between success and commercial worth. Man Utd were selling a piece of 25 years of continuous success, we were flogging 20 years of cup runs and Roy Hodgson. That was our starting point. They were selling a piece of global fan base engaged with the brand, we were selling internet terrorism if you get on the wrong side of the fans. 

Remove all context like an 8 year old and you can make everything look black and white. I don't expect you to start showing us in 4th place behind the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea and later behind City's inflated figures year after year. That won't suit your argument though so we won't see it.

Accounts are back and white. Despite 20 years of success, look how it has grown through what's been a poor decade for the mancs. I've said it before, commercially Ian Ayre started turning us around and was doing a good job with increased revenues before fsg were here. It's just those gobshite owners we had undid all that good work as they were ripping is off. We've made no great leaps at all compared to the mancs. It's there on paper, there can be just no disputing it. 

34 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Accounts are back and white. Despite 20 years of success, look how it has grown through what's been a poor decade for the mancs. I've said it before, commercially Ian Ayre started turning us around and was doing a good job with increased revenues before fsg were here. It's just those gobshite owners we had undid all that good work as they were ripping is off. We've made no great leaps at all compared to the mancs. It's there on paper, there can be just no disputing it. 

4 years ago they were making £175m more than us, we have halved that in that period and no doubt will reduce it even further in the next accounts. Maybe I'm a thick cunt but I just don't understand how you can't see that. They are standing still while we are marching forward at an incredible pace.

Lots of Utd's deals were signed when the smell of success was still very fresh. Selling is easier when you have 13 shiny trophies and guarantees of more. We were trying to sell on a promise of next year will be our year, how can you expect us to close the gap in that scenario?

The link below shows they have stalled spectacularly, 3 years of almost identical numbers. Interestingly their match day numbers were higher 10 years ago than they are now. Proof that increasing numbers without success is hard fucking work. A direct correlation between performance on the pitch being meh and commercial figures being meh too.

https://ir.manutd.com/company-information/business-model.aspx#:~:text=Total revenue for the years,and £581.3 million%2C respectively.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Spot on. What is clear is despite their claims of how fucking brilliant they are commercial, that's very far from the truth. We've all been wondering where this money is as they claimed they're closing in on man United's revenues. Is our turnover only close to theirs because of player sales? 

Mate, what are you on about?

Revenues would be reported, and I’m pretty sure would be broken down by income stream.

The “claims” that we’re closing in on Man Utd’s turnover came from independent journalists reporting on clubs financial figures, not FSG bragging about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

We are proportionately exactly where we were 10 years ago - we were not closer, the dollar figures were smaller.

It looks to me looking at that graph we were about 60m then and they were 80m (obviously I'm 1m out as he says the difference is 19m). Their revenue was 1/3 more. The latest numbers look to be around 180m to 280m. 1/3 more than 180m would be 240m. The gap has grown significantly. I would guess looking at that graph closer to 50% more than we do. It just isn't the same. And thats before how much we fell behind over recent years. 

1 hour ago, No2 said:

4 years ago they were making £175m more than us, we have halved that in that period and no doubt will reduce it even further in the next accounts. Maybe I'm a thick cunt but I just don't understand how you can't see that. They are standing still while we are marching forward at an incredible pace.

Lots of Utd's deals were signed when the smell of success was still very fresh. Selling is easier when you have 13 shiny trophies and guarantees of more. We were trying to sell on a promise of next year will be our year, how can you expect us to close the gap in that scenario?

The link below shows they have stalled spectacularly, 3 years of almost identical numbers. Interestingly their match day numbers were higher 10 years ago than they are now. Proof that increasing numbers without success is hard fucking work. A direct correlation between performance on the pitch being meh and commercial figures being meh too.

https://ir.manutd.com/company-information/business-model.aspx#:~:text=Total revenue for the years,and £581.3 million%2C respectively.

Yes, they've closed the gap. A gap they created. The gap is bigger now than it was when they took over. The gap 5 years into their ownership is awful. 

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate, what are you on about?

Revenues would be reported, and I’m pretty sure would be broken down by income stream.

The “claims” that we’re closing in on Man Utd’s turnover came from independent journalists reporting on clubs financial figures, not FSG bragging about it.

The echo bang on about it almost every day (you can't possibly think they're impartial?) until they need to run stories of how skint we are in case the club is expected to compete with our peers in the transfer market. The commercial figures are there in this thread. When Fsg took over man uniteds commercial revenues were around 133% of ours. It's now around 150% of ours and it was worse for the 4 years 2015-8 where without getting the calculator out, it looks like their commercials were about 170% of ours. It just blows the myth there's some genius work at play. Unless you think Ed Woodward is a genius?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

It looks to me looking at that graph we were about 60m then and they were 80m (obviously I'm 1m out as he says the difference is 19m). Their revenue was 1/3 more. The latest numbers look to be around 180m to 280m. 1/3 more than 180m would be 240m. The gap has grown significantly. I would guess looking at that graph closer to 50% more than we do. It just isn't the same. And thats before how much we fell behind over recent years. 

Yes, they've closed the gap. A gap they created. The gap is bigger now than it was when they took over. The gap 5 years into their ownership is awful. 

The echo bang on about it almost every day (you can't possibly think they're impartial?) until they need to run stories of how skint we are in case the club is expected to compete with our peers in the transfer market. The commercial figures are there in this thread. When Fsg took over man uniteds commercial revenues were around 133% of ours. It's now around 150% of ours and it was worse for the 4 years 2015-8 where without getting the calculator out, it looks like their commercials were about 170% of ours. It just blows the myth there's some genius work at play. Unless you think Ed Woodward is a genius?

Ah, I never look at the Echo, so there you go. 

The only claims of revenue I've ever noticed are from the Deloitte type stuff, like this one: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriswilliams/2020/01/14/liverpool-and-manchester-city-close-the-gap-manchester-united-at-risk-deloitte-football-money-league-2020/#2ce34eb44959

It does mention us (and Man City) being primed to overtake the red Mancs based on predicted revenues for this year.  Which will obviously be all a bit down the toilet now. 

If you go and look at the actual Deloitte report though, the revenue has nothing to do with player sales, as per your previous post, it's split up into Matchday, Broadcast and Commercial.

Our split is:

Commercial - 35% (£185.9)

Broadcast - 49% (£263.8)

Matchday -  16% (£83.3)

The Mancs is:

Commercial - 45% (£279.6)

Broadcast - 38% (£241.2)

Matchday - 17% (£106.3)

If you look at other clubs in the top 10 revenues, most of them do have a larger percentage commercial revenue than us - Real & Barca are 46% revenues through commercial. Bayern are even higher (54%), which I guess is a case of needs must, as their TV revenue is less.  Juventus have the same commercial revenue as us (£185 million) but it's a bigger proportion of their income.

In the prem, Chelsea have exactly the same commercial revenue as us (£185 million) but smaller from broadcast and matchday, so it makes a larger amount of their revenue too.

Spurs and Arsenal have way less commercial revenue than us, Spurs £133.9 (29%) and Arsenal £110.9 (28%).

So I guess my reading of it is that we have a fair bit of ground to make up on the Mancs, along with Real, Barca and Bayern on the commercial deals side.  The club are performing OK, but we're in a second tier group with Juventus and Chelsea, rather than at the very top table.

You would think that over the last couple of years we would have been pretty enticing as a commercial partner being fucking great and all over the telly.

Maybe the Nike deal will work out, but the loss of Western Union as the sleeve sponsor with no-one looking lined up to replace them, and no sponsor for the training ground, doesn't look like the club has been that great at maximising the cash opportunities.

Mind you we'd have probably been moaning if the training ground or Main Stand had been named after some company.

• Upvote 1