You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Yeah, that or he's got his eye on one of the governing body roles.

Most concerned about what this will mean for some of the local traders. Club has delivered some pretty tone deaf messaging in the past and he had to step in on occasion. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Been offered a new job?

Maybe but there's no reference to a new job in the announcement in the press release by him or the club.

It's possible he could just want to go back to the States. When he joined, the impression was it was for the long run and not just 3 years.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Moore's to be replaced by Hogan according to Paul Joyce.

This is bad news for several reasons.

Maybe American dandyboy Billy Hogan can fill his shoes? I won’t hold my breath. From now on am I supposed to support the Fenway Sports Group Sports Franchise Soccer Branch

?

What’s next? George Septhon out – Organ in?

4 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

This is bad news for several reasons.

Maybe American dandyboy Billy Hogan can fill his shoes? I won’t hold my breath. From now on am I supposed to support the Fenway Sports Group Sports Franchise Soccer Branch

?

What’s next? George Septhon out – Organ in?

What are the reasons then? (Genuinely interested). 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, that or he's got his eye on one of the governing body roles.

Most concerned about what this will mean for some of the local traders. Club has delivered some pretty tone deaf messaging in the past and he had to step in on occasion. 

Well, let's be right here , he was the CEO, so if the club did some tone deaf messaging it sits with him. Personally I've been really disappointed by him, he's spoken at times like he was just there to be some kind of cheerleader and I've found the few interviews he's done pretty grating. Hogan seems to be liked around the club, so I'm positive about that. My main concern is contrary to some of the messaging out of the club today that he operates from London and Liverpool, he very much operates in London. So I'd like to know who's going to be here and at least try and keep their finger on the pulse. Perhaps that will fall to the ex-manc we've just hired to replace Hogan. 

Just now, The Gaul said:

Well, let's be right here , he was the CEO, so if the club did some tone deaf messaging it sits with him. Personally I've been really disappointed by him, he's spoken at times like he was just there to be some kind of cheerleader and I've found the few interviews he's done pretty grating. Hogan seems to be liked around the club, so I'm positive about that. My main concern is contrary to some of the messaging out of the club today that he operates from London and Liverpool, he very much operates in London. So I'd like to know who's going to be here and at least try and keep their finger on the pulse. Perhaps that will fall to the ex-manc we've just hired to replace Hogan. 

To an extent, yes. But he's never going to proactively oversee all such activity. He stepped in and course-corrected when needed.

Moore coming from the gaming world probably led to that PR-led approach, but then it's better than just a faceless suit and he has been receptive when he had to be. Lots of avoidable mistakes along the way of course, but I'm not doing the guys PDR, there's a bit of better the devil you know which might not be there going forward.

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

To an extent, yes. But he's never going to proactively oversee all such activity. He stepped in and course-corrected when needed.

Moore coming from the gaming world probably led to that PR-led approach, but then it's better than just a faceless suit and he has been receptive when he had to be. Lots of avoidable mistakes along the way of course, but I'm not doing the guys PDR, there's a bit of better the devil you know which might not be there going forward.

I see where you're coming from. I prefer to look at it the other way. I think fsg have failed to have their finger on the pulse for large parts of their time in charge and I don't think ayre (who I think was just grateful and made up to have the role and buzzing his tits off) or Moore have done a lot to help them. And then when things have gone wrong, it's taken fsg to step in and straighten things out, but they've basically just bowed down to pressure. I'm hoping with their boy in the chair, there will be better communication to and from Boston and help them get a better feel for the city and the club. I don't think they have that at all, because I don't think they're here enough. I'm hoping one of them in charge might improve that, as sure as hell they'll likely be spending less time here and not more till we have a vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I see where you're coming from. I prefer to look at it the other way. I think fsg have failed to have their finger on the pulse for large parts of their time in charge and I don't think ayre (who I think was just grateful and made up to have the role and buzzing his tits off) or Moore have done a lot to help them. And then when things have gone wrong, it's taken fsg to step in and straighten things out, but they've basically just bowed down to pressure. I'm hoping with their boy in the chair, there will be better communication to and from Boston and help them get a better feel for the city and the club. I don't think they have that at all, because I don't think they're here enough. I'm hoping one of them in charge might improve that, as sure as hell they'll likely be spending less time here and not more till we have a vaccine. 

Hopefully.  Will be disappointing in the extreme when the next furlough/cease and desist debacle/ticket price hike emerges.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Hopefully.  Will be disappointing in the extreme when the next furlough/cease and desist debacle/ticket price hike emerges.

Indeed. 

Not that I am trying to ignite things at all (but I'm waiting for the usual people to go mental), but there is also the chance now city have blow ffp out of the water, perhaps they want their boy in charge as they're keen to offload some or all of the club and they want their hands on the wheel rather than some bloke who is good at computer games.