You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

25 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I take your point, but half of them would need replacing if they left as they played loads of games.   I think that outside of the kids already there, no new incomings will be happening.

We already have a small squad 

Exactly.  I'm all for selling to fringe player including those on loan but if we're not replacing what's already here what's the point as they all get games except Clyne who with lallana is off anyway.

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Giving Lovren an extension sums it up for me.  FSG are deluded if they think we can maintain the standard of the last two years without some quality additions. Letting Werner drift off to Chelsea was sheer stupidity. 

You didnt hear Jurgen's praise of Degsy then? I really dont get how people square this circle. Is Jurgen an FSG shill because all I hear him say is praise players others want fucking out the club and saying he's on board with the owners stance.

Do you honestly think Liverpool would have taken up the year's option on Lovren's contract if Jurgen wanted to replace him and what would that say about Jurgen?

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

You didnt hear Jurgen's praise of Degsy then? I really dont get how people square this circle. Is Jurgen an FSG shill because all I hear him say is praise players others want fucking out the club and saying he's on board with the owners stance.

Do you honestly think Liverpool would have taken up the year's option on Lovren's contract if Jurgen wanted to replace him and what would that say about Jurgen?

I honestly think that a player with 2 years on his contract, will almost always cost more than the same player with 1 year left.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think Klopp is a FSG shill, but he can't criticise Lovren knowing that one or two injuries means he will have to rely on him.

I think you are deluded if you think that Klopp doesn't want better players than Lovren, but he knows that is all he is going to get.

19 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I dont think Klopp is a FSG shill, but he can't criticise Lovren knowing that one or two injuries means he will have to rely on him.

I think you are deluded if you think that Klopp doesn't want better players than Lovren, but he knows that is all he is going to get.

Spot on. The club has made it clear for some time they want rid. The fact he's still at the club is our valuation exceeds that of any interested club. Taking that extra year will only maintain that street value for him in the eyes of the club. And anyone who thinks klopp is going to slag any of his players who are "good lads" hasn't been watching for the last 4 years. Klopp only nails those who compromise the culture he's built like sakho. It's not even to do if he might need him, it's just a matter of decency and respect. Suggesting otherwise would suggest klopp rated Moreno and I think he knows too much about about football to do that. The law of averages suggests klopp thinks he could improve some of his players, he doesn't need to throw them under a bus because of it. 

There is plenty of time and I am sure we will make a few moves.

Klopp isn't going to criticise his bosses - who would do that? Everyone in the world knows Lovren isn't good enough, lets not try and get clever about it.  You don't have to blindly back everything we say and do.

FSG have been amazing for us, they have made mistakes and they have also been exceptionally lucky to land Klopp.  I don't want them out, but I do want them to re-invest.  Delivering the league after 30 years is a miracle and fair play to them for putting the framework in place.  However, a lot of what they have done is standard football club development - stadium, training ground, sporting director, decent manager etc.  We are absolutely huge globally, I don't think it takes a genius to tap into our commercial markets.

I am worried that we only buy when we sell.  I am not saying I want oil/oligarch money - just a decent amount to pad out the squad and improve the first team.  Our net spend is crazy and we clearly have the money.  Our rivals are also going to want to take us out.  We need to slightly tweak our style to ensure that teams don't work out a way to play against us.  We also need to challenge our top players and rest them too.

I am pretty much happy but would like them to deliver on transfers.  I think if we had spent a fraction more we would have another cl and potentially 1 or 2 more titles.   It may not have worked out but we were short in some games and were suffering from burn out in others in both title chases. 

Also, I am sick to death of seeing articles stating how we are so clever and can do it from within.  ; being told about planning permission or some random commercial deal the day after the transfer window shuts and being told that someone is like a new signing - we are not stupid.

I am eternally grateful, but lets be honest, they are businessmen who treat fans like shit and have certain parts of the media in their pocket.  If we get a few signings, I will take it all back but there is no harm in giving constructive criticism.  We have a chance to build a dynasty - we are lucky Chelsea and united have the managers they do.  Pep won't last too long.  I honestly think we have a clear run at the league if Pep goes, but we will need a few more signings.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I have no axe to grind over Lovren particularly. He is what he is . My beef is with not strengthening the squad . Werner seemed made for us and it’s hard to argue our current back up strikers are good enough. Not sure how you conflate that criticism with an attack on Klopp. He has my full support and admiration. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Twitter afire with rumours Wiji’s contract talks have stalled (not from any reliable source yet). If he is going to move it would explain the sudden increase in positive chatter surrounding Thiago.

Would make a lot of sense but I'd be gutted to lose Gini. For me he is the most tactically astute midfielder we have. 

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

Just about sums FSG up that they've even managed to ruin us being champions 

You've come out with some shite over the years in your various, bitter guises.  But this time you have outdone yourself.

I applaud your dedication to seeking the negative and being a twat about it.

Meanwhile absolutely fuck all has taken the gloss off being champions after a 30 year wait from my perspective.

Clart.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Would make a lot of sense but I'd be gutted to lose Gini. For me he is the most tactically astute midfielder we have. 

Yup losing gini and keeping shite like oxocube would make it a sudeways move at best and financially probably the only reason he will happen 

I'm getting concerned about FSG. Looks like we're not going after Thiago after all and didn't go for Werner because £50M was too much for us? Where has our money gone? Before the virus came along we made more money than at any time in our history. Looks like FSG are raking in our profits to spend on their other business ventures, such as that basketball team of theirs or whatever they are. If we go yet another summer without buying anyone it's clear FSG are just skimming off the top of our earnings and will be no better than any other yank owners, including the parasites they replaced as owners.

39 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'm getting concerned about FSG. Looks like we're not going after Thiago after all and didn't go for Werner because £50M was too much for us? Where has our money gone? Before the virus came along we made more money than at any time in our history. Looks like FSG are raking in our profits to spend on their other business ventures, such as that basketball team of theirs or whatever they are. If we go yet another summer without buying anyone it's clear FSG are just skimming off the top of our earnings and will be no better than any other yank owners, including the parasites they replaced as owners.

Agree with some of that, disagree with some of it, the end is just wrong. 

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

I dont think they've ever taken money out of the club like the Glazers do but what they are is ridiculously over cautious about spending anything and just keep it in the club. We always get told by the FSG propaganda merchants that the increase in revenue is going to benefit the club. 

There seems to be too many excuses to spend anything and our transfer budget for the last six years is wholly dependent on what player sales are made. 

I will be pissed off if any other clubs carry on as normal spending money, especially ones that have nowhere near the income we have. City will just spend what they usually spend. If clubs like Southampton, Arsenal, Palace and Brighton end up spending more than us then the fans have every right to worry and criticise them.

They aren't as bad as the two twats who owned us previously as they haven't put debt on the club in the way they did and weren't as disastrous at running a business as them. They were just managed all their businesses on brinkmanship and refinancing money.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They aren't as bad as the two twats who owned us previously 

And that’s why they get a (relatively) easy ride, look we can easily and justifiably claim to be in the top 5 biggest clubs on the globe, we are now in the ascendancy with a fucking genius for a manager, we have the opportunity to teabag the footballing world and we’re not going to take it, in fact we’re not even going to sign anybody because they cost a bit, y’know COVID an that.  Yes they could we worse but by Christ they could be a lot, lot better and I don’t think they are good enough for a club of our size.

• Upvote 2

This COVID excuse is going to be exposed for what it is at the end of the transfer window when other clubs are spending. 

Then they'll bring out the brand new Training ground needed paying for. The amount of money that the club has brought in thr past two years makes this excuse of COVID not wash at all, especially when we spent nothing last year. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

And that’s why they get a (relatively) easy ride, look we can easily and justifiably claim to be in the top 5 biggest clubs on the globe, we are now in the ascendancy with a fucking genius for a manager, we have the opportunity to teabag the footballing world and we’re not going to take it, in fact we’re not even going to sign anybody because they cost a bit, y’know COVID an that.  Yes they could we worse but by Christ they could be a lot, lot better.

The blind love for them on Twatter is ridiculous. They can't see why people want to take advantage of this situation and not wank over this league title like people did over Istanbul for years. 

16 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

This COVID excuse is going to be exposed for what it is at the end of the transfer window when other clubs are spending. 

Then they'll bring out the brand new Training ground needed paying for. The amount of money that the club has brought in thr past two years makes this excuse of COVID not wash at all, especially when we spent nothing last year. 

Be even more annoying if they get a sponsor like the Mancs and Everton do, on top of selling Melwood for £10m.