You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

20 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

50 mil incoming

159 mil outgoing last season

Is that right? Did they not sell hazard for about 100m? Can't remember who else the sold...in fact maybe side show bob was only last summer? 

5 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Agree with this. You see what happens when we have one or two injuries.

I think theres some truth to Thiago. Non of the spoilers have dismissed it as yet which is highly unusual. Also Pearce and Joyce started following him on twitter and he started following peter Moore.

Even the echo adjusted their stance from not interested to not interested at this time. To be honest, it feels more and more like we're waiting for a player to go to me. Judging on the comments coming out of Germany, there's no reason for a deal not to be done now, so if we're holding back it must be because we're waiting for a deal going out to complete - which perhaps needs the season to finish. 

It would genuinely surprise me us going for a player of that age who wasn't on a free. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Next year will be:

"FSG are keen for the new £50m academy in Kirkby to produce results and feel that any new additions to the squad should come from within the club"

What's wrong with that? And how come so many people want us to become like city and chelsea before them, when their owners just poured money into those clubs and went 'fucking cheats!'

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Next year will be - "With FSG still unable to find suitable investors there is now talk of a cut price sale of this once proud club."

No fucking chance. 

I don’t like these owners but no fucking way are they selling out on the cheap. 

How can anyone say they don't like these owners? It mystifies me.

I defy you to find 5 better-run clubs than Liverpool in all of world football. Bayern, maybe? The Red Bull franchise teams? Can't think of anyone else that's in our league.

Put it this way - which owners of another Premier League club would you rather have than ours? I find that most of the #FSGOUT crowd simply haven't thought through anything beyond "I want more money for Player X." There simply isn't an alternative out there that would be better, and most would be far worse.

• Upvote 9

Who are the FSG out crowd ? The only people posting FSG out are the people who are defending them saying they don't understand why people are calling for FSG out.

It is possible to not like the owners but know they are better than most out there. To repeat, again and again, it is possible to want a player brought in without saying spend trillions on everyone. 

People can work for a company/boss they don't like but the answer to their complaint should not be, be grateful you haven't got a worse boss or look at other companies and be grateful. 

Covid is a very genuine reason to be cautious and there is no problem. The problem is every transfer window they find a legitimate reason to be cautious, this is just the latest in a long list. It is a pattern and that is why I am sceptical. A one off fine but every window is a deliberate action.

I am not calling for FSG out but I am not on my knees thanking them thinking they can not do things differently or better.

Everything does not have to be an extreme;

Greatest/worse owners ever

Spend trillions/nothing

Never made a mistake/everything wrong

• Upvote 5

The only alternative is not just wanting Man City or Chelsea owners to the ones we have. I just want one of the biggest clubs in the world to not operate on a sell to buy policy. 

The owners can't have it both ways, constantly briefing the media that they have created record revenues, offloaded fringe players for decent money and bought bargains. Then they later brief the media saying they are skint. If it's a tactic to say we wont be taken for mugs then it's pretty boring as no other clubs seem to do it.

The owners roughly spend what was spent under David Moores and he sold the club because he wanted Liverpool to go to the next level money wise. We have been in the Champions League with access to more money the last 4 years, the excuse for not buying players and extending the ARE was because we had to be in that competition regularly. 

We then sack off two good chances of winning trophies because our squad is limited to a good core of 14. The club 

I want Liverpool to be competitive and not wait another 14 years for a European Cup or 30 years for a league title. I've seen us not take advantage of winning situations in 2001 and 2005 and I dont want it to happen again, especially as we've fought so hard and took advantage of rivals being in transition to get into the top 4 and establish ourselves there.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The only alternative is not just wanting Man City or Chelsea owners to the ones we have. I just want one of the biggest clubs in the world to not operate on a sell to buy policy. 

The owners can't have it both ways, constantly briefing the media that they have created record revenues, offloaded fringe players for decent money and bought bargains. Then they later brief the media saying they are skint. If it's a tactic to say we wont be taken for mugs then it's pretty boring as no other clubs seem to do it.

The owners roughly spend what was spent under David Moores and he sold the club because he wanted Liverpool to go to the next level money wise. We have been in the Champions League with access to more money the last 4 years, the excuse for not buying players and extending the ARE was because we had to be in that competition regularly. 

We then sack off two good chances of winning trophies because our squad is limited to a good core of 14. The club 

I want Liverpool to be competitive and not wait another 14 years for a European Cup or 30 years for a league title. I've seen us not take advantage of winning situations in 2001 and 2005 and I dont want it to happen again, especially as we've fought so hard and took advantage of rivals being in transition to get into the top 4 and establish ourselves there.

Yeah the usual spin. The pattern of excuses is why I can't bring myself to get onboard with them, they've had one for every window except for the ones we made a lot of sales in.

I saw they'd made some pretty hefty investments to the red sox recently, 140 million a piece for some rounders players?

And whats worse is they wheel Jurgen out to deliver the message. I don't believe for one second that jurgen would not like to buy a player.

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How can anyone say they don't like these owners? It mystifies me.

I defy you to find 5 better-run clubs than Liverpool in all of world football. Bayern, maybe? The Red Bull franchise teams? Can't think of anyone else that's in our league.

Put it this way - which owners of another Premier League club would you rather have than ours? I find that most of the #FSGOUT crowd simply haven't thought through anything beyond "I want more money for Player X." There simply isn't an alternative out there that would be better, and most would be far worse.

I don't like any owners. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Recent reports have Barcelona, Real, manchester united, chelsea amongst others, all who 'have to sell to buy.' Juve have gone with a model of snapping up players like Can and Ramsey on frees then moving them on for tens of millions, in Ramsey's case after one season.

This selling argument also ignore all the players who have left wanted to leave. Not coutinho and, not torres were sold to buy. They were sold because they both no longer wanted to play for the club. In the case of torres, his teammates claimed he hadnt been really trying for 18 months.

It is a fallacy to believe, especially in the era of £100m transfer fees and player wages of £250,000+ a week that clubs do not have to sell to buy. Clubs in Europe regularly did player swaps plus a fee even during the 90's.

As for comparing the current owners spending under Moores, yeah, the current owners have overseen the club spend its own money to improve the Main Stand, Training facility while bring in record signings like van Dijk and Allison plus spend sizable sums on Mane, Mo, Bobby, Ox. Unlike moores who oversaw Liverpool selling prized players below value, these owners whether people like it or not have made sure anyone wanting to leave Liverpool do it on the club's terms.

It's because the club now gets top money from sales that the net transfer amount is so small.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Who are the FSG out crowd ? The only people posting FSG out are the people who are defending them saying they don't understand why people are calling for FSG out.

It is possible to not like the owners but know they are better than most out there. To repeat, again and again, it is possible to want a player brought in without saying spend trillions on everyone. 

This. I said when they came in that I wouldn’t trust them or any other football club owner after H&G. Why would you? While their interests and ours are in accord, fine. When they’re not (see the ticket price walk outs) take action. That doesn’t mean they have to spend hundreds of millions, but we should look to make some improvements when opportunities become available at reasonable cost.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yeah the usual spin. The pattern of excuses is why I can't bring myself to get onboard with them, they've had one for every window except for the ones we made a lot of sales in.

I saw they'd made some pretty hefty investments to the red sox recently, 140 million a piece for some rounders players?

And whats worse is they wheel Jurgen out to deliver the message. I don't believe for one second that jurgen would not like to buy a player.

I think Jurgen is an adult who is exposed to and understands the wider financial context.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Recent reports have Barcelona, Real, manchester united, chelsea amongst others, all who 'have to sell to buy.' Juve have gone with a model of snapping up players like Can and Ramsey on frees then moving them on for tens of millions, in Ramsey's case after one season.

This selling argument also ignore all the players who have left wanted to leave. Not coutinho and, not torres were sold to buy. They were sold because they both no longer wanted to play for the club. In the case of torres, his teammates claimed he hadnt been really trying for 18 months.

It is a fallacy to believe, especially in the era of £100m transfer fees and player wages of £250,000+ a week that clubs do not have to sell to buy. Clubs in Europe regularly did player swaps plus a fee even during the 90's.

As for comparing the current owners spending under Moores, yeah, the current owners have overseen the club spend its own money to improve the Main Stand, Training facility while bring in record signings like van Dijk and Allison plus spend sizable sums on Mane, Mo, Bobby, Ox. Unlike moores who oversaw Liverpool selling prized players below value, these owners whether people like it or not have made sure anyone wanting to leave Liverpool do it on the club's terms.

It's because the club now gets top money from sales that the net transfer amount is so small.

Why do you always ignore the big sales we made? Is it because it doesn't fit your narrative? Whether they wanted to leave or not they were sold. Henry is on record for saying VVD and Alisson would not have been bought but for Coutinho leaving. 

You bang on about high fees, well it goes both ways because they bought suarez for 22 million and sold him for 80. They bought Coutinho for 8 million and sold him for 147!

Stop defending a bunch of US businessmen.

55 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Just to be clear, are you suggesting the owners have syphoned money out of Liverpool so the red socks can pay this £140m and that Jurgen is complicit in deceiving the fans?

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I think Jurgen is an employee who will have to do what is asked.

Jurgen can do what he wants - he's not going to starve if he objected so strongly to the way that the club is operating that he felt he had to leave.  

I just think that to look at this in simplistic terms is, well, simplistic.  The club finances involve rather more than buying and selling players.  Unless you're privy to the books, you're either speculating or you're taking the Ladybird approach to finances.  I certainly don't have any knowledge of the finances of the club, so while I'd love us to be spending on strengthening from a position of strength, Jurgen may understand why that may on balance not be desirable or even possible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Just to be clear, are you suggesting the owners have syphoned money out of Liverpool so the red socks can pay this £140m and that Jurgen is complicit in deceiving the fans?

Who knows? We are not privy to the details. What they probably do is rotate between the needs f the two teams. They recently signed a few players on whopping contracts.