You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im talking about getting rid of major players to fund decent buys.

Other than Coutinho (who was doing everything he could to be sold) and Suarez (see Coutinho), when did that last happen? 

I stand by everything I've said against the owners.

Nobody here thinks that Tito Vilanova, Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde are all phenomenal football managers.

Between them, they have 5 La Ligas and a champions league.

We all know that's bullshit. 

What they actually had, was Leo Messi and they were able to scratch trophies out of him.

We saw FSG's plan for this football club when they sacked Kenny and anointed Rodgers.

I'm not prepared to congratulate Boston hedge fund owners, because they were able to convince a once in a generation genius to try his luck with us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Other than Coutinho (who was doing everything he could to be sold) and Suarez (see Coutinho), when did that last happen? 

Who've we bought since?

The poster has said that we sell to buy, not that we only sell.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Can someone explain to me what is so bad about selling to buy? That's what 99% of football clubs need to do to run efficiently and to stay within financial guidelines. It's not a bad thing to strategically sell players to fund transfers or to sell good players once they feel like they don't want to be at the club anymore. 

99% of football clubs aren't successful or don't expect to be.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Who've we bought since?

Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri.

Although Keita was lined up in the Coutinho sale window so you might not want to count him.

You can count Minamino if you like as well I suppose, but he was only cheap.

On 04/07/2020 at 12:33, AngryofTuebrook said:

"FSG out" reminds me of "Rafa out". You need to think carefully about who you want to come in as a replacement. 

The club is successful, well run and financially sound and there's a clear intention of wanting to keep the fans happy. I don't really want much more from the owners. 

Spot on. 

Just now, Jose Jones said:

Although Keita was lined up in the Coutinho sale window so you might not want to count him.

Exactly, so we sold Coutinho which funded thoses purchases the following summer (though Keita was done the summer before, still no problem with him being included).

We buy, I don't think anyone denying that, bit it would be nice not to have to sell one of our best players to pay for it.

51 minutes ago, Moo said:

Exactly, so we sold Coutinho which funded thoses purchases the following summer (though Keita was done the summer before, still no problem with him being included).

We buy, I don't think anyone denying that, bit it would be nice not to have to sell one of our best players to pay for it.

No mate, the Coutinho year we bought Ox and Virgil too. Coutinho maybe covered Virgil and Alisson. The rest all cost £150 mill odd between them.

50 minutes ago, Moo said:

With Coutinho they took advantage of the fact that he was determined to go.  Rightly so, they got top dollar for him.

It seems to be something that some still cannot grasp, Suarez and Coutinho were absolutely hell bent on leaving Liverpool to go to Barcelona.  The club didn't force them out and did everything they could to persuade them to stay.  Once that fails, you are obliged to screw the buyer for everything you can get and re-invest it wisely.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

With Coutinho they took advantage of the fact that he was determined to go.  Rightly so, they got top dollar for him.

It seems to be something that some still cannot grasp, Suarez and Coutinho were absolutely hell bent on leaving Liverpool to go to Barcelona.  The club didn't force them out and did everything they could to persuade them to stay.  Once that fails, you are obliged to screw the buyer for everything you can get and re-invest it wisely.

Suarez was understandable given him being a native Spanish speaker,family in Spain and having an L plates manager in charge,Coutinho was pure greed especially given he was a regular in a team managed by the best manager on the planet.

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Who've we bought since?

Fabinho, Shaqiri, Robertson, Keita, Minamino. Harvey Elliott, Hoever. 

Anyone who says we sold Ibe, Smith and Solanke to fund transfers is getting negged. They were shit. 

Danny Ings was IMO an error but an understandable one. 

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I stand by everything I've said against the owners.

Nobody here thinks that Tito Vilanova, Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde are all phenomenal football managers.

Between them, they have 5 La Ligas and a champions league.

We all know that's bullshit. 

What they actually had, was Leo Messi and they were able to scratch trophies out of him.

We saw FSG's plan for this football club when they sacked Kenny and anointed Rodgers.

I'm not prepared to congratulate Boston hedge fund owners, because they were able to convince a once in a generation genius to try his luck with us.

FSG's 'plan' when they sacked the King was to bring Jurgen in then. You know, the same Jurgen we have now. He said no.

I love Kenny and the man can do no wrong in my opinion. No way I wanted him sacked. We'd bought the likes of Downing, Carroll and Suarez off the top of my head with some of the Torres money. Apart from Suarez, the others were meh at best.

Even keegan sold cole to united to strengthen his team and got shit on the steps of St James.

3 hours ago, Moo said:

Who've we bought since?

The 'big' players I remember selling include Mascherano, Owen, Rush, Torres, Reina, Suarez, Coutinho. Obviously all not under these owners. All except Reina wanted out. They wanted out in the main because they wanted to move to perceived, more successful, bigger clubs.

We all worshipped Suarez but he wanted to move to arsenal for fuck's sake, fucking arsenal!

Seriously what other players have FSG sold purely to fund buying another?

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Only at Liverpool would you have fans kicking off about owners selling players who wanted to leave and bringing in those you mention. I could understand them kicking off if the coutinho money had been used to bring in utter shite like Downing or taken out of the club like the glazers do.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fair enough. But in addition to the master stroke of Ljinders, they did really well to bring Edwards and even Klopp in too. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Fair enough. But in addition to the master stroke of Ljinders, they did really well to bring Edwards and even Klopp in too. 

They learnt well from their early mistakes. It seems they have separated the business and the football sides enough for both not to get to bogged down in each other's businesses. A fatal mistake of a previous regime.

Anyone else think Jurgen's response about Thiago sounds like he might be coming? He laughed and said he won't talk about it. Kind of feel that if it was a load of shite, he'd probably say that. Unless he is happy to feign interest so the Mancs are taxed an extra 15 million.

Seen the bloke a few times and stood out as world class. Never really thought about him though until a few days ago and now I can't wait to see the fucker in a red jersey. 

The current owners are brilliant. They are shrewd bastards who won't put us in the shit by stretching themselves. Yeah if *when* the other big clubs sign a few world class players this summer I will be a little concerned but I feel between them and Jurgen, there is a proper plan for the long term.

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Lallana, Lovren and Shaqiri will all go.

Both Grujic and Wilson only have a year left on their contracts I think. Should be sold.

None of those three will be missed the first two I’ll be glad to see the back of.

Wilson and Grujic both signed contracts before going out on loan at the start of the season they won’t have signed two year contracts.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If we’re not buying then we should be keeping what we have with the odd exception.

Agree with this. You see what happens when we have one or two injuries.

I think theres some truth to Thiago. Non of the spoilers have dismissed it as yet which is highly unusual. Also Pearce and Joyce started following him on twitter and he started following peter Moore.

So, what have they got planned for the PL trophy presentation?  I know it's not all on them but under the circumstances this team and Klopp deserve the boat pushing out and that should start at the top.