You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Can't believe some want the owners out. Without them we'd be hopefully finishing in the top four. Instead we have battered every single team in the league and Europe for 2 seasons and are premier league champions, European champions, World club champions and super cup. Wake up you fuckers it doesn't get any better than this. 

FB479785-C08A-4451-BBA2-BFC642F47BA3.thumb.jpeg.e5fbb146e431f2bb22a759661f205aef.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Butch said:

Can't believe some want the owners out. Without them we'd be hopefully finishing in the top four. Instead we have battered every single team in the league and Europe for 2 seasons and are premier league champions, European champions, World club champions and super cup. Wake up you fuckers it doesn't get any better than this. 

FB479785-C08A-4451-BBA2-BFC642F47BA3.thumb.jpeg.e5fbb146e431f2bb22a759661f205aef.jpeg.jpg

BiG nAmE sIgNiNgS 

20 minutes ago, Butch said:

I don’t want the owners out. However, we won the Champions League last season, so picturing it along side trophies that we’ve won this season doesn’t seem quite right. It can get better than this. We can win the Premier League again. We can win the Champions League again and retain it the following season.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t want the owners out. However, we won the Champions League last season, so picturing it along side trophies that we’ve won this season doesn’t seem quite right. It can get better than this. We can win the Premier League again. We can win the Champions League again and retain it the following season.

Blimey, you don't ask for much. Would you like to see the return of Ceefax next season too? 

Their ownership has brought a lot of positives to the club. We have a successful team again. We've seen progress with the stadium and the training facilities. We have a stability that simply wasn't there under the previous ownership. Are all of these progressing as quickly as we would like? Of course not.

A lot of fans complain that the owners don't invest enough in the team. We have a low net spend compared to teams challenging for the same honours. We keep hearing that we might not sign any new players. Of course that sounds worrying. I get the idea that standing still means you go backwards. I get the worries that we are still short of alternatives in key positions.

What I don't get - and can't understand - are those people who are accusing them of taking money out of the club. There is no financial chicanery going on. Especially not on the type some are suggesting, which requires a leap in logic that would be the envy of David Icke or that catshitinmyeye blert over at GOT. If some random cunt on Twitter suggests it, treat it as bollocks. Random cunts on Twitter exclusively talk bollocks.

Where I have a worry is when I look at the development of the Red Sox after they won the World Series. They've won it 4 times in the 18 years they've been owned by Henry and co, which is the best record in MLB. However, those wins have been spaced out, with no years where the team got to the World Series only to lose. Some of those winning years have fallen in between years where the Red Sox posted some of their worst seasons. They haven't been able to build on success consistently.

There's a lot of boom and bust. Boom and bust works well in the closed shop of MLB where they have salary caps, luxury taxes for breaching salary caps, and first pick in the drafts for the lowest placed teams. It gives every team a chance to pick things up and get better. The bigger teams with the most money (like the Red Sox) can do this much quicker. This system doesn't apply in football though, where you need to keep the boom years up or else you can fall away and really struggled to make your way back.

I don't think anyone at the club has suggested the current squad can't get better therefore doesn't need investing in, but at the same time you cannot assume that the squad will not plateau or begin to fall away. There's always a chance that players can lose motivation or begin to develop fitness issues when previously neither was a concern.

I guess what I'm saying is that owners need to recognise that there are pitfalls even when things are going well, and that what works now might not be effective even 6 months down the line.

• Upvote 1

"FSG out" reminds me of "Rafa out". You need to think carefully about who you want to come in as a replacement. 

The club is successful, well run and financially sound and there's a clear intention of wanting to keep the fans happy. I don't really want much more from the owners. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"FSG out" reminds me of "Rafa out". You need to think carefully about who you want to come in as a replacement. 

The club is successful, well run and financially sound and there's a clear intention of wanting to keep the fans happy. I don't really want much more from the owners. 

Yep. A few extra quid for a couple of big signings and I’m pretty happy. 

Is any one actually saying fsg out? They're a bunch of cunts who's interest is money not football, but I can't recall one post on here that's said "fsg out". In fact I don't understand what "fsg out" even means, I've never understood why some football fans think they can get the owners sacked, that in itself is fucking nonsense. They're owners, not on the payroll. If anyone wants the owners out, they need to find some new ones. The only reason we have these current owners is because RBS decided it was best for their reputation and the debt h&g had piled on effectively made RBS owners and RBS didn't want to own a football club. 

As for this utter shit "look at what they've won us", by either design or good fortune they got they got klopp - so credit for that. But those trophies belong to the brilliance of klopp (and his team). If we had any other manager in charge we wouldn't have won those trophies. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Is any one actually saying fsg out? They're a bunch of cunts who's interest is money not football, but I can't recall one post on here that's said "fsg out". In fact I don't understand what "fsg out" even means, I've never understood why some football fans think they can get the owners sacked, that in itself is fucking nonsense. They're owners, not on the payroll. If anyone wants the owners out, they need to find some new ones. The only reason we have these current owners is because RBS decided it was best for their reputation and the debt h&g had piled on effectively made RBS owners and RBS didn't want to own a football club. 

As for this utter shit "look at what they've won us", by either design or good fortune they got they got klopp - so credit for that. But those trophies belong to the brilliance of klopp (and his team). If we had any other manager in charge we wouldn't have won those trophies. 

Come on. The people on here who want FSG out are clever enough in the main not to actually post 'FSG out' especially when we've just won our first title in 30 years. Go elsewhere and you will see that.

Look, despite what people may think, Im not on FSG's payroll (wish I was, Id be quids in!). Are they a bunch of cunts who are just interested in money and not football? That argument falls down when you look at the club's value now to when they bought it. Whichever way you look at it that's over a $1billion profit. I think any cunt only in it for the money would take that and run especially when you consider the money city can throw around, Abramovich has and what the glazers could.

Bottom line is they have a different way of doing it. Im more than happy we arent FSG's or rather John Henry's play thing like city, chelsea and PSG are to their respective owners. Self sufficiency is the way forward.

Have they made mistakes? Sure, loads. But the thing is they have corrected them. yep, they appointed Jurgen. They wanted him before Rodgers. Do they get the kudos for that? I dont know, does John Smith for appointing Bob, Joe and Kenny? I dont know.

But like I said before, what might have been if FSG's low ball offer had been rejected, we could be basking in the glorious ownership of Peter Lim, stripped by Gillet's hedge fund bankers, still bumbling around 5th or 6th with a David Moores clone, have been in administration and fighting our way out of the Championship or any other scenario you care to think of.

Each to their own.

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Come on. The people on here who want FSG out are clever enough in the main not to actually post 'FSG out' especially when we've just won our first title in 30 years. Go elsewhere and you will see that.

Look, despite what people may think, Im not on FSG's payroll (wish I was, Id be quids in!). Are they a bunch of cunts who are just interested in money and not football? That argument falls down when you look at the club's value now to when they bought it. Whichever way you look at it that's over a $1billion profit. I think any cunt only in it for the money would take that and run especially when you consider the money city can throw around, Abramovich has and what the glazers could.

Bottom line is they have a different way of doing it. Im more than happy we arent FSG's or rather John Henry's play thing like city, chelsea and PSG are to their respective owners. Self sufficiency is the way forward.

Have they made mistakes? Sure, loads. But the thing is they have corrected them. yep, they appointed Jurgen. They wanted him before Rodgers. Do they get the kudos for that? I dont know, does John Smith for appointing Bob, Joe and Kenny? I dont know.

But like I said before, what might have been if FSG's low ball offer had been rejected, we could be basking in the glorious ownership of Peter Lim, stripped by Gillet's hedge fund bankers, still bumbling around 5th or 6th with a David Moores clone, have been in administration and fighting our way out of the Championship or any other scenario you care to think of.

Each to their own.

Seconded