You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 23/06/2020 at 23:20, Scooby Dudek said:

Tough crowd indeed. 

Again it is possible to enjoy being European, World and soon Premier league champions and say we have needed a back up LB for two years, they are not mutually exclusive. 

It is also possible to say, I want a back up LB without implying we need to Spend like Man City and Chelsea. 

This is a thread about FSG and our opinions of them, I consider them to be good owners and they have certainly grown on me over the years. They are shrewd businessmen, their priority is to make a return on their investment. I understand and accept that. I can also disagree with certain ways they go about achieving that aim. 

we Fucked it for  in 2005 when we could have moved on so far.

They have turned this club around

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Of course getting him to come here and working with him extremely well has zero impact. 

They let him do his job which is par. Most businesses have star performers who can steer a business from bad to good,  people who punch above their weight and are exceptional and driven and deliver, time and time again. It happens in every walk of life.

Everyone knew how good Jurgen was before he came here, you didn't need inner wisdom. Its not like they unearthed a gem.

But i'll ask you, without Jurgen would we be European and Premier League Champions? Would Andy Robertson be one of the best left backs in world football? Henderson, a multi winning captain and leader on the field? He is unique. He is a tour de force. He's one of the special few that can instill an ethos and attitude, not just with the team, but from the crowd to the dinner ladies at the training ground. He's a master of psychology.

Ever seen those Academy videos and new season videos where they are back in training? How everyone treats each other, no matter who you are within the club? Thats Jurgen's influence. Thats not FSG's influence. FSG don't psychologically imprint an ethos on this Club, their business is to make money and strike deals, the hard work on the field, which is the core existence of the Club comes from elsewhere.

So no, i won't subscribe to them in any way shape or form. We will get a big signing next summer, but thats once Mane or Salah is moved on. JK will never speak out against the owners and why should he? its not his place to do so, he is an employee that gets paid to deliver.

But that doesn't make FSG great owners. As I've said it will be interesting if they stick around after he is gone so we can see if they can sustain the success on a budget the size of Bournemouths.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Numero said:

Anybody who doesn’t recognise their positive impact on the club is a blithering moron; anybody who doesn’t recognise that they’ve made mistakes, have flaws, or attribute it to some sort of benevolence are wilfully ignorant. 

They don't have to be mutually exclusive. I've never once said they are shit businessmen. They are obviously savvy and have a great track record running businesses. I don't have to like them and I can still call them tight bastards though.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They let him do his job which is par. Most businesses have star performers who can steer a business from bad to good,  people who punch above their weight and are exceptional and driven and deliver, time and time again. It happens in every walk of life.

Everyone knew how good Jurgen was before he came here, you didn't need inner wisdom. Its not like they unearthed a gem.

But i'll ask you, without Jurgen would we be European and Premier League Champions? Would Andy Robertson be one of the best left backs in world football? Henderson, a multi winning captain and leader on the field? He is unique. He is a tour de force. He's one of the special few that can instill an ethos and attitude, not just with the team, but from the crowd to the dinner ladies at the training ground. He's a master of psychology.

Ever seen those Academy videos and new season videos where they are back in training? How everyone treats each other, no matter who you are within the club? Thats Jurgen's influence. Thats not FSG's influence. FSG don't psychologically imprint an ethos on this Club, their business is to make money and strike deals, the hard work on the field, which is the core existence of the Club comes from elsewhere.

So no, i won't subscribe to them in any way shape or form. We will get a big signing next summer, but thats once Mane or Salah is moved on. JK will never speak out against the owners and why should he? its not his place to do so, he is an employee that gets paid to deliver.

But that doesn't make FSG great owners. As I've said it will be interesting if they stick around after he is gone so we can see if they can sustain the success on a budget the size of Bournemouths.

Ok. 

What if we had Klopp as manager, but we still had Hicks and Gillette as owners? You reckon we'd be where we are now? 

What could have been if FSG's low ball bid had been rejected, eh?

The daughter of controversial Valencia owner Peter Lim has launched an extraordinary attack on the club's fans, claiming her family 'can do anything we want' with the Spanish side.

The Singaporean billionaire owner has been the target of criticism in recent months, with fans slamming his perceived chaotic handling of the club.

And now Instagram influencer Kim Lim has had enough as she hit back at the club's supporters on social media on Thursday.

'Here again. Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,' Kim posted on Instagram, in a post which was later deleted. 'Don't they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it and no one can say anything.' 

Following a disastrous run of form, which has seen the team win just two games out of 15, Valencia find themselves in 10th and are well adrift of the Champions League places.

On Monday, the club decided to sack manager Albert Celades before replacing him with long-standing club servant Voro until the end of the season.

Sporting director Cesar Sanchez then announced his resignation shortly after Celades was dismissed, deepening the institutional crisis at one of Spain's most prestigious clubs. 

The daughter of controversial Valencia owner Peter Lim has launched an extraordinary attack on the club's fans, claiming her family 'can do anything we want' with the Spanish side.

The Singaporean billionaire owner has been the target of criticism in recent months, with fans slamming his perceived chaotic handling of the club.

And now Instagram influencer Kim Lim has had enough as she hit back at the club's supporters on social media on Thursday.

Kim Lim, the daughter of Valencia owner Peter Lim, has hit out at the club's fans over growing criticism her father has faced in recent months

+4
  •  

Kim Lim, the daughter of Valencia owner Peter Lim, has hit out at the club's fans over growing criticism her father has faced in recent months

Valencia fans have criticised Lim's (pictured with wife Cherie) ownership of the Spanish club

'Here again. Some Valencia CF fans are scolding and cursing at my family and I,' Kim posted on Instagram, in a post which was later deleted. 'Don't they get it? The club is ours and we can do anything we want with it and no one can say anything.' 

Following a disastrous run of form, which has seen the team win just two games out of 15, Valencia find themselves in 10th and are well adrift of the Champions League places.

On Monday, the club decided to sack manager Albert Celades before replacing him with long-standing club servant Voro until the end of the season.

Sporting director Cesar Sanchez then announced his resignation shortly after Celades was dismissed, deepening the institutional crisis at one of Spain's most prestigious clubs. 

In a now-deleted post, Kim said her family could 'do anything they wanted' with the club

In a now-deleted post, Kim said her family could 'do anything they wanted' with the club

Valencia boss Albert Celades was sacked on Monday after a string of bad results

Valencia boss Albert Celades was sacked on Monday after a string of bad results

Celades is the sixth manager Valencia have sacked since the club was bought by Lim in 2014 while Sanchez, who was appointed in January, is the sixth sporting director to have left the role in the same period. 

Fans have long been at odds with Lim and the Valencia board after they sacked Marcelino Garcia Toral earlier in the campaign.

Marcelino, who guided the club to successive top-four finishes in LaLiga and won last season's Copa del Rey title, fell out with the club's heirarchy which led to his sacking.

With this, veteran defender Ezequiel Garay was also allowed to leave at the end of his contract, enraging fans further, with contradictory claims made by the club and player over whether he had been offered a new deal to stay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8484099/Peter-Lims-daughter-Kim-hits-furious-Valencia-fans-criticised-controversial-owner.html