You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Everybody is a buy to sell club,apart from those run by governments and criminals. We are run by shrewd businessmen who are what they are.

Yes but not every club pretends they aren't. It is the PR that irritates me more than anything. 

When they put the staff on furlough I was not outraged as I was not surprised, they are shrewd businessmen, it is the same in relation to spending.  I am not outraged but not surprised. I am however, frustrated.

I honestly believe Jurgen is waiting for Jones and Elliott to develop so doesnt want to sign players to stunt their growth. Werner would have been the other player in that trident. 

Our problem in waiting for these boys to develop is going to be when one of our front three get a longer term injury, as 2 of them are reliant on pace, the older they get the more injuries they will pick up. 

Boosted our transfer coffers (don't laugh at the back) with a new sponsorship deal, this time with Quorn.

Reds team up with Quorn on food sustainability

Going big on sustainable and ethical-sourced products, what with this and the recent Chaokoh link-up. That Chaokoh advert (and the blooper reel) is the funniest advert this year by the way. Robbo, Big Bird and Bobby bossing it.

5 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

I honestly believe Jurgen is waiting for Jones and Elliott to develop so doesnt want to sign players to stunt their growth. Werner would have been the other player in that trident. 

Our problem in waiting for these boys to develop is going to be when one of our front three get a longer term injury, as 2 of them are reliant on pace, the older they get the more injuries they will pick up. 

There’s no way Elliot in particular should be influencing our transfer decisions yet. I’d actually say the same for Jones as although he’s a little older he’s not any more experienced and while both could go on to be stars of the first team, both could also quite easily not make it here still, too.

maybe 2 years down the line those two lads are a reason we don’t need to buy a player or two, but not now. At least they shouldn’t be.

Shaq will be moving on, as is Lallana. Both need replacing with upgrades. Maybe not of the quality of our starters as that’s not easy to find and very expensive, but upgrades closer to their levels.

as for a left back, it simply has to be a priority. 

i think we can afford to let right back rest with a combo of Williams, Gomez, Milner, Fabinho and Henderson. 

But left back is nowhere near as easy to cover as proven on Sunday. We need to buy a solid cover player for that position.

if we don’t, it’s neglectful.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

They are being dishonest by constantly making out we are not a sell to buy club when we clearly are. 

And that's a crime worth taking the shine off being World, European and English champions ?

Tough crowd. 

Putting it into perspective, I shudder to think where we would be compared to the heights we've hit if they hadn't stepped in when they did.  But I guess there's just no pleasing some folks.  I never could grasp the "look for the black cloud and fuck the silver lining" attitude myself, but whatever floats your boat.

19 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

And that's a crime worth taking the shine off being World, European and English champions ?

Tough crowd. 

Putting it into perspective, I shudder to think where we would be compared to the heights we've hit if they hadn't stepped in when they did.  But I guess there's just no pleasing some folks.  I never could grasp the "look for the black cloud and fuck the silver lining" attitude myself, but whatever floats your boat.

Spot on. For years and years you had Liverpool fans saying they didnt want the club to be run likechelsea under Ambramovich. Same when mansour rocked up and spend a sizeable portion of his country's GDP starting the city 'group' of football clubs and mainly into manchester city.

FSG turned the club around, we became European and World Champions plus the holy grail is within grasp for the first time in 30 years. Suddenly it's why dont the owners spend shitloads of money buying players.

As you say, tough crowd!

Tough crowd indeed. 

Again it is possible to enjoy being European, World and soon Premier league champions and say we have needed a back up LB for two years, they are not mutually exclusive. 

It is also possible to say, I want a back up LB without implying we need to Spend like Man City and Chelsea. 

This is a thread about FSG and our opinions of them, I consider them to be good owners and they have certainly grown on me over the years. They are shrewd businessmen, their priority is to make a return on their investment. I understand and accept that. I can also disagree with certain ways they go about achieving that aim. 

• Upvote 2