You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Matip 

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

maybe Hoever

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Lovren just needs to go. 

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fabinho can play there

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'd be happy for a Ragnar Klavan 

Liverpool have made a £54m bid for Napoli and Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

Wrong thread but fuck it, Matip is a pussy*. He's the softest centre back ever to win the European cup and premier league in consecutive seasons.

* will be embarrassed to find out he's snapped his Achilles when I assumed he went off with a bruised toe.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Alaba would be good as he can cover LB, CB and midfield. Would want top wages and probably a guarantee that he would start most games though.

Think he has said he does not want to continue playing at LB - Bayern have told him he will be at CB or in the midfield to keep him.

8 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

I completely understand no incomings this year, however, I think we should have bought a bit of back up in the last couple of windows.

I think we will win it next year and I think the owners are gambling on that.

However, surely Nike are going to deliver someone with their new kit launch?

Don't see why Nike would do that. Maybe they'd be tempted of the deal costs them a lot upfront, but in terms of modern deals it's a pretty risk free investment for them as the deal is heavily incentivised 

I know we're not supposed to talk about winning the title until we win it - but, beyond that, I think we need to prepare ourselves for the fact that it likely won't happen again next season... looking at the way City have opened up after the break - and their squad, and their potentially not being in the CL - and our questionable strength in depth (eg. beyond our front 3).

Now, whether it will be fair to point to a lack of investment last summer and last January, I guess we'll see... but whatever our squad "issues" are (cover for the front 3, cover for the full-backs etc), they're issues that have been around for a couple of seasons now.

Still, when you're 20 points clear on top, it's not the time to complain.

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Not a complaint as such but we will hopefully be in a unique position of being national, European and world champions soon. We need to strengthen from a position of strength and I think it will be wrong to not do so

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skaro said:

I know we're not supposed to talk about winning the title until we win it - but, beyond that, I think we need to prepare ourselves for the fact that it likely won't happen again next season... looking at the way City have opened up after the break - and their squad, and their potentially not being in the CL - and our questionable strength in depth (eg. beyond our front 3).

Now, whether it will be fair to point to a lack of investment last summer and last January, I guess we'll see... but whatever our squad "issues" are (cover for the front 3, cover for the full-backs etc), they're issues that have been around for a couple of seasons now.

It's exactly the time to complain.  If you wait until results aren't so good then you'll only be accused by FSG apologists of waiting until results aren't so good and that you wouldn't be complaining if we were top of the league etc. 

They are tight bastards who sell to buy whether we are 1st or 5th.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's exactly the time to complain.  If you wait until results aren't so good then you'll only be accused by FSG apologists of waiting until results aren't so good and that you wouldn't be complaining if we were top of the league etc. 

So if you're complaining while we're European, World and almost English champions, when do you stop complaining ?

I understand people's concerns, but I don't get bitching and moaning about stuff that has yet to happen, and possibly won't.

Would some be happier if we were mid table and spunking money left right and centre, a bit like our beloved Bloo neighbours ?  It's hard to believe after the trauma this club has been through in the last 10 years or so that people prefer to find something to whine about rather than appreciate where we are now.  And that doesn't mean that I expect the club to rest on its laurels either.

As has been said the issue is the lack of cover we have had been known about for a few years, there has been time to correct the issues but they haven chosen not to. 

They are a sell to buy ownership, always have been and always will be. There is nothing wrong with that but it is their lack of honesty on the issue that grates me.

4 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

So if you're complaining while we're European, World and almost English champions, when do you stop complaining ?

I understand people's concerns, but I don't get bitching and moaning about stuff that has yet to happen, and possibly won't.

Would some be happier if we were mid table and spunking money left right and centre, a bit like our beloved Bloo neighbours ?  It's hard to believe after the trauma this club has been through in the last 10 years or so that people prefer to find something to whine about rather than appreciate where we are now.  And that doesn't mean that I expect the club to rest on its laurels either.

It has happened already, last year.  And I do expect the club to rest on it's laurels, or sell to buy, so why shouldn't I express concerns about that? If we do rest on our laurels this summer window (whenever that may be) and we're top again in December with a 10 point lead would it still be wrong to complain there was little to no investment just because we're top? 

And you do know it's possible to be thrilled with how things are going on the pitch and thrilled with Klopp and the players while still questioning FSG? 

31 minutes ago, Moo said:

I know.

I explained in my post that the issues we have with the squad have been issues for the better part of two seasons now.

I just thought I'd at least wait until the minute we won the League before I officially started complaining.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

It has happened already, last year.  And I do expect the club to rest on it's laurels, or sell to buy, so why shouldn't I express concerns about that? If we do rest on our laurels this summer window (whenever that may be) and we're top again in December with a 10 point lead would it still be wrong to complain there was little to no investment just because we're top? 

And you do know it's possible to be thrilled with how things are going on the pitch and thrilled with Klopp and the players while still questioning FSG? 

Looking at that bit in bold, I sincerely doubt Klopp would be on board with that.

Considering the stuff that's going on with Melwood, the proposed stadium work etc, I can't see how that's classed as resting on their laurels.

9 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

As has been said the issue is the lack of cover we have had been known about for a few years, there has been time to correct the issues but they haven chosen not to. 

They are a sell to buy ownership, always have been and always will be. There is nothing wrong with that but it is their lack of honesty on the issue that grates me.

I'm not entirely sure how they've been dishonest, or why if it's a successful tact that other clubs now wish to emulate that it's a big issue.  It's obviously getting results too.

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Looking at that bit in bold, I sincerely doubt Klopp would be on board with that.

Considering the stuff that's going on with Melwood, the proposed stadium work etc, I can't see how that's classed as resting on their laurels.

I agree,and thought your post condemning the moaners was on the money, but those renovations couldn't happen without the on field success we are having and as a business it's prudent to make sure that the key area of the first team is prioritised I think.

5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I'm not entirely sure how they've been dishonest, or why if it's a successful tact that other clubs now wish to emulate that it's a big issue.  It's obviously getting results too.

They are being dishonest by constantly making out we are not a sell to buy club when we clearly are.