You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Watford are set to become the third Premier League club to agree wage deferrals with their first team squad.

Earlier this month, Southampton and West Ham confirmed their players would defer part of their salaries because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Arsenal players are set to take a 12.5% pay cut while Chelsea's will reportedly agree to a 10% decrease in salary.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Watford are set to become the third Premier League club to agree wage deferrals with their first team squad.

Earlier this month, Southampton and West Ham confirmed their players would defer part of their salaries because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Arsenal players are set to take a 12.5% pay cut while Chelsea's will reportedly agree to a 10% decrease in salary.

Doesn't this just expose how badly clubs are run if they cant pay their playing staff during a crisis? Or at the very least how much of their turnover is going back out as wages? 

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Doesn't this just expose how badly clubs are run if they cant pay their playing staff during a crisis? Or at the very least how much of their turnover is going back out as wages? 

I am not sure it is a sign they can't - except for Arsenal - they can't.

Three of those clubs were deferring payments, not wage cuts, so that would certainly seem to be cashflow.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Looking forward to some outstanding financial breakdowns and hilarious comments on John & Linda’s latest yacht. 

Yeah. We could always hope the Newcastle deal falls through and we can get that murderous Saudi 'cut up a dissident' regime to buy us and splash the cash instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Buy a fucking back up left back you stingy fucking cunts.

I've now watched a 33/34 year old midfielder who is accruing cards at a rate of knots and starting to pick up injuries for 2 years in one of the most physically demanding important roles in our side without an immediate replacement coming from our academy set-up, any time our first choice full back is out. 

Maybe it's pent up anger with work and everything else, but if I have to listen to another journalist witter on how brilliant FSG are when we ditch the domestic cups every year and constantly arrive at injury crises in select positions, I'll...    do nothing as that is the nature of modern life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

While I'm at it, which genius though buying a lad with the physical presence of a origami representation of a 14 year old boy for probably the most athletic/attritional league in the world was a good idea? At the same time as eschewing a sure fire bet in the form of Timo Werner. 

Granted there is a substantial price differential, but still this decision felt daft unless the idea explicitly was to take a punt on Miniamino knowing that the losses would be minimal with a potential to turn a profit.

We will be top four next year with no investment, there i said it.

The lack of options when our first picks are out are criminal. We are overstocked in the middle for 3 places, have no cover wide and no attacking fullback cover of the required standard.

All Everton had to do yesterday was keep narrow and keep their shape. Jurgen got another load of work to do in figuring out how we go forward next season.

We also need to bin off Lovren, Adrian, Wilson, Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana and possibly Matip, who is a decent defender but can't stay on the pitch for more than 60 minutes.

I completely understand no incomings this year, however, I think we should have bought a bit of back up in the last couple of windows.

I think we will win it next year and I think the owners are gambling on that.

However, surely Nike are going to deliver someone with their new kit launch?

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We will be top four next year with no investment, there i said it.

The lack of options when our first picks are out are criminal. We are overstocked in the middle for 3 places, have no cover wide and no attacking fullback cover of the required standard.

All Everton had to do yesterday was keep narrow and keep their shape. Jurgen got another load of work to do in figuring out how we go forward next season.

We also need to bin off Lovren, Adrian, Wilson, Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana and possibly Matip, who is a decent defender but can't stay on the pitch for more than 60 minutes.

Matip is an excellent player and binning off a free transfer of his quality would be ridiculously stupid. If he were to take Lovren's stand in role next season I would be delighted. In fact,if Klopp had played Matip instead of Lovren at Watford I am confident we'd still be unbeaten.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Matip is an excellent player and binning off a free transfer of his quality would be ridiculously stupid. If he were to take Lovren's stand in role next season I would be delighted. In fact,if Klopp had played Matip instead of Lovren at Watford I am confident we'd still be unbeaten.

I like Matip, no question, he's good on the ball, calm and doesn't dive in. But he's always bloody injured. I suppose as fourth pick and maybe Hoever coming in? We have some talented youngsters I'm just not sure how ready they are for a full premiership

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Lovren just needs to go. He creates panic all the time and is on 100 grand a week. He needs to be sold, we will probably get next to fuck all for him but he should have been sold last year. Hoever can take his place. I'm not convinced about Van Den Berg yet. 

Yup. They didn't get anywhere near our box until he came on.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Lovren just needs to go. He creates panic all the time and is on 100 grand a week. He needs to be sold, we will probably get next to fuck all for him but he should have been sold last year. Hoever can take his place. I'm not convinced about Van Den Berg yet. 

The youngsters aren’t ready, Fabinho can play there but we should not have to do that. Bring in another defender. 10,9,8,7........

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Joe Gomez is VVDs regular partner and Matip stand in. Promoting Hoever would be a good move and I'm sure we could get somebody at least as good as Lovren on what he will save us when gone. Back up keeper is a bit of a worry though.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Back up keeper is a bit of a worry though.

That will always be the case, as long as the first choice keeper is the best in the world.  Anyone coming in knows that they won't be challenging for a starting spot, so that sort of rules out a lot of good keepers.

I'd be happy for a Ragnar Klavan type signing to replace Lovren: a reliable and experienced pro, coming in for free or a modest fee (and on a fraction of Degsy's wages), to keep the fourth-choice CB shirt warm for a couple of years until the younger lads are ready.

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'd be happy for a Ragnar Klavan type signing to replace Lovren: a reliable and experienced pro, coming in for free or a modest fee (and on a fraction of Degsy's wages), to keep the fourth-choice CB shirt warm for a couple of years until the younger lads are ready.

This.

2 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

I completely understand no incomings this year, however, I think we should have bought a bit of back up in the last couple of windows.

I think we will win it next year and I think the owners are gambling on that.

However, surely Nike are going to deliver someone with their new kit launch?

Nike don't buy players for clubs.   Whoever came up with that nonsense to link Mbappe with a move here, needs to give their head a wobble. 

• Upvote 1