You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 08/04/2020 at 23:51, skaro said:

The distinction is worth the length of a bridge over the Atlantic - Thatcher was at least honest and true about being an out-and-out cunt.  

See I always struggle with that. I try to avoid ascribing anything positive ("honest and true") with that repellent thug. 

Getting back to FSG and furloughing, I utterly despair. But I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. Capitalism laid bare. 

47 minutes ago, rb14 said:

See I always struggle with that. I try to avoid ascribing anything positive ("honest and true") with that repellent thug. 

Getting back to FSG and furloughing, I utterly despair. But I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. Capitalism laid bare. 

I wasn't being positive.  I was being factual.  "Honest and true" was modified by "out-and-out cunt".

I'm comfortable with that contention.

55 minutes ago, skaro said:

I wasn't being positive.  I was being factual.  "Honest and true" was modified by "out-and-out cunt".

I get the modifier. It's just that it's a positive modifier. Can we agree on "She didn't lie about being an out and out cunt"? I know it's a bit of a double-negative like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I think the key here is the city was in decline for a number of reasons. However a governments job is not to further that decline, but to try and arrest it. Thatcher's actions spoke for themselves and showed what an utterly contemptible cunt she was. 

When I arrived in the city in October 1989, it was a bit of ghost town. Boarded up buildings and businesses, the norm.

Apart from the footy- and little did I know that was in decline too - it was reasonably depressing.

Taking The Beatles "Magical History Tour" only furthered the feeling of good days being behind you.

In the meantime, during the week, I lived and worked in London in advertising - with Tories for the most part.  Lunch at Kettner's and so on.

In Australia of course, I didn't get to see the snide "local" side of Thatcher.... we just got the "foreign" headlines.

The Falklands etc... her "heroics".  Grand relationship with Reagan blah blah.

She was a "Statesman" to an outsider like me.

I think the poll tax changed my perception of all that.

In my room above a pub in Acton, I listened to and watched coverage of the riots and bolllocks in Central London and realised this was a person, a woman, who really didn't give a fuck about the consequences of her policies and so-called "convictions".

I remember her being ousted in 1990, and I experienced corporate London's sentimentality about that as it unfolded.

But yeah, I was young and unaffected by her actions generally.

TLW, over the years, has given me a starker picture of her heartlessness.

At the end of the day, she was a politician - just another cunt in a cavalcade of cunts - and I don't want to give her too much "credit" in a totally dishonourable profession... even "heroes" like JFK did utter shite things... death, destruction, the works.

But, I see Liverpool's point about her specific cuntery to it, and the especial pointedness of its justified contempt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Has anybody been paid through this scheme yet? If its anything like trying to claim unemployment benefit then you are going to be very old before you get any cash from it. In fact I reckon thats where they'll take the cash from.

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Don't think it actually pays out till June does it?

End of April they are saying the online portal to claim will be open, so make of that what you will

On 11/04/2020 at 10:07, skaro said:

When I arrived in the city in October 1989, it was a bit of ghost town. Boarded up buildings and businesses, the norm.

Apart from the footy- and little did I know that was in decline too - it was reasonably depressing.

Taking The Beatles "Magical History Tour" only furthered the feeling of good days being behind you.

In the meantime, during the week, I lived and worked in London in advertising - with Tories for the most part.  Lunch at Kettner's and so on.

In Australia of course, I didn't get to see the snide "local" side of Thatcher.... we just got the "foreign" headlines.

The Falklands etc... her "heroics".  Grand relationship with Reagan blah blah.

She was a "Statesman" to an outsider like me.

I think the poll tax changed my perception of all that.

In my room above a pub in Acton, I listened to and watched coverage of the riots and bolllocks in Central London and realised this was a person, a woman, who really didn't give a fuck about the consequences of her policies and so-called "convictions".

I remember her being ousted in 1990, and I experienced corporate London's sentimentality about that as it unfolded.

But yeah, I was young and unaffected by her actions generally.

TLW, over the years, has given me a starker picture of her heartlessness.

At the end of the day, she was a politician - just another cunt in a cavalcade of cunts - and I don't want to give her too much "credit" in a totally dishonourable profession... even "heroes" like JFK did utter shite things... death, destruction, the works.

But, I see Liverpool's point about her specific cuntery to it, and the especial pointedness of its justified contempt.

Living through it is one thing, I don't think it trumps a Norwegian A Level though.

On 09/04/2020 at 14:11, redheart said:

Liverpool began to decline in the 70s for one simple reason. It was on the wrong side of the country.

Joining the EU meant most of our trade was done with Europe and Liverpool was not a viable port for that.

Containerisation was also a big factor in Merseyside's economic decline. 

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Containerisation was also a big factor in Merseyside's economic decline. 

It was, I remember as a van lad for Scotts we had the best round to the ships, pubs, canteens etc in 76 and there was loads of ships, and wagons, on the docks. My mate was on Harrison Line and there was always a few of them in, then I remember they had a Container ship, I think it was called The Advisor and that seemed to be the start, obviously the was the Seaforth Container Base, but it just seemed around that time that it was the beginning of the end for the traditional ships, Dockers and all related business, sad. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, are people still wanking themselves blind over this? Even Fowler has said they corrected the error so move on.

I think the problem is lack of things to move on to. People need a subject to call strangers a cunt about on the internet. It warms the heart at these difficult times.