You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Code will all be on shortly calling the club thick cunts who don't know hot to run a business for reversing it. 

I have it on good authority that Code saw the error of his ways, telephone Peter Moore and told him that if they didn’t reverse it he was coming for them, all of them.

• Like 1

I was actually really proud of Liverpool fans in this instance. 

You look at Man City fans who, to a man it seems, back their human rights abusing, despot, horrible owners because they are doing well. They are happy to sell their souls. We, on the other hand, hold our owners to account.  Don't get me wrong, they're still capitalists to the core, but at least when it affects the humanity of our club and we loudly shout "No" they listened and made the required u-turn.  That's a (small) positive, but it doesn't remove the original cock up. 

I don't want them out as I fear if they put us up for sale, we'd end up with even worse owners.  Possibly an Oligarch or an Oil state with massive human rights issues. But I'm even more confident that were owners like Man Citys to make a bid, that we, as a fan base, would be very vocal in our refusal to accept them.

A really positive story for fan power, and for the humanity of nearly all our fan base, barring some exceptions who'll always confuse trying to be different with just being idiots.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I’m sorry but who gives a shit. You guys wanking over this story the last 2 days are ordering the early bird menu on the titanic. There’s fucking nurses dying here, get a grip. And fuck off code 

It doesn't matter because nurses are dying? The club was trying to siphon off taxpayers' money. Money that might otherwise be invested in public healthcare. And even save nurses' lives.

You need to get a grip.

I'd rather they didn't make fucking daft decisions like this in the first place. But I'd rather they reversed decisions because of a fear of alienating the fanbase than not place a single fuck on what the fans think (looking at you Mike Ashley), so I feel vindicated in my general stance on them: competent, less uncaring than some, more uncaring than others. I find it hard to wax lyrical about them but don't have any great warmth towards them.

Victory for lukewarm opinions.

16 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I’m sorry but who gives a shit. You guys wanking over this story the last 2 days are ordering the early bird menu on the titanic. There’s fucking nurses dying here, get a grip. And fuck off code 

My eyes rolled so hard when I read this post that I could see the inside of my skull. Fucking hell, buddy. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, andyj said:

It’s easy for us sitting at home to just jump on the band wagon and have a dig just remember its the government that opened the furlough rule for any company to apply 

And why do you think that is? 

I’m no fucking apologist for any tory government but do you think there might just have been a pressing need for legislation coinciding with a distinct lack of civil servants to implement, manage and administer the scheme? 

You know with tens of thousands of civil servants not working and in isolation. 

Do you think the legislation was put in place in a hurry (never ideal!) to stop independent businesses and SME’s from going bust straight away, to reassure millions of workers they weren’t going to lose their job overnight, to stop the economy crashing immediately. 

Was the greater need to protect those jobs across the board rather than introduce complicated financial assessments to see who would and wouldn’t qualify for the scheme without any fucking staff to carry out the assessments? 

The legislation isn’t perfect, and the government response in general has been pretty piss poor but these are exceptional times. 

The legislation was put in place to save jobs for the working man and woman. 

It wasn’t put in place for greedy, immoral cunts like FSG to exploit, even if they attempted to do so legally. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

And why do you think that is? 

I’m no fucking apologist for any tory government but do you think there might just have been a pressing need for legislation coinciding with a distinct lack of civil servants to implement, manage and administer the scheme? 

You know with tens of thousands of civil servants not working and in isolation. 

Do you think the legislation was put in place in a hurry (never ideal!) to stop independent businesses and SME’s from going bust straight away, to reassure millions of workers they weren’t going to lose their job overnight, to stop the economy crashing immediately. 

Was the greater need to protect those jobs across the board rather than introduce complicated financial assessments to see who would and wouldn’t qualify for the scheme without any fucking staff to carry out the assessments? 

The legislation isn’t perfect, and the government response in general has been pretty piss poor but these are exceptional times. 

The legislation was put in place to save jobs for the working man and woman. 

It wasn’t put in place for greedy, immoral cunts like FSG to exploit, even if they attempted to do so legally. 

Spot on. 

My missus United fan uncle started saying Liverpool eh you'll never walk alone what a load of bullshit. I just said do the Glazers represent everything about United... "No". Well shut the fuck up then. They own the club they don't own the culture, the fans held them to rights and they backtracked unlike shithouse fans of other clubs who defend or half arse it.

Only just caught up with this thread. Wow. Don’t know why people are surprised at Code, it he lived here he’d be a Tory and he’s a Thatcher fan. 

On 12/04/2013 at 21:22, Code said:

Get over yourself.

Stuff like what?

Please explain to me how Thatcher was behind Liverpools decline and offer an alternative way of dealing with the problems the city had?

And also explain to me how she caused the Hillsborough disaster and the lies and injustice after it as PM.

And what about the Taylor report and the actions taken after it what was her role there?

On 12/04/2013 at 21:31, Code said:

I'd actually like an explanation on this new Hillsborough angle some people are taking.

Thatcher was not the reason for Hillsborough, she did not print the lies, she was not behind the cover up.

If someone have facts who suggest otherwise, please share them.

I dont go around accusing people without any shred of evidence or anything even remotely pointing to something and on this matter I would have hoped others would not either.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve got no problem with Code personally but he’s got form for this kind of stuff. I still like him better than you though. 

You did not really get what I was trying to put forward there. I was talking about direct and not indirect action.

Im no Thatcher fan at all, and I would deffo not be a Tory.

This is where I was coming from then.

24AF29D7-0913-42A1-A24E-156693189D34.png