You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Based on replies to my tweet about this, the defence seems to be that because the club pays tax they're entitled to do this. Another argument is that there are wealthier businesses doing the same and some of those aren't even paying the 20%.

All of that is true, but just because they can do something, and just because others are doing it, doesn't mean they SHOULD do it and it doesn't fucking make it ok.

It's appalling and I'm ashamed. A few days ago we were all ripping Spurs and Mike Ashley, as well as Branson, that Wetherspoons nonce and all the other fuckers. Then our club does this.

And for what? It's literally peanuts in the grand scheme of things, especially if the players are going to be taking a 30% cut. All this bad PR just to save a few hundred grand.

Makes me sick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Based on replies to my tweet about this, the defence seems to be that because the club pays tax they're entitled to do this. Another argument is that there are wealthier businesses doing the same and some of those aren't even paying the 20%.

All of that is true, but just because they can do something, and just because others are doing it, doesn't mean they SHOULD do it and it doesn't fucking make it ok.

It's appalling and I'm ashamed. A few days ago we were all ripping Spurs and Mike Ashley, as well as Branson, that Wetherspoons nonce and all the other fuckers. Then our club does this.

And for what? It's literally peanuts in the grand scheme of things, especially if the players are going to be taking a 30% cut. All this bad PR just to save a few hundred grand.

Makes me sick.

Bang fucking on! It's clear that FSG have no fucking idea of how the majority of our fan base think, either that or they just don't give a fuck! Probably the latter!

Indefensible!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dave u said:

Makes me sick.

Any idea what SoS are doing about this? There’s nothing on their Twitter and I feel totally powerless. It really do odd make we want to stick my ST in the bin. Spend 30 seconds on Twitter and look at the amount of cuntery coming from Mancs and blues. I feel fucking furious. They have let the fans, the club and the players down. It’s disgraceful.

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Bang fucking on! It's clear that FSG have no fucking idea of how the majority of our fan base think, either that or they just don't give a fuck! Probably the latter!

Indefensible

What makes it so unpalatable is that they will have known how the majority of the fan base feel about this and have made the decision anyway. YNWA my arse

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Let’s see if anyone tries to defend this fucking shitshow. 

I've seen a few on Twatter saying BA made 3.3bn profit but are applying for the furlough scheme for 30,000 employees. That's a joke but the club are coming across as penny pinching twats and alienating a lot of people. 

The fallout over this has been horrendous already and the money they are quibbling over is is fuck all. Selling one of the players we have permanently on loan could have paid for this. It's not like we would have had to sell Salah or Mane to keep the club afloat. Fucking hell even when the two cowboys were in charge the staff still got paid.

Especially when players earn 200k a week. You cant argue that they should keep their wages but a cleaner or a bar person in one of the lounges who earns a few hundred pounds a month should ask the government for help. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, dave u said:

Makes me sick.

Levy, we all know is a first class cunt and if they scrap the season Spurs would be back in the champs league, so they’re clinging to that cash cow. Branson is a fucking billionaire that’s asking for his company to be saved so he saves his billions, his staff never came in to it, Ashley, he’s the same but a Happy Shopper version. Weatherspoons told all his employees to go apply at Tesco’s, whilst his Ruddle’s addled lobotomy victims were given genuine propaganda. I don’t think they’re the same level of cuntery.

They are taking advantage, yes, but it’s from a sensible business place, as a company that pay millions in tax and generates local revenue, as well as international. My friends who have been furloughed are ecstatic, relatively to others who have been scrap-heaped, they’re not losing jobs and they have lives to walk back in to. It’s not, in any way, ideal, but it is the situation we find ourselves in.

In favour of the government supporting people who would otherwise lose jobs, yes. In support of people’s jobs being kept open once this shitfest is over, yes. In support of rich men exploiting the system to further their interests at the governments expense, no.

So on balance I’d prefer the government to foot the bill to sustain employment in the long term. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Levy, we all know is a first class cunt and if they scrap the season Spurs would be back in the champs league, so they’re clinging to that cash cow. Branson is a fucking billionaire that’s asking for his company to be saved so he saves his billions, his staff never came in to it, Ashley, he’s the same but a Happy Shopper version. Weatherspoons told all his employees to go apply at Tesco’s, whilst his Ruddle’s addled lobotomy victims were given genuine propaganda. I don’t think they’re the same level of cuntery.

They are taking advantage, yes, but it’s from a sensible business place, as a company that pay millions in tax and generates local revenue, as well as international. My friends who have been furloughed are ecstatic they’re not losing jobs and they have lives to walk back in to. It’s not, in any way, ideal, but it is the situation we find ourselves in.

In favour of the government supporting people who would otherwise lose jobs, yes. In support of people’s jobs being kept open once this shitfest is over, yes. In support of rich men exploiting the system to further their interests at the governments expense, no.

So on balance I’d prefer the government to foot the bill to sustain employment in the long term. 

The economy is going to be fucked after this, if every business that didn't need to do this didn't do it then the economy would be less fucked when it's all over. This is scummy, I feel sick and embarrassed by it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, No2 said:

The economy is going to be fucked after this, if every business that didn't need to do this didn't do it then the economy would be less fucked when it's all over. This is scummy, I feel sick and embarrassed by it.

It is yes, but it’s not, and will not be, the most egregious case.

Watch for the grubbiness that’ll come over the next few weeks as ‘they’ realise it’s going to cost a fortune to sustain their long term interests in the face of, significant, short term losses.

Everybody is going to try their arm over the coming weeks.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Watch for the grubbiness that’ll come over the next few weeks as ‘they’ realise it’s going to cost a fortune to sustain their long term interests in the face of, significant, short term losses.

It's limited to 3 months, what's the fucking point of this shit fest today for the sake of fucking 3 months?   If it goes on much longer then maybe it would be fair to consider it then, see what other similar businesses are doing, what the consensus is.  But no, these dickheads FSG and their lackeys have to put us near the top of the shit list to save a few bob.  Massive own goal, massive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moo said:

It's limited to 3 months, what's the fucking point of this shit fest today for the sake of fucking 3 months?   If it goes on much longer then maybe it would be fair to consider it then, see what other similar businesses are doing, what the consensus is.  But no, these dickheads FSG and their lackeys have to put us near the top of the shit list to save a few bob.  Massive own goal, massive. 

Yeah, they should have waited until Everton or United do it to save face.

They'll all do it, it's just a matter of time.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This needs to be paid for and the people paying for it are the same people handing over their money every week. The same people will face higher taxes for the next 10 years to pay for this. I have rarely criticised FSG in the past but I hope John scrapes his boat the next time he sets sail. Prick.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, they should have waited until Everton or United do it to save face.

They'll all do it, it's just a matter of time.

No, they should have waited until the situation could be reassesed and not jump at the first chance they get to grab at financial help they don't need.  Greedy bastards, always have been. And not to "save face" whatever that means but to at least pretend to stay true to the clubs ethos and values past and present for the sake of the supporters who make LFC what it is.  FSG cunts. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Just read about this. Absolutely morally reprehensible. Shameful. And something should be done about it. I don't care how successful the team is. This is unforgivable.

Exactly. 

I think that Tory liverpool fans thread has more members than we thought (and I don’t include Rico in that because I know he will be repulsed as well) 

6 minutes ago, John102 said:

One of the replies on Stan Collymore's tweet is from a journalist who said he has spoken to SOS.

Says they are refusing to criticise club and see it as positive that staff are being paid. Pete Hooton says not discussed as committee yet.

Why the fuck wouldn't staff be paid? They haven't done anything wrong and their employer can easily afford to pay them. But why should taxpayers subsidise their payment? This is money that might otherwise be spent on the NHS, put in its simplest terms...

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Moo said:

No, they should have waited until the situation could be reassesed and not jump at the first chance they get to grab at financial help they don't need.  Greedy bastards, always have been. And not to "save face" whatever that means but to at least pretend to stay true to the clubs ethos and values past and present for the sake of the supporters who make LFC what it is.  FSG cunts. 

The fans carry and protect the ethos and to a degree these have been lost in the wind for a long time.

They, FSG, protect the bottom line.

I think it’s scummy, you’ll find no argument and I’m not trying to defend them, but you can guarantee every club will do it once they’ve gone over the fine print and found out how to maximise it. 

We’re all going to see massive tax hikes on the back of this so I’m apathetic to the whole fucking thing. We’re being saved, by them,  from the things they created and we’ll fucking cheer in gratitude and pay whatever we’re instructed to because we should be thankful.

its all fucking rotten.

10 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Why the fuck wouldn't staff be paid? They haven't done anything wrong and their employer can easily afford to pay them. But why should taxpayers subsidise their payment? This is money that might otherwise be spent on the NHS, put in its simplest terms...

Tory Britain. Wait until this crisis is over and you will really see how much they appreciate the NHS!

After all the great performances from Klopp and the players, all the good PR they’ve got the club, all the record sponsorship deals they’ve earned for the club, a first fucking title for 30 years!!!

And these penny pinching despicable cunts have managed to piss on our parade before we can even have it. 

Despicable, greedy, immoral cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2