You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They pay me one diaper and a dollar per post. I can sell the diapers for 10 dollars for 10. So essentially, I get $20 for ever 10 posts I make. Cunts haven't paid me yet. They owe me almost $50k.

• 1 month later...

Since it was FSG's treatment of Kenny that prompted me to start this thread, it would be remiss of me not to give them credit for bringing him back. This is the first big call they've made since appointing him as manager that I've fully supported, subject of course to it being a meaningful role, and I doubt he'd have accepted it if it wasn't. What's more, they didn't have to do this – there are any number of other people they could have brought on to the board instead to increase the level of football knowledge on there.

This isn't me burying the hatchet with FSG. Kenny's sacking still rankles with me, and I'm still and will remain livid at FSG for not standing up to the racism charge, especially as Kenny ended up taking a lot of the flak for it from a bunch of fucking sewer rats who aren't fit to shine his shoes. I also have serious doubts about whether they're the right owners to get us back to where we want to be, both in terms of their competence and their commitment, and I would welcome new owners who demonstrated more of both. But since some people have accused me of putting the boot into them at every opportunity and not having a single good word to say about them – they know who they are – I'm happy to applaud FSG for this move.

• Upvote 6

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, they do know who they are, and they stand by what they said. You can't even give them credit without having a few digs. Personally, I don't think they deserve much credit for it. This keeps up the tradition of disagreeing with just about everything you post. All is well in the world. The constant is... constant.

I agree that FSG deserve credit Neil, like you I am a critical observer of their actions and inaction.

Time has suggested that they were right to call time on KK, I suspect he realises that now too.

I disagree with you that there is anyone who could match, or surpass, KK’s knowledge of football, LFC and Liverpool as a city.

As for his role, as a non-exec director, he will provide much needed expert knowledge, probably without voting rights. That seems like a smart and fair move.

He was never going to be offered another job as a manager, this will allow him to contribute with dignity.

Yeah, they do know who they are, and they stand by what they said. You can't even give them credit without having a few digs. Personally, I don't think they deserve much credit for it. This keeps up the tradition of disagreeing with just about everything you post. All is well in the world. The constant is... constant.

I qualified my post with criticism because if I hadn't, someone would have concluded that I was fine with FSG now and that it really had just been all about Kenny all along. I couldn't really win either way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I qualified my post with criticism because if I hadn't, someone would have concluded that I was fine with FSG now and that it really had just been all about Kenny all along. I couldn't really win either way.

Your post illustrates that pretty well. I don't know why you're so reluctant to just admit it. The sacking clearly hit you hard. At the minimum, it turned unspoken suspicions into strong dislike. That's fine, Neil. There's nothing wrong with being so against a decision that it's a major factor in how you see somebody.

If my wife cheated on me with my father, it would probably shade my opinion of them somewhat. In fact, if she then forgot to put sugar in my tea, I'd probably act as if a bomb went off, the dirty slut. It's okay not to be objective all the time. Well, it is if you admit it anyway. You seem to have done that when you said you'd never forgive them for it. You seem true to your word.

Your post illustrates that pretty well. I don't know why you're so reluctant to just admit it. The sacking clearly hit you hard. At the minimum, it turned unspoken suspicions into strong dislike. That's fine, Neil. There's nothing wrong with being so against a decision that it's a major factor in how you see somebody.

If my wife cheated on me with my father, it would probably shade my opinion of them somewhat. In fact, if she then forgot to put sugar in my tea, I'd probably act as if a bomb went off, the dirty slut. It's okay not to be objective all the time. Well, it is if you admit it anyway. You seem to have done that when you said you'd never forgive them for it. You seem true to your word.

Cool. I'll admit it, just as soon as you admit that your vocal support of FSG over the past 18 months has made you rather less than objective towards them in the opposite direction. Now that you've paid up for an ST you can finally read my reply to your post on the MF last year on the subject, which I've referred to countless times. 

In other words, let's not go over this again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Cool. I'll admit it, just as soon as you admit that your vocal support of FSG over the past 18 months has made you rather less than objective towards them in the opposite direction. Now that you've paid up for an ST you can finally read my reply to your post on the MF last year on the subject, which I've referred to countless times. 

In other words, let's not go over this again.

PM me a link to that, mate? As for FSG, they mean absolutely fuck all to me. I've not supported them, I've agreed with some of the things they've done. Most things, actually. I defend my opinion, not them.

Having met Neil G and being able to visualise him saying these things, I would never disagree with him to his face. I'd probably mutter something to myself whilst in the pub toilet but he's definitely got the aura of a man who won't back down from his opinions either in real life or on the forum. He's got scary eyes and ginger hair, a scary sign if ever there was one. Imagine having someone with those physical attributes as your manager...

• Upvote 1

Modern day Liverpool, where they sack a man who has won the league four times as a manager one year into a three year contract and appoint a novice, then stick the manager in the boardroom.

And the fans lap it up.

PR coup.

Yeah, its really proving to be a catalogue of bad decisions doesn't it. We're on the brink of collapse, all the way down there in 1st place.

Remains to be seen if this is just a cheerleaders job to keep the masses happy or if it's an actual attempt to bring some football expertise on to the board. Is it a non-exec role? If so, it would be interesting to understand the remit as it could easily be a nothing job.

Have to believe the latter as the masses should be happy with how the team is playing, not with who's sitting in the executive box.