You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

You're a disgusting supporter.

Don't confuse the club badge, the manager, the team with a bunch of venture capitalists. Do you own a FSG scarf?

FSG are open to criticism for failing to compensate for their lack of footballing expertise.

From Comolli to Ayre and the transfer strategy still leaves us wanting.

Your assessment of their ownership may be correct - certainly they are not football people' date=' on the other hand neither are the owners of ManU.

[/quote']

What does this mean? Are you suggesting man utd have good owners? Fuck me. They have the worst owners in the league, with the possible exception of that gobshite who owns Newcastle, but I think they are worse than him.

Don't confuse the club badge, the manager, the team with a bunch of venture capitalists. Do you own a FSG scarf?

FSG are open to criticism for failing to compensate for their lack of footballing expertise.

From Comolli to Ayre and the transfer strategy still leaves us wanting.

Well carry on then, it's your mental state not mine. Let me know when you think it will make difference what you lot think, maybe you take it to the streets.

It could also be said not to confuse the panic stricken babies on here with real supporters.

If the club is all about the supporters, can't we do a better job than this? Go back and look at the last few pages, it embarrassing.

Well carry on then, it's your mental state not mine. Let me know when you think it will make difference what you lot think, maybe you take it to the streets.

It could also be said not to confuse the panic stricken babies on here with real supporters.

If the club is all about the supporters, can't we do a better job than this? Go back and look at the last few pages, it embarrassing.

Confused and rambling.

Cryarsing about the cry arses.

Offer something to reassure the 'panic stricken babies'. Show them why FSG's intentions are well placed, give them something substantial that shows the ambitions of the owner's are equal to those of the supporters.

In some ways i do sympathise, the net spend argument is a poor one because we sold Downing, Carroll, Shelvey, Wilson, Spearing none of which were of any actual value to our first team, they hardly played in most cases and in the case of Downing when he did play he was shit.

So, to 'replace' players of no value to us with first teamers, those being Aspas and Toure, with Alberto taking on the fringe Shelvey role, is definitely an improvement on last season's squad, done the 'clever' (cheap) way. Factor in Cissokho on a free, once again it's an improvement on Jack Robinson who was on loan last season anyway.

That said, two of those three 'new' players are now injured, so we're about to embark on a new season with only one 'new' and fit player as it stands. Considering we're £4m up on sales, and have television money, and it's not the fault of FSG that Toure and Cissokho are injured, it's still clear that we should have done better.

Reina for Mignolet, that looks a good trade and we also can sell Reina and I expect Napoli might take us up on that in January. Again, we're in profit and arguably we're a slightly better team than last season for it.

But you look at Norwich and Southampton and the investment they've made in their teams, and it's rather frustrating to see us sitting here with money in the bank.

Now, it's still not clear if it's Rodgers to blame or it's FSG, that's the problem. Had Rodgers been told he can't spend, or is Rodgers being too picky about targets? We're all pissed off and we want someone to blame, but it'd be unfair to jump on FSG until we know it's definitely them holding us up.

Sure, we can't attract the top tier players, but we know there are players we could get with our TV money. Money is money, it makes things happen, and we're just not using it.

A good, fair post.

Don't forget that "our" Tv money is a share available to others. the difference is that FSG view it as a return on their investment, others have viewed it as an opportunity to invest in the team, offering zero cash net return in all probability, but offering a sporting return.

Haha. Aye, real supporters love FSG.#LFCFAMILY #USAUSA

Your assessment of their ownership may be correct - certainly they are not football people, on the other hand neither are the owners of ManU.

You are right of course, football is a lousy business, succeeded in by playboys with cash to burn. My point was, and is, that there is always at least two parties to any transaction (in fact 3) and it is ludicrous to pillory the owners for not signing players who don't want to come anyway, or for not paying the other club insane amounts just because another prem team will. In fact it becomes even more laughable when LFC goes after Yarmolenko and gets lambasted for paying more than some posters think he is worth.

Point is, we are on a bitching and moaning jag here and some posters cannot for the life of them get off it. Out comes the xenophobia, out comes the illogical conclusions, sorry its all just barking at the moon.

Get off your keyboards and get some fresh air, you all need to take a deep breathe.

Sorry, rant over - going outside myself now.

Gay

Your assessment of their ownership may be correct - certainly they are not football people, on the other hand neither are the owners of ManU.

You are right of course, football is a lousy business, succeeded in by playboys with cash to burn. My point was, and is, that there is always at least two parties to any transaction (in fact 3) and it is ludicrous to pillory the owners for not signing players who don't want to come anyway, or for not paying the other club insane amounts just because another prem team will. In fact it becomes even more laughable when LFC goes after Yarmolenko and gets lambasted for paying more than some posters think he is worth.

Point is, we are on a bitching and moaning jag here and some posters cannot for the life of them get off it. Out comes the xenophobia, out comes the illogical conclusions, sorry its all just barking at the moon.

Get off your keyboards and get some fresh air, you all need to take a deep breathe.

Sorry, rant over - going outside myself now.

But we didn't even make a bid according to 2 of the clubs so who were we transacting with?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

But we didn't even make a bid according to 2 of the clubs so who were we transacting with?

Yeah, it was our bluff that made Atleti give Costa a new contract. It's all make believe.

Negativity rules because the fucking owners (who still know fuck all about football - after 3 years) have failed to improve a first team which was only good enough to finish 7th last season.

I doubt any of the owners in league positions above us know that much more about football than FSG. Abramovich? Sheikh Mansour? Kroenke? The Glazers? These people know about football?

They're either obscenely rich clowns who treat their clubs as toys or astute enough to put competent people in charge and bankroll them enough to accomplish something. FSG out Kenny and Comolli in that position, listened to their judgment, and lost a lot of money.

Now they're exercising closer control. Rodgers has been hit and miss - 25 million on Allen and Borini is not inspiring. I think FSG are trying to objectify transfers as much as possible, now knowing that the sabremetrics approach is not really applicable to football.

Negativity rules because the fucking owners (who still know fuck all about football - after 3 years) have failed to improve a first team which was only good enough to finish 7th last season.

I doubt any of the owners in league positions above us know that much more about football than FSG. Abramovich? Sheikh Mansour? Kroenke? The Glazers? These people know about football?

They're either obscenely rich clowns who treat their clubs as toys or astute enough to put competent people in charge and bankroll them enough to accomplish something. FSG out Kenny and Comolli in that position, listened to their judgment, and lost a lot of money.

Now they're exercising closer control. Rodgers has been hit and miss - 25 million on Allen and Borini is not inspiring. I think FSG are trying to objectify transfers as much as possible, now knowing that the sabremetrics approach is not really applicable to football.

Yeah, it was our bluff that made Atleti give Costa a new contract. It's all make believe.

Yeah because they were prepared to not offer him a new contract and allow him to leave for free until we steamed in with £35mil and then they gave him a new contract just to stop us getting him. They dont like us, it wasnt all the goals and general class play that prompted them to offer a new contract, it was because we came in for him. Thats what happend. Cos that makes loads of sense.

Its deducable that if we hadnt come in for him they'd never have offered him nowt and let him witter away his contract.

Or my personal favourite, he just used us to get a new contract, like he couldnt get a decent contract but once they knew we were intrested, he knew the jealous fuckers couldnt help but ask for his forgivness and offer him it, they didnt want him but rather than take a daft amount of money for him, they'd rather offer him a new contract, even though they didnt want him anyway.

Or you judge off the big emerging pattern that we fed a few media stories just as we heard he was on the verge of a new contract to allay people like you who take it as a serious attempt to actually do a deal despite all the contrary evidence and lack of any top class signings, the manager himself admitting they have to sell to buy, but no, theres still a few minutes left of the window, lets not be hasty eh?.

Confused and rambling.

Cryarsing about the cry arses.

Offer something to reassure the 'panic stricken babies'. Show them why FSG's intentions are well placed, give them something substantial that shows the ambitions of the owner's are equal to those of the supporters.

Nah - I finished changing diapers years ago. Maybe the posters should grow up so they aren't wearing them anymore.

I note that Ilori and Sakho are now getting closer - tears drying up now?

I doubt any of the owners in league positions above us know that much more about football than FSG.

At Man u David Gill (17 yrs), Bobby Charlton ( a lifetime) and edward Woodward ( 9 years) are all well placed to advise, as well as a formidable backroom staff.

At Arsenal Hill Wood had been a Director for fifty years, Chips Wood, his replacement as Chairman has been a director for nine years, Ken Friar has been with the club for sixty years.

At Man City there are Bernard Halford, the youngest ever league secretary and Sidney Rose, a past board member for a quarter of a century as life presidents as well as Tony Book as Hon president and Viera as a special advisor as well as the hugely experienced Bergiristain as DOF.

A Chelsea, Abrahamovic has considerable experience with CSKA,and the Russian Football Federation as wellas chelea, ably advised by Chairman Bruce Buck who has been a fan for thirty years and has worked professionally with the club for many years, CEO Gourlay with 25 years football experience, and secretary David Bernard with 36 seasons experience behind him.

At Spurs,with the formidable Levy are FD Collecott with experience of working with Slavia prague and AEK Athens,and the very experienced Buchler and Franco Baldini.

You will have your own views on Bill Kenwright.

Us? Ian Ayre.................. Huddersfield.

Edited by xerxes