You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Yeah. Newcastle wanted 3m but Henry said no, we must pay 35m. The bastard.

Effectively thats what they chose to do by appointing Comolli.

Damien is a gambling addict who reasons that every win is worth the previous ten losses and he's just around the corner from unearthing the next 'gem'.

A superstition tea leaving strepsil sucking polyurethene-based man witch if I ever saw one.

Deals like that happen when youre a yank without a clue about footy buying and running one of the biggest clubs in the world but not feeling the need to educate yourself and you end up being full of shit and lies and apologetic letters and total transfer write offs.

He hasnt left Spurs yet and they're set to spend at least another £60m on top of any Bale fee, probably it will be more than that.

Thank the lord Arsene Wenger and his stadium payments exist.

I guess the difference is that they are re-investing the whole fee- If we sold Suarez we would spend 60% max.

Tottenham seemed to have grasped the nettle- its sink or swim. Speculate to accumalate. ( apologies for the cliches)

Even in the relatively small time FSG have owned the club the Premier league has undergone a seismic shift in spending power of some teams (Spurs and Saints)- it will be interesting to see if the Tottenham model pays off.

Levy seem a right twat but very good at his job. He clearly identified us as being the club they were competing with and has smashed us aside. Bear in mind, they would have sold arguably their 2 best players for 2 seasons running (imagine the meltdown here if we did that) and they still have emerged stronger.

In some ways i do sympathise, the net spend argument is a poor one because we sold Downing, Carroll, Shelvey, Wilson, Spearing none of which were of any actual value to our first team, they hardly played in most cases and in the case of Downing when he did play he was shit.

So, to 'replace' players of no value to us with first teamers, those being Aspas and Toure, with Alberto taking on the fringe Shelvey role, is definitely an improvement on last season's squad, done the 'clever' (cheap) way. Factor in Cissokho on a free, once again it's an improvement on Jack Robinson who was on loan last season anyway.

That said, two of those three 'new' players are now injured, so we're about to embark on a new season with only one 'new' and fit player as it stands. Considering we're £4m up on sales, and have television money, and it's not the fault of FSG that Toure and Cissokho are injured, it's still clear that we should have done better.

Reina for Mignolet, that looks a good trade and we also can sell Reina and I expect Napoli might take us up on that in January. Again, we're in profit and arguably we're a slightly better team than last season for it.

But you look at Norwich and Southampton and the investment they've made in their teams, and it's rather frustrating to see us sitting here with money in the bank.

Now, it's still not clear if it's Rodgers to blame or it's FSG, that's the problem. Had Rodgers been told he can't spend, or is Rodgers being too picky about targets? We're all pissed off and we want someone to blame, but it'd be unfair to jump on FSG until we know it's definitely them holding us up.

Sure, we can't attract the top tier players, but we know there are players we could get with our TV money. Money is money, it makes things happen, and we're just not using it.

We could have quite easily gone out and paid the money and bought the players southampton/Norwich have bought.

Wouldn't have made people any happier with the summer as it stands because people are judging who teams buy and how much is paid before they've kicked a ball.

As for the conclusion it could be the only thing the club as a whole is guilty of is being too ambitious in their targets. Doesn't have to be owners or manager taking the abuse.

We could have quite easily gone out and paid the money and bought the players southampton/Norwich have bought.

Wouldn't have made people any happier with the summer as it stands because people are judging who teams buy and how much is paid before they've kicked a ball.

As for the conclusion it could be the only thing the club as a whole is guilty of is being too ambitious in their targets. Doesn't have to be owners or manager taking the abuse.

Could someone do the honours and rep this man, for me.

That is brilliant.

Gonna stick my neck out here but pretty sure all players in world football who are getting transfered, will have kicked a ball before.

Could someone do the honours and rep this man, for me.

That is brilliant.

Wow a rep for not making a judgement but offering an alternative to the absolute need to blame somebody. I'm honoured.

Although as said in another thread maybe competeing with the likes of Norwich and Southampto instead of Dortmunds and Chelseas and actually signing the players would have satisfied them, I doubt it but we can live in hope.

Thank you for that - a reasoned perspective that will no doubt be attacked as it does not allow for hysteria which most posters hear are addicted to.

I do think that where the more ambitious target is desired, it makes a lot of sense to determine whether that player wants to come before spending any time on it. This is probably why Erikson has not been pursued, notwithstanding the howling that we should have..... etc etc.

On the other hand, it would appear the Sakho WANTS to come, and may be that ambitious defensive signing that winds up being successful. Anyway, it is clear that there are a number of things that have to work in order for any signing to happen, not just our desire for the player.

Not so much a lowering of expectations, more putting expectations in a lift on the top floor, applying plastic explosives to the cables, and triggering the detonation.

Still, at least that brought some humour to the doom and gloom.

I'm sure their's plenty they could do better, I'm sure they know that too, their's a big difference between that and the duplicitous H&G clones a growing number of people seem eager to paint them as.

They knew last summer there was plenty they could have done better, this summer should have been the complete opposite when really it's a mirror image, fartarsing around all summer with 'targets' who they will say we're not interested or not achievable, of course it won't be their fault.

To think I actually thought January was going to be the rule rather then the exception from now on.

The problem is people judge FSG by H+G Standards. Compare to H+G they are good owners. In reality, they aren't.

Well I suppose people will judge by what they see, or think they see and understand, but really, (and I include myself) I do not believe that any of us know enough, and/or competent enough to make that judgement.

Its just frustrated blerting.

Well I suppose people will judge by what they see, or think they see and understand, but really, (and I include myself) I do not believe that any of us know enough, and/or competent enough to make that judgement.

Its just frustrated blerting.

Well, irrespective of spending, I dont think Henry and co are passionate about LFC at all. Their absence at Anfield is quite telling. If you arent passionate about something like a football club, then you look at it as a business and keep your investment as safe as possible. I don't blame them for it. I just don't think that makes them suitable owners of a football club with LFC's aspirations. In other words, we will never ever get to the top tier with owners that won't dip into their pockets. That is the sad reality of it.

*This is of course all just my opinion...*

They knew last summer there was plenty they could have done better, this summer should have been the complete opposite when really it's a mirror image, fartarsing around all summer with 'targets' who they will say we're not interested or not achievable, of course it won't be their fault.

To think I actually thought January was going to be the rule rather then the exception from now on.

Yea mate after the shit summer last summer and all the talk they've been doing since Jan saying how they've been planning for this window, if we don't improve the first team its a joke and shows they've been chattin shit about all this planning and great scouting set up.

Well, irrespective of spending, I dont think Henry and co are passionate about LFC at all. Their absence at Anfield is quite telling. If you arent passionate about something like a football club, then you look at it as a business and keep your investment as safe as possible. I don't blame them for it. I just don't think that makes them suitable owners of a football club with LFC's aspirations. In other words, we will never ever get to the top tier with owners that won't dip into their pockets. That is the sad reality of it.

*This is of course all just my opinion...*

Your assessment of their ownership may be correct - certainly they are not football people, on the other hand neither are the owners of ManU.

You are right of course, football is a lousy business, succeeded in by playboys with cash to burn. My point was, and is, that there is always at least two parties to any transaction (in fact 3) and it is ludicrous to pillory the owners for not signing players who don't want to come anyway, or for not paying the other club insane amounts just because another prem team will. In fact it becomes even more laughable when LFC goes after Yarmolenko and gets lambasted for paying more than some posters think he is worth.

Point is, we are on a bitching and moaning jag here and some posters cannot for the life of them get off it. Out comes the xenophobia, out comes the illogical conclusions, sorry its all just barking at the moon.

Get off your keyboards and get some fresh air, you all need to take a deep breathe.

Sorry, rant over - going outside myself now.