You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Half a million a week is how much we've cunt the wage bill by. £500,000 a week. Be good if it was reinvested into improving the team.

Be good if the £35,000,000 for the new TV deal was invested into the team, too.

We could even have 8m for Reina and possibly another 12m for Skrtel instead of loaning them to Napoli.

Half a million a week is how much we've cunt the wage bill by. £500,000 a week. Be good if it was reinvested into improving the team.

Be good if the £35,000,000 for the new TV deal was invested into the team, too.

You sure that is not the total knocked off by outgoing players before adding in the salaries of incoming and raises for established players.

Read it through though - the fifth paragraph ends with "that is almost a quarter of a million pounds removed from the wage bill already".

Except that Skrtel has not left and we still have to pay Toure and Mignolet.

Then there is this qualifier at the end.

"Of course, Liverpool have signed players during this time and given improved contracts to key players such as Luis Suarez, Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard. The point is that those three are on contracts that are in accordance with their place within the squad."

People saying on twitter the new pay as you perform structure might be going against us and because we've go no CL we have to pay possibly more to get them here

So if you want someone on good money abroad, even if on the bench at another big club they wont come if we say you can have x amount but do well and you'll get x amount.

They want big money. Footballers are greedy cunts at the end of the day

If H and G had done this level of asset stripping there'd have been people on fire screaming in the streets and public lynchings, people driving round in Vauxhall astras with Side mounted fully automated military hardware machine guns giving off repressive fire and frag grenade resistant body armoured shell impact bodywork to deter mad max style jackmoves.

Instead we actually celebrate, Turkey's offering to turn the oven on and stuff sage and onion up their arse and draw a line on our neck with marker pen to show the placing of the jugular vein whilst enquiring upon which chopping block to lay.

Oh well, as long as the dream of signing papacrockolous remains alive we're willing to suspend reason.

Okay, phrase it how you will, selling our best and most saleable players in order to facilitate a sale of an asset you dont know what to do with in order to make money, hence reducing overall costs without falling back too far on the pitch so that a sugar daddy who is in it for some motive other than cash profit can come in and take the asset off your hands at a price that is suitable for you to put a success tag on the 'project' and move on to more profitable sporting entities to increase your portfolio in a more sustainable and profitable manner?

All because you purchased something you thought it would be reletaively simple to make a profit from only to find that no one bar perhaps the Glazers (Who despite this due to the massive interest levels on the debt they acrrued on the club has left them unable to do anything with it but pay down debts) has ever sustainably made money from a Premier League team since the Premier League began, a fact that FSG must have omitted to check when they purchased the club.

In our league, you are either a sugar daddy or you are hoping to attract one.

Oh and FSG's net spending is around £20-£25m since taking over the club, thats before you factor in the amounts save in wages and transfers in this summer window, which amount to, around £20-£25m.

A club that runs itself, with FFP that would be very attractive to a sugar daddy who then has lots of scope for Chelsea level investment to bridge that CL gap without the drawback of FFP penalties.

All other goals are secondary to drawing in a suitable buyer.

Thats what you are Numero, an expendable asset, an they used you to get the job done gerrit??

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If by '20-25m' you mean '£86,850,000.00', then you're spot on. However, if you mean 20-25m, you're wrong. Of course, that's juts transfer fees, without 10s of millions in agent fees, signings bonuses, wages, pay-offs for shit players, pay-offs for managers, of release fees for incoming staff.

Oh and FSG's net spending is around £20-£25m since taking over the club, thats before you factor in the amounts save in wages and transfers in this summer window, which amount to, around £20-£25m.

A club that runs itself, with FFP that would be very attractive to a sugar daddy who then has lots of scope for Chelsea level investment to bridge that CL gap without the drawback of FFP penalties.

All other goals are secondary to drawing in a suitable buyer.

Thats what you are Numero, an expendable asset, an they used you to get the job done gerrit??

I actually hope you're right Dennis.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Where you getting that figure from?

There's a link in the post, click on the figure. It takes you to a breakdown I did of transfers in and out under FSG, backed up by Echo reports of the fees.

Take Stewart Downing, reportedly on £70,000 per week but despite an improved second half of last season, not viewed as a key player and could be even less so this season after new arrivals. If the right bid arrived, it would make sense to sell him.

Another high value departure this summer has been Andy Carroll, on a reported £85,000 per week.

Add in the sale of Jonjo Shelvey, imminent departures of Ousamma Assaidi and Jay Spearing and you have a total of all those who have left the club this summer of around half a million pounds per week. Over £20m per year.

This follows on from last year were high-earners Alberto Aquilani (£90k), Joe Cole (£90k), Dirk Kuyt (£70k), Maxi (£70k), Craig Bellamy (£70K) and Charlie Adam (£50k) have also left the club. Add that together and the total amount saved per week following departures in the last year is closer to one million pounds.

Of course, Liverpool have signed players during this time and given improved contracts to key players such as Luis Suarez, Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard. The point is that those three are on contracts that are in accordance with their place within the squad.

Wow...just wow.

Remember what owner John Henry wrote in his open letter to the fans almost a year ago:

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

We will never place this club in the precarious position that we found it in when we took over at Anfield. This club should never again run up debts that threaten its existence.

Overall, its encouraging and we are on the right track.

This however should of been done a long time ago.

Edit: And just to top it off....

d645f270a0faec42432c845bbf9343ea.jpg

I'll be happy if we are run properly and not spending untold millions on shite. The problem comes when you don't make top 4 or win trophies. I'm still prepared to give it a couple of seasons in order to build the club in a sustainable manner but most fans aren't. If FSG want to sell I'm ok with that. If they sell to a band of murdering robbing fascist cunts with pots of dirty money, I won't be happy with that although I suspect most fans won't give a shit.

Ho hum.

I'll be happy if we are run properly and not spending untold millions on shite. The problem comes when you don't make top 4 or win trophies. I'm still prepared to give it a couple of seasons in order to build the club in a sustainable manner but most fans aren't. If FSG want to sell I'm ok with that. If they sell to a band of murdering robbing fascist cunts with pots of dirty money, I won't be happy with that although I suspect most fans won't give a shit.

Ho hum.

Surely FSG are taking us in the right direction.

I mean what would the alternative be? G&H?

Been there, didn't work out so well.

There's a link in the post, click on the figure. It takes you to a breakdown I did of transfers in and out under FSG, backed up by Echo reports of the fees.

Ay?

So you are not including the standard chartered sponsorship money, the warrior deal or the TV rights money? All record deals for the club.

I didnt, but I did add in the net wage which obviously we are massively up on since they took over the club.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ay?

So you are not including the standard chartered sponsorship money, the warrior deal or the TV rights money? All record deals for the club.

You're taking into account deals they've made to increase revenue into account with the transfer net spend. Hmn, okay. On transfers, they've spent about 90m net in the time they've been here.

As for the net wage, I'd certainly like to see your workings. Although, if you're taking off the amount we've saved in wages and taking it off the net spend, I sure hope you're not in charge of anybody's accounts!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
At the end of August, he will be smoking that cigar inside his new boat bought with scouse money and he'll be sailing to the Caribbean, while Venticinco Puta will be spouting his revisionist FSG worshipping on line.

Out of interest, how many millions has he earned from the club?