You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Fucking oil billionaires? If that happens I think I'm about done with footie. The whole thing is just turning into a joke if we end up in that situation.

Where's the challenge any more if we end up like that? It's just turning into oil barons playing around with football teams like toys.

I suppose the FFP rules could rescue football if they actually decide to enforce those rules properly, but that's still to be seen isn't it? It's not as if 89mil so far of City spending without any questioning of what's going on is giving confidence on that front.

I had faith, and still try to retain some of it, that Henry is a decent guy that wants to turn us into a properly ran and successful football club again. I really thought he cared. I guess that's delusion for you if this is true.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Club for sale according to reports going round on twitter, its on the Mail site but quotes that fucking rag so I wont be linking to it

350m and its all yours.

The DM is reporting this as the scum as the source. Do we really think that FSG would leak this story to that rag.

Saudi Aramco, worlds richest company, who make 1b dollars a day from oil sales alone are one of the interested parties apparently, plus two groups of yanks

Saudi Aramco, fuck me, please please please be true.

Any pretentious fool that would be against this needs to wake the fuck up and realise what modern football has become.

You would soon shut up once we won the League again.

Saudi Aramco, fuck me, please please please be true.

Any pretentious fool that would be against this needs to wake the fuck up and realise what modern football has become.

You would soon shut up once we won the League again.

It's not true. Made up story by the scum rag, which doesn't surprise me.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 58m

FSG statement contd: "We have had no meetings with anyone about a sale ... any suggestion of a sale is fabrication."

It's not true. Made up story by the scum rag, which doesn't surprise me.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 58m

FSG statement contd: "We have had no meetings with anyone about a sale ... any suggestion of a sale is fabrication."

It could be true - if it is I would expect a response like that, well until the deal was signed sealed and delivered anyway. I don't think any fan would be arsed about them going. They're not exactly interested in us and they aren't prepared to put any of their own money in to make he club genuine title contenders. Th only good thing that have done is rationalise the debt and make us easier to sell.

It could be true - if it is I would expect a response like that, well until the deal was signed sealed and delivered anyway. I don't think any fan would be arsed about them going. They're not exactly interested in us and they aren't prepared to put any of their own money in to make he club genuine title contenders. Th only good thing that have done is rationalise the debt and make us easier to sell.

I would actually be concerned about FSG going now, so I may be in the minority. They have put money in. How that money was spent, was the issue.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It would be strange to sell for 350m, considering they'd make no profit. Richest company buying us? Ok.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I love all the people getting in digs about not spending money this window. We've spent out on four players, with the only reason for a low net spend is selling a player we'd previously paid 35m for. There's also five more weeks of the transfer window left. Get the bitching in before things change.

It would be strange to sell for 350m, considering they'd make no profit. Richest company buying us? Ok.

I'd be very surprised if any of these rumours were anything but complete nonsense at the moment.

Further down the line it's entirely plausible they will sell up, personally if I had to place a bet I'd say they'll be gone before any stadium plans are ever implemented.

That's not a criticism, they're an investment group and I still struggle to see a profit for them out of us, even allowing for increased TV and marketing revenues. They're not that weathly in absolute terms and I suspect establishing us back at the top table in football might prove to be too rich for them.

In financial terms they've been pretty reasonable owners to date, we appear to have been alllowed to spend everything we generate plus a steady if relatively modest net investment. It wouldn't be fair to compare them to G&H.

Unfortunately football financing is an arms race at present and a sustainable model based around living within our means will probably add up to little more than a managed decline. The gap between ourselves and the top teams widening each year. The hope of FFP protecting FSG and allowing sustainable development without significant investment receding every transfer window.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Barry Wom? Neil G?

Can I have 2 marks for 2 answers?

And they'd have got it spot on, now we've definitely been sold. You can only take your hat off to them for such foresight.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd be very surprised if any of these rumours were anything but complete nonsense at the moment.

Further down the line it's entirely plausible they will sell up' date=' personally if I had to place a bet I'd say they'll be gone before any stadium plans are ever implemented.

That's not a criticism, they're an investment group and I still struggle to see a profit for them out of us, even allowing for increased TV and marketing revenues. They're not that weathly in absolute terms and I suspect establishing us back at the top table in football might prove to be too rich for them.

In financial terms they've been pretty reasonable owners to date, we appear to have been alllowed to spend everything we generate plus a steady if relatively modest net investment. It wouldn't be fair to compare them to G&H.

Unfortunately football financing is an arms race at present and a sustainable model based around living within our means will probably add up to little more than a managed decline. The gap between ourselves and the top teams widening each year. The hope of FFP protecting FSG and allowing sustainable development without significant investment receding every transfer window.[/quote']

Good post, mate. If and when they sell, it'll be for more than 350m, we will be back in the CL (and with the revenues they bring), and the stadium will, at a minimum, have both planning and funding in place. Unless some crazy gazillionaire oligarch just decided to throw 5 or 6 hundred million at them. Why would they sell otherwise? All this quick sale stuff is nonsense.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I am sure they're ready to sell.

If they get an offer which will provide them with' date=' say, 25% return on their overall investment, they'd take it. This has been the case for some time imo.[/quote']

If somebody came in with a bid matching what they could realistically make 5 or 10 years down the line, sure. They'd almost certainly sell.

It'd have to be somebody not looking to make money, though. A plaything for a rich man.

If somebody came in with a bid matching what they could realistically make 5 or 10 years down the line' date=' sure. They'd almost certainly sell.

It'd have to be somebody not looking to make money, though. A plaything for a rich man.[/quote']

I think that without top 4, and significant investment in infrastructure, we are at or around the high water mark in terms of the clubs value. If the situation persists over 5 years, it is likely that we will be worth less, and in 10 years, I'm sure that will be the case.

But we are investing in players and infrastructure' date=' so I'd not worry too much about that.[/quote']

Hmmm. I'm not sure there's any tangible evidence of that. That's not to say that they're screwing us, I don't believe that. But I am not sure that they have demonstrated the required commitment to invest to turn us into a credible top 4 challenging team, and to transform Anfield into a competitive stadium in terms of revenue.

Talk however, is very competitively priced. Under promise and over deliver? No danger of either of those being true just yet. Having said that, we're not into August, so all of this could change quickly.

I'm not foaming at the mouth a la Coro, but I do hold a healthy scepticism.

And I do believe they are open to offers now, and have been for many months.

Sadly, rumours like this dont just appear on their own, something has be leaked to allow it to be out there.

Totally agree with this bit, compared to the last idiots, FSG are absolute angels, the thing is though, many people thought as they were the saviours, they would come in and do everything like a russian billionaire.

Too many forget how much they have actually done, debt free, spending as much as we can/could given the financially shallow pockets we as a club have.

I want it all and I want it now, is sadly the modern fan, forget they are americans and dont really have a clue about football or clubs of our stature, they have had to learn quickly, and in the most part, have done alright.

Would we want a sugar daddy? surely that would go against everything this club is/was?

We slate citeh and the chavs for buying the league, and as much as I would love to get back up there, I dont want it to be at the expense of what made us.

Guest davelfc

I'm not worried about these owners, I worry about the next ones. FSG have the benefit of having followed a right pair of cunts, had they taken over initially when moores (insert long rambling tirade against that tard) cashed his pieces of silver, then they might have been judged differently. Then again, there's far too many variables to judge that one.

I have my opinion of them and their appointments and I'm tired of expressing them or arguing them.