You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Since when was spending 20-30m plus sales an unreasonable expectation? The clubs makes far more in its commercial deals and TV rights and should easily be able to afford it.

Sugar daddy clubs spend that much on one player.

Spending 20 to 30 above revenues is what I was alluding to. Are we at net spend discussion time again?

If you follow the argument of speculate to accumulate, the question, as ever, is where is the money to come from?

The owners aren't philanthropists, they want a return in the long run, and if we spent big and then failed to make the top four and tap into the CL revenue stream, then all we're left with is debt that needs to be repaid. From adding money into the kitty, it isn't unreasonable to think FSG might consider taking it at that point.

I was hoping the new tv deal money would at least get spent on top of any sales and wages saved.

I expected us to spend at least 35m on top of sales this summer. Normally id expect about 25m but factoring in the tv deal and our new commercial deals, I think we could cover an extra 10-15m net spend.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What are you on about?

I'm on about your utter bullshit.

You thought that I was saying something I wasn't

No I didn't.

namely that if FSG were offered a choice between several repayment arrangements, they might choose one that was utterly stupid and would damage us.

No.

I asked you if that's what you thought I was saying. You confirmed it was.

No I didn't.

I explained to you that I wasn't saying it, and that therefore you'd made a mistake, otherwise known as "getting the wrong end of the stick." You didn't acknowledge that mistake.

That's because I didn't make a mistake.

That's about the size of it, as far as I can make out. It wouldn't even have bothered me if you hadn't used such OTT terms when misrepresenting my position – "fucking ourselves for the fun of it", "needlessly throwing money down the drain", "short term thinking has got us this far, what could possibly go wrong" – but there we are. You mentioned civility – civility would have been a simple "ok, I get what you're saying now."

I stand by every word I said.

Unless… you still think I was saying what I said I thought you thought I was saying and that I then said I wasn't saying. Or you thought I was saying something else altogether. I don't really know. Or care. I'm ready to knock this on the head whenever you are.

About five fucking posts ago before your shitty remarks. You know, when I said I'd leave it because it would bog us down. That was when I was ready to knock it on the head.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why not? Is it for convenience. How can a fan not be devoted. Fuck it I must be missing something.

Apologies

A devoted supporter of FSG. Coro was asking, sort of, what my excuse for being a blindly devoted supporter of FSG was.

A devoted supporter of FSG. Coro was asking, sort of, what my excuse for being a blindly devoted supporter of FSG was.

OK fair enough. For me they aren't too bad as far as I can make out. Me lad on the other hand think's they're bang at it. Managed decline he reckons.

Just hope we hit the ground running early on and take it from there.

Dread to think what will happen if we get off to a piss poor start.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
OK fair enough. For me they aren't too bad as far as I can make out. Me lad on the other hand think's they're bang at it. Managed decline he reckons.

I've got to be honest, that's the thing I'm dreading. If we start poorly, the pressure is going to be on. Still, I think we're in a much better position going in to this season than last. I just hope that shows in the results.

The problem with that is they don't benefit from managed decline.

They only benefit by building up the stadium and (to an extent) the team, so they can sell us on for a profit a few years down the line.

People seem to forget that the odd ten million here and there is fuck all to the people who own FSG.

How much do we really have to spend,surely they are going to pay some of our debt ,which is what anybody know ?? ,we all think we have this amount to spend but in reality no one knows how a football club is run, ie agent fees signing on fees where does this come out of must be the transfer kitty.

Have just logged onto The Liverpool Way after a time away. Used to be the most intelligent forum out there, that's why I used it - hasn't turned into a depressing slagging match has it.....

No it fucking hasn't!!

It's stupid,clueless,classless,lazy,wool,wum, out of towner posts like this that ruin it....

Henry, Werner and co. have remained visible in Boston to appease Red Sox fans.

Henry remains visible because he is a fan of the Red Sox, buying the team was the fulfillment of one of his dreams, as was bankrolling them to win the World Series and break the legendary curse of the Bambino.

LFC have never and will never be anything more than an addition to his sports portfolio, hence his lack of visibility and passion.

...and anyone who thinks the new TV money is going into the transfer kitty forgets one of the main reasons that FSG bought LFC.

The TV revenue is also why I don't think FSG is planning on selling the club anytime soon if ever.

Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but do we forget the days under G&H, and who got us away from that.

who was it that sacked Roy and brought the King back, backing his regime with over £100million.

This aint a pro FSG post as the way they sacked the King pissed us all off, but guys, they want us to succeed, if there were buyers out there, they would step forward, I believe we back their ruling, back the manager and team and if all they are interested in is money, it will be when we are in the CL, at our peak.

Saudi Aramco, worlds richest company, who make 1b dollars a day from oil sales alone are one of the interested parties apparently, plus two groups of yanks

Yank "Billionaires" interested in Liverpool, I've heard this before.... It's gonna be a bunch of loan arrangers again, who make money by running "sport franchises".

Saudi Aramco on the other hand makes Gazprom look poor.

Saudi Aramco's value has been estimated at up to US$10 trillion in the Financial Times, making it the world's most valuable company.[6][7][8]