You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

After spending £80m on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam, I'd have been alarmed if they gave Kenny any more money to waste.

Yeah.

But, for me, the acid test for them was this summer. I feel they need(ed) to back Rodgers strongly. Obviously there's still time and I still hope they will.

It's true - they argued there was no value in the January market, then sanctioned the coutinho and sturridge deals 12 months later.

Anyway, even if i concede that half point they're still on a pretty poor 4/10.

But Kenny also said he was happy with the players he had and pointed out quite early that the club did not intend to sign any players in that window.

But Kenny also said he was happy with the players he had and pointed out quite early that the club did not intend to sign any players in that window.

Kenny is a diplomatic man and probably wanted to keep his job. He wouldn't lower himself to begging for funds via the media.

They have gone MIA at key times transfer wise, but they deserve credit for funding as much transfer business as they have given the lack of CL revenue. That merits more than a paltry 0.5. +1 for me.

And kit designs to monetize the asian market. 60 new retail outlets in Indonesia last week. They are at least following though on that part of their promise. +1 for me.

So that brings them up to -2 on my scale. :P

Your really complimenting them on the marketing in Indonesia? Yes the playing side really benefits from those shops, in the mean time we coast along mid table and now apparently selling our best players to rivals. At least there is the shops though, which will be deserted once Indonesia realises how fast we are becoming also rans.

After spending £80m on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam, I'd have been alarmed if they gave Kenny any more money to waste.

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll,'' Henry told the Guardian, explaining they simply wanted a difference of £15million.

"The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle. Those prices could have been £35million [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20million [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way.''

Kenny wasn't alone in this,not by far.FSG probably felt that a young (Moneyball) player + £ 15 mill was a very good business-deal

Your really complimenting them on the marketing in Indonesia? Yes the playing side really benefits from those shops, in the mean time we coast along mid table and now apparently selling our best players to rivals. At least there is the shops though, which will be deserted once Indonesia realises how fast we are becoming also rans.

I wasn't really complimenting them as much as pointing out where they've exceeded by subterranean expectations.

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll,'' Henry told the Guardian, explaining they simply wanted a difference of £15million.

"The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle. Those prices could have been £35million [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20million [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way.''

Kenny wasn't alone in this,not by far.FSG probably felt that a young (Moneyball) player + £ 15 mill was a very good business-deal

Henry went on TV and said this pretty clear that the fee for carrol was fuck all to do with Kenny he merely gave his opinion to Commoli tha....... FUCK THIS SHIT AGAIN

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What about the £70 million he raised in selling players

I'm not entirely sure that anybody should get praised for selling Torres.

Firstly, I'd like to think we weren't stupid enough to actually negotiate that way and that Henry was just trying to justify a deal that, even at the time, looked absurdly overpriced. Secondly, Moneyball is all about extracting value from the market by using statistics to discover undervalued players, which is the complete opposite of what we did under Kenny and Comolli. Spending £35m on a player who was worth about £8m six months earlier, based on a run of good form, is NOT a Moneyball signing.

Our transfer strategy under Comolli was seemingly to sign players in a career-best run of form, when their price was at an all-time high, thus ensuring we got the least possible value for our money. I'm still waiting for evidence to appear proving that Comolli was in fact actively trying to destroy Liverpool, there's almost no other explanation for the level of incompetence and negligent spending he showed.

Good post Jesse, told like it actually happened, finally..

Cuppatea and the rest of the beauts go and find another stick..

Good post Jesse, told like it actually happened, finally..

Cuppatea and the rest of the beauts go and find another stick..

You're a bad mong if you think that's actually how this deal worked.

Chelsea: "Okay, we'll pay £50m for Torres but we're not going any higher than that."

Liverpool: "Oh hang on a minute lads, Newcastle are only asking £10m for Carroll now so just give us £25m for Torres and that'll do it."

Or maybe FSG really are a bunch of even bigger mongs than you (they'd have to be to negotiate a deal in such a unbelievably fucking stupid manner).

Worse than Mike Ashley and Randy Lerner? Try comparing notes with Villa and Newcastle supporters (especially the latter).

They're not great but they're far from the worst.

One of my best mates supports Newcastle, actually doesn't mind Ashley. Mainly because he cleared the club's debt.

Lerner spent fuckloads to start with. Unfortunately it was O'Neill doing the spending.