You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Is Reina's one of these wages that overhang in your opinion ?

We're not looking to get Reina off the books, are we? I can't think of any other players left over from Rafa or Hodgson who are on exorbitant wages and I don't know who of Kenny's signing are overpaid. Then again, I don't know what Downing, Carroll, Henderson or Enrique are on.

Cole to West Ham looks more like a loan deal, if the reports are true.

Not true. Apparently you can't loan 2 players from the same club in a year, read somewhere earlier. So looks like a sale with us paying him off.

Seem to remember Leeds were still paying Kewell when he was playing with us? Swings and roundabouts.

Liverpool were the leading force in English soccer in the years

before the Premier League and, despite underachieving in

recent times, remain among the world’s best-supported teams.

Transatlantic commercial duo Billy Hogan and Olly Dale explain

how the club is reaching out to a global fanbase which is hungry

for success but loyal to the cause.

Mersey tide

By Eoin Connolly. Photographs by Graham Fudger.

Mersey Tide: Liverpool Football Club’s plans for expansion - Notes & Insights - SportsPro Media sports blog - SportsPro Media

Long ass pdf file, had to sign up to download the ting, well worth a read, if anyone really wants me to post the whole article let me know and i will..

I wouldn't mind some of this extra tv money being used on extending Anfield.

I kind of agree. I think we should spend some of that TV money before we get it, so now and in the next transfer window, after that, we should limit ourselves to 1 transfer per window, and put the money not spent on transfers towards the stadium so we can get it built as quickly and with as little debt as possible.

Guest San Don
I wouldn't mind some of this extra tv money being used on extending Anfield.

That extra tv money will end up in the hands of agents and players.

That extra tv money will end up in the hands of agents and players.

Exactly my point mate, so why don't the owners do something useful with it and build for the future. The money is going to be mental so it'd be a good idea to try and bring some more in.

From the link and the pdf above, Joint venture with London Business School, south east Asian market, Nigeria, Honda, sponsors from everywhere, etc..

Exciting stuff. All this business is associated with the success on the pitch. That's what ultimately created all these opportunites they are currently exploring and exploiting . Sponsors won't be paying top money for a midtable mediocrity for very long. Football is not basketball or baseball.

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have no interest in Dutch star Wesley Sneijder - but managing director Ian Ayre insists the club have the finances in place to make any signings they want.

:wallbutt:

Theres no way thats an official press release, it looks small time as fuck.

Just a couple of things:

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have no interest in Dutch star Wesley Sneijder - but managing director Ian Ayre insists the club have the finances in place to make any signings they want.

:wallbutt:

If you stopped bashing your head against the wall for just a minute and read the Sky article, you'd find that Ayre has NOT said we can sign anybody we want. Ayre's abilities in certain key areas are definitely a cause for concern, but his quotes in that article are basically the same as what Arsenal's top people have been saying for years now. I'm not suggesting that what he actually said was the best thing to say or that I particularly agree with it being the way to do things, but it is not fair to castigate him for claims he didn't actually make.

This extends to the idea of Sneijder being ruled out as a potential signing. There have been no actual quotes from anyone at the club specifically to state this. I'm not suggesting we are or aren't in for him because I myself don't know, but the suggestion that Sneijder has been ruled out as a target is merely a conclusion drawn from actual quotes by the likes of Ayre and Rodgers that we are looking for the best deals, at the right price, that bring value to the club, preferably for young and hungry players, and that we'll only do perhaps one or two deals (Sturridge having been completed already). Sneijder being ostracised at Inter due to a pay dispute has been claimed by journalists as the reason no deal will be done because his pay demands wouldn't represent the 'value' we are after, and his age is implied to count him out as the sort of 'young and hungry' signing we would look for. As I said (to borrow from Rodgers for a moment!), it is a conclusion drawn up based on what is supposedly understood about the club's transfer policy and Sneijder's situation at Inter, rather than any direct denials from club hierarchy.

There is much to criticise FSG and Ayre, but this specific instance is far from near the top of that list.

If you want to carry on bashing that wall, there are a few bricks here and there which you've missed. Carry on.

Castrodale: The guy who ruined Red Sox, Liverpool

Jelisa Castrodale

updated 11:12 am. EDT Sep. 13, 2012

On Sunday night, the first episode of "Being: Liverpool" airs on FOX Soccer, a Clive Owen-narrated series that will introduce America to Liverpool Football Club. The club's transition from storied Premier League franchise to transatlantic reality show has been advertised with overly dramatic promos that seem to promise "Hard Knocks" without the helmets, and the thickest accents since "This is Honey Boo Boo."

But unlike its HBO counterpart, "Being: Liverpool" unfolds during the season, which means that viewers can watch the Reds lose their opener to West Brom, then learn that manager Brendan Rodgers has a dog named Lola.

In the premiere, Rodgers meets Boston Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine, mentioning that he saw the Sox lose at Fenway Park (which narrows it down to, like, 42 different games) and Valentine immediately swears hard enough that his entire lower jaw is covered with a blurred circle. It's a staged scene designed for LOLZ, like "OMG LOOK HOW DIFFERENT 'MERICA IS FROM BRITLAND!" but their entire encounter might as well be a spinoff called "Real World: Fenway Sports Group."

The Reds and the Red Sox are fighting for the ventricles of FSG owner John W. Henry's heart, and they both desperately need his full attention. Both teams are making the wrong kind of history, the kind that requires repeated use of the phrase "the worst season since." The Red Sox are 64-79 — last place in the AL East — and are on pace to have the worst season since 1992. (If they won all of their remaining games, it would still be their lowest win total for a decade).

In May, Liverpool finished their worst Premier League season since 1993-94; this year, they're winless through their first three matches and off to the worst start since Ringo Starr joined some local band called The Beatles.

With the controversies and challenges of owning two struggling teams in two sports that are two passport stamps apart, Henry is stretched thinner than Dustin Pedroia's hair follicles. In three weeks, Boston's season will be dragged behind the barn and Old Yeller-ed out of existence, which might give him more time to focus on Liverpool. In my mind, that's what he needs to do.

And then FSG will put the Red Sox up for sale.

I know there's a greater chance that Valentine will be mismanaging Boston's lineup again next year than there is of FSG listing the Sox on, like Rich People Craigslist, but that could be the best solution for both teams. Boston and Liverpool are on opposite ends of serious overhauls: Liverpool changed managers and emptied the front office during their brief offseason and — if anyone paid attention to what I whispered when I blew out my birthday candles — Boston will do the same. Valentine will go back to keeping Stamford, Conn. safe, Larry Lucchino can be released into the wild and the team will finally, completely be placed in the capable hands of rookie GM Ben Cherington.

Both teams say they're refocusing on player development and overall rebuilding and some of their recent decisions have reflected that. Liverpool resisted the urge to load up on expensive players (or, um, any players) at the transfer deadline and are — at least temporarily — saving $128,852 per week by shoving overpriced, underachieving Andy Carroll (think Carl Crawford with a ponytail) to London club West Ham. Last month Boston dumped a quarter-billion dollars in payroll and lost 6-foot-5-inches of bad attitude when they emptied their lineup card into Los Angeles' dugout.

That's a good start, but rebuilding takes more than a single season as supporters of both teams are about to find out. And, when you have an owner like Henry who wants to be involved in the day-to-day activities, the current situation doesn't work, not when Liverpool's day is half-over by the time Boston's starts.

Henry bought Liverpool two years ago, saving it from bankruptcy at the hands of its previous American owners who spent like white girls on a LuluLemon binge. Since then, he's faced Stateside criticism that he's too focused on the Reds, accused of everything from being cheap with Boston to fund his football club to spelling humor with a 'u' (I'm just guessing about that last part.) The truth is, he's not spending enough time there.

Liverpool is the kind of long-term project that needs his full attention, and not just through intermittent appearances at Anfield or 800-word emails where he admits that he's still not sure what he's doing. That's largely how Henry has placated his twinterests over the past few weeks: by writing letters. He sent several paragraphs to the Boston press to defend what he's doing with the Sox (namely not firing Valentine), then a month later, writing an "open letter" to Liverpool supporters, trying to justify what he isn't doing there.

"Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years," he wrote to Reds fans. "We will invest to succeed. But we will not mortgage the future with risky spending."

Henry has said since Day 1 he wasn't going to blindly throw dollars at the team ("I don't have 'Sheik' in front of my name," he said, which was a sick burn of Manchester City's free-spending, Shiek Mansour). He also promised to be "smart, bold and aggressive" but so far that looks like a multiple choice question. This season could be defined by the fact that Henry let the transfer window slam on his manicured cuticles and Liverpool doesn't have anything to show for it, other than a Carroll-shaped space on their depth chart and a renewed interest in jokes about their $56 million disappointment. (Like … why won't a restaurant name a sandwich after Andy Carroll? Because nobody wants an expensive sub. SEE? SOCCER IS HILARIOUS).

Despite a lengthy flirtation with American-born, then-Fulham based Clint Dempsey, Henry chose not to sign him. The difference between what he was willing to pay and what Tottenham eventually offered was $3.2 million — or a net $1.6 million if he factored in the money West Ham pays to rent Carroll. Regardless, it seemed like a lack of communication between Rodgers and Henry led to what could become a serious deficiency in their "strike force," as Henry put it, and one that might've been handled differently if Henry had been more involved. Instead, from now until mid-May, every prayer launched skyward from the L4 postcode will end with "And don't let our one striker, Luis Suarez, ever get hurt. Amen."

What's done is done but the Kop — the LFC faithful — can't help but feel slighted when they read those quotes from Henry where he admits that baseball "is a 365-day-a-year sport for [the management team.]" So enjoy Leap Year, LFC! "Our commitment to winning is unabated," he wrote, because apparently people use words like that.

But who, exactly, is winning right now? It's not either team. It's not either of their equally passionate fan bases who are both jealous and suspicious of the other, like step-kids forced to share the backseat of a car: "DAD! HE'S ON MY SIDE AND YOU LOVE HIM MORE AND HE'S WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS LIKE A NEW STADIUM OR DANIEL STURRIDGE!"

Henry should focus on one team and he needs to do it soon, before "Being: Liverpool" is followed by Being: Forgotten, Being: An Afterthought or Being: Relegated.

Jelisa Castrodale has learned a lot about life by making a mess of her own. Read more at jelisacastrodale.com, follow her on twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/gordonshumway, or contact her at jacastrodale@gmail.com

Castrodale: The guy who ruined Red Sox, Liverpool | NBC Sports

Terrible owners brilliant at PR

They need to fuck off,we don't tolerate shite players even though their not rapists.So we shouldn't tolerate shite owners just because their not cancer and aids.

Supporters like you should fuck off :yes:

Even though you're not a rapist.