You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Rodgers (and Kenny) praised them for keeping in daily contact. Whether or not they're at the game is of very little consequence. As long as they back the manager with funds - are they not just there to 'sign the cheques'? - then I don't see too much of an issue.

They're not just there to sign the cheques. I've never liked that Shankly quote.

They're also there to protect the reputation and image of the club, and to ensure that the people they appoint to positions of responsibility at the club are the best available. On both counts they've failed miserably so far.

So money is being made available from the earliest possible moment to effect January transfer business, but let's bump a negative thread about the owners after a disappointing loss, something which they couldn't possibly do anything about since the very well documented (look at this fucking thread!) disappointment of the last deadline day.

Have a go at Rodgers' tactics or the players' effort against Stoke, but venting against the owners each and every time there is a loss is a bit pointless, isn't it?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Have a go at Rodgers' tactics or the players' effort against Stoke, but venting against the owners each and every time there is a loss is a bit pointless, isn't it?

Same people, same shit, different day.

Venting against the owners each and every time there is a loss is a bit pointless, isn't it?

Many things can seem a bit pointless in the face of the fact that we're all going to die.

Venting against people venting against the owners on a football forum, however, is a fine and laudable activity, which will probably increase the sum total of happiness in the world.

They're not just there to sign the cheques. I've never liked that Shankly quote.

They're also there to protect the reputation and image of the club, and to ensure that the people they appoint to positions of responsibility at the club are the best available. On both counts they've failed miserably so far.

They are fantastic - off the charts really - on the stuff previous owners have been criminally crap at that has put us behind the curve.

They do desperately need to get some formidable four star boots on the ground pronto.

They are fantastic - off the charts really - on the stuff previous owners have been criminally crap at that has put us behind the curve.

They do desperately need to get some formidable four star boots on the ground pronto.

Doing a better job than David Moores is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Didn't we start doing a lot better commercially under H&G? Only we didn't notice it because the profits were all swallowed up by the debt repayments.

I'm not holding my breath on them appointing more competent people to run the club, not when they've had Ayre as de facto CEO for two years.

Guest davelfc
In the email sent to his fellow directors Broughton, Ian Ayre and Philip Nash on 15 September 2010, Purslow wrote: "To get it straight, I think we should avoid the natural temptation to jump straight in to the deal with NESV. Whilst they are charming, intelligent and credible their bid is by any standards at the extreme bottom end of the 'right deal' threshold we set for ourselves: it only reduces debt by less than half and is I feel unlikely to yield incremental equity to fund a stadium.

"They may say they have money if necessary but I do not take this very seriously. Their eyes only lit up at the idea of other opportunity improvements. An American deal guy simply can't avoid using other people's money if they can.

Christian Purslow: NESV's Liverpool bid a 'bottom of the barrel' deal | Football | The Guardian

They may not know much about football, running a big football club, appointing a manager, appointing a decent CEO, speaking up when the club needs it, backing their staff, dealing with the fans.. But they certainly know how many beans make five, (It's 5) and how to add to that.

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you about the scale of impact the ownership is having on the pitch, it doesn't mean they can't see the bigger picture or are totally ignorant of how off-the-pitch issues impact on-the-pitch issues.

Not agreeing with you doesn't make somebody ignorant.

It's seemingly ignorance when there is no explanation for their disagreement. Don't generalise when I was speaking to one poster in particular.

For a facile creature like you to be attempting to lecture anyone is truly laughable.

Your bare faced hypocrisy is something to behold. Tell us James, how have you gone from blind pessimism to blind optimism in the space of just a few months?

Oh son of Thatcher why do these businessmen get so much benefit of the doubt from you?

I really do hope that FSG get it, that they are telling the truth and that they will invest in our manager to get it right, build us a new ground and and respect our history. I like what they have said and understand it.

I just have a nagging doubt. Having worked for US companies, they're (as a rule) lying bastards. They do things by matrices - formulae that they believe a business should match to be successful. In the case of FSG they may well be applying a matrix to a business they have no understanding of. If it fails they will then look to maximise their profit by a sale and then fuck off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's seemingly ignorance when there is no explanation for their disagreement. Don't generalise when I was speaking to one poster in particular.

For a facile creature like you to be attempting to lecture anyone is truly laughable.

Your bare faced hypocrisy is something to behold. Tell us James' date=' how have you gone from blind pessimism to blind optimism in the space of just a few months?

Oh son of Thatcher why do these businessmen get so much benefit of the doubt from you?[/quote']

Boring.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is it?

Yep. 'It' being your return to the usual insult routine. It's pretty tired.

What you getting involved for then?

Not a clever thing to do.

Involved. Hmm. I guess that's one way of looking at a dismissive, one-word reply.

Yep. 'It' being your return to the usual insult routine. It's pretty tired.

Involved. Hmm. I guess that's one way of looking at a dismissive, one-word reply.

This from the person who is consistent with his use of insults. Your grammar goes all wonky when you get excited calling the likes of Shoepiss or Piscinin or Anubis because they don't quite agree with your 'perspective' then going for more general terms like 'hideous cunts' to describe most of the forum after the reaction to a poor result yet you hardly covered yourself in glory last year when we were winning games.

This lofty perch you've erected for yourself, what's it built on? I wasn't talking about your dismissive reply more the one prior to that, you phony pony.

Tsk

Heh. Another utter nobody thinking they're somebody. As I said: boring.

At least you're consistent, eh.

That's one flimsy perch you've got going on for yourself.

Will you two lovebirds starting fucking PMing each other? I would suggest putting each other on ignore but you obviously love interacting with each other.

Its fucking tiresome reading your tiffs in every thread.

Thanks.