You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Didn't Rodgers say in a press conference that we were very short in numbers and that he'd be nuts to loan Carroll and have no replacement coming in.

Well the people who hired him exposed him tonight. I feel for him. The FSG brigate with their on line worshippers are gonna make everything his fault during the upcoming season.

That's how I feel.

This 100 million thing makes it seem like FSG paved the streets with gold and we pissed and shit on it. 60/70 million of that came straight out of the team from selling players, the rest was money the club itself had generated. They bought a team that finished 7th and had been decimated by its former owners, it needed investment it demanded it they done nothing other than get the club to pay for its own band aid. Yes we used the funds we had badly even that shouldn't justify underspending when it's desperately needed. We needed a striker and it's incompetent that we never got one, to be so strict to a budget that will be ever dwindling if we don't get success leads us down the path to shit creek. What happens in the next few years a team full of loaned players and a club worth fuck all because of it. Do our best players leave because the club shows no ambition. Unless Rodgers is a genius we will never push on.

They told us to take them on their actions and not on their words. Well their actions have just spoken volumes. They're good at leaving their employees in the shit, they've shown us that a few times know, that's a certainty.

I want them gone. I was teetering for a couple of months, but last night tipped me over the edge.

Bunch of frauds.

completely agree, I couldn't sleep because I was so angry! Deep down instinctively I knew this would happen.

This 100 million thing makes it seem like FSG paved the streets with gold and we pissed and shit on it. 60/70 million of that came straight out of the team from selling players, the rest was money the club itself had generated. They bought a team that finished 7th and had been decimated by its former owners, it needed investment it demanded it they done nothing other than get the club to pay for its own band aid. Yes we used the funds we had badly even that shouldn't justify underspending when it's desperately needed. We needed a striker and it's incompetent that we never got one, to be so strict to a budget that will be ever dwindling if we don't get success leads us down the path to shit creek. What happens in the next few years a team full of loaned players and a club worth fuck all because of it. Do our best players leave because the club shows no ambition. Unless Rodgers is a genius we will never push on.

You can not really argue against these points. I really don't understand why some of our fans don't get this! Good post btw!

You mean like how they put 'cash up front' to back Dalglish? Like how we are going to benefit from that in the future? If I had given a manager close to 100 mill to spend and it was spent on absolute rubbish that could financially hamper the club for years, then why the fuck would I do it again?

Kenny and Commoli making all those mistakes is exactly the reason why they aren't going out and stumping that money up again. You don't just waste 100 mill on crap, then go out and front up another 100 mill to fix it. Unless you actually do want to end up like Leeds.

A good portion of that 100 mill was there because of player sales, shit half of it was from Torres (who I still say we should have told to shut the fuck up and stay, despite his overall lack of form for Chelsea) alone and then we spunked more than half of that on a player we just gave away for a year.

It's all well and good resting on past laurels but the playing squad is in dire need of investment. No one is asking them to pay hundreds of millions for players like Messi or those close to him but if we can't pay an extra 2 million for clint fucking dempsey then there is a problem. I don't even rate Dempsey like that (surprising though it may seem given I'm an American) but he's better than no one at all.

No one wants to end up like leeds but problems need rectifying when they're created. The owners allowed Kenny and Commolli to spend money, you'd think they would back their own man, that they hired, with the same. I'm not even asking for 100 million pounds spent I'm asking for them to fill the requirements of the fucking squad. Surely there are strikers that actually exist available for about 10-15m. Instead we have two strikers, one of which is definitely more comfortable outwide and the other of which I haven't seen enough to tell but from what I have seen is also comfortable cutting in from outwide moreso than being the out and out center of the forward three.

FSG also hired Commoli as a safety net to help them understand the value of a player to the team and financially, he turned out to be the biggest fuck up getting dry bummed then arsed to mouth on every single deal, they burnt their own fingers.

I'd love Kenny to update his book to give us a better insight into his second stint but I've got a feeling he has too much class to do anything other than take full responsibility.

"Cash up front to back Dalglish", that isn't true. We arsed about for months with Ajax over Suarez infact we pretty much insulted them with our offer, as soon as we sold Torres bang it was done the owners suddenly felt comfortable with it because the cash was now available and not at the risk of being from them actually investing in their investment, then with Carrol henry himself said Carrol was always going to be whatever we got for Torres minus 15 million, a fucking deluded way to do deals. Their huge first window was the club getting to spend its own money.

I sacked off the weetos for my breakfast this morning and i am currently eating a rather large slice of humble pie.

Ok so i didn't say the owners were the best thing since sliced bread but i did give them the benefit of doubt and went against the grain of people with maybe a little more foresight than i as to what was going to happen.

I'm stunned,flabbergasted,bewildered,embarrassed and angry at the debacle that was transfer deadline day. I cannot fathom how we are here again. I felt like crying yesterday i was that frustrated and then couldn't sleep, i wonder if Ayre had any trouble sleeping???

Whether or not people wanted the players we we were after or not, the principles of what happened(or didn't happen) send out a rather alarming message, we cant afford or wont pay money for players and we cant afford the wage bill for our existing players.

"Cash up front to back Dalglish", that isn't true. We arsed about for months with Ajax over Suarez infact we pretty much insulted them with our offer, as soon as we sold Torres bang it was done the owners suddenly felt comfortable with it because the cash was now available and not at the risk of being from them actually investing in their investment, then with Carrol henry himself said Carrol was always going to be whatever we got for Torres minus 15 million, a fucking deluded way to do deals. Their huge first window was the club getting to spend its own money.

I thought we signed suarez before Torres left?

anyway I was doing the touristy thing at the city game last sunday. standing waiting for the players to arrive off the bus.

Stood there for about an hour and among the people who walked past were Ian St.John, Peter McDowell is it from lfc.tv, ian ayre and finally Tom Werner came by. There was a kind of "ssshhh here's the big boss" reaction from the crowd. Nobody said a word to him. he did smiley nod people do when they walk past people and say hello with their heads. I was dying to shout out "get your hand in your pocket Tom" but I didn't.

I wonder what the reaction will be tomorrow if he's there. we've let carroll go and not replaced him because we didn't get a fee for him. we might as well have sold him for 5m so we could get dempsey if we weren't going to keep him. very, very strange but maybe we'll thank them in the long run if the books are in decent shape and the likes of chelsea are in financial meltdown.

I sacked off the weetos for my breakfast this morning and i am currently eating a rather large slice of humble pie.

Ok so i didn't say the owners were the best thing since sliced bread but i did give them the benefit of doubt and went against the grain of people with maybe a little more foresight than i as to what was going to happen.

I'm stunned,flabbergasted,bewildered,embarrassed and angry at the debacle that was transfer deadline day. I cannot fathom how we are here again. I felt like crying yesterday i was that frustrated and then couldn't sleep, i wonder if Ayre had any trouble sleeping???

Whether or not people wanted the players we we were after or not, the principles of what happened(or didn't happen) send out a rather alarming message, we cant afford or wont pay money for players and we cant afford the wage bill for our existing players.

Bang on.

The ineptitude of Liverpool Football Club never ceases to amaze me, yet we've somehow managed to surpass ourselves this window. We've been made to look rank amateurs over this Dempsey affair and the Carroll loan without a replacement is just the cherry on the fucking cake.

I've noticed people have mentioned Leeds. Like fuck that's a valid comparison. We're talking about them dipping into their own pockets for an extra £2-3m to sign Clint fucking Dempsey here; a player who- guaranteed- would make you that back on merchandise in the States.

They clearly don't have what it takes to make this club great again and I defy anybody to argue the contrary. We've seen fuck all from them. The dallying over the stadium and the cowardly way they threw Dalglish and Suarez under the bus last season proves their incompetence.

Last night was the final straw for me.

guardian:

The extent of the financial constraints on Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool was laid bare on Friday night as the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, failed to agree a deal with Fulham for Clint Dempsey. The collapse of the United States international's proposed move to Anfield leaves Liverpool with only two senior forwards – Luis Suárez and Fabio Borini – until the transfer window reopens in January.

In another day of wage reductions at Anfield, Rodgers released three more players – Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing and Nathan Eccleston – but that was not enough for his employers to meet Fulham's demands for a minimum £5m fee for Dempsey. Fulham claim Liverpool offered only £3m for the American, who became the second Rodgers' target this summer to sign instead for Tottenham Hotspur following Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Fenway Sports Group had misgivings over paying a substantial fee for a 29-year-old despite Dempsey, who scored 23 goals last season, doing his utmost to force a move to Merseyside. He had informed Aston Villa, who agreed a £5m plus add-ons transfer with Fulham, that he wished to join only Liverpool.

A proposed move to cover the departure of Andy Carroll with the loan signing of Daniel Sturridge also collapsed when the Chelsea striker insisted on leaving Stamford Bridge on a permanent basis. Rodgers had revived his interest in the former Manchester City forward when Chelsea dropped their demands for a £15m transfer and became open to a loan deal, but Sturridge's stance ended Liverpool's pursuit.

Rodgers removed approximately £8m from Liverpool's wage bill in the final 24 hours of the transfer window and raised a further £4m from the sale of Adam to Stoke City plus loan fees. The sum would have been higher but proposed loan deals for Daniel Pacheco to join Real Valladolid and Danny Wilson to Blackpool did not go through. Blackpool did sign Eccleston on loan while Spearing moved to Bolton Wanderers for the remainder of the season.

The Liverpool manager had conceded there was an element of risk in allowing Carroll to join West Ham United on loan without having a replacement secured but did not envisage the decision back-firing so spectacularly. "I've been given as much confidence as I can possibly get that we will have someone to come in," he said in the wake of Carroll's exit on Thursday night.

On Friday afternoon Rodgers was confident of signing "one or two to reinforce the group" but also warned; "Does it [the departures] free up a lot of money for me to bring in other players? Probably not. We need to work on the finances at the moment."

The Northern Irishman had a deal for Dempsey lined up all summer – the Liverpool chairman, Tom Werner, said in May that "any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad" – but even with the American pushing for a move to Anfield the club were unable to complete a deal.

Rodgers had to explain his reasoning for wanting Dempsey at the club to Liverpool's owners in a phone-call following the aggregate defeat of Hearts in the Europa League play-off on Thursday. A proposed exchange deal involving Jordan Henderson was also mooted only for the Liverpool midfielder to reject a move to Craven Cottage.

The Liverpool manager was handed a transfer budget of £20m plus monies raised through player sales when he replaced Kenny Dalglish in June. That went on the signings of Borini, Joe Allen, Oussama Assaidi and the 18-year-old striker Samed Yesil, while Nuri Sahin also arrived on loan from Real Madrid.

At Everton David Moyes completed a £2m deal for Copenhagen's Bryan Oviedo and also signed the 17-year-old Kilmarnock winger Matthew Kennedy. The 22-year-old Oviedo, a Costa Rica international who can operate at left-back and left midfield, was granted a work permit at a hearing in London on Friday morning attended by Moyes and the Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright. The Everton manager also wanted to strengthen in central midfield but was unable to conclude deals for Steven Nzonzi of Blackburn Rovers or an ambitious attempt to sign Michael Essien from Chelsea.

I will add, I'm not against the owners I don't think they are bad owners. I just don't like this idea of them being saviors and plying us with money because it's not true. They saw an investment opportunity at a steal and they took it, I'm glad they did. Whether they have the stomach to return Liverpool to what it should be and that's existing to win things I have my doubts but well see its not like we have a choice.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
In terms of quality of players coming in, this has been the best summer transfer windows since 07/08. Yet a 29 year old American fails to arrive and suddenly FSG are a shambles? Our fanbase is an embarrassment

Absolutely. We wanted our big Sky Sports News moment with Kim White announcing a superstar. Didn't happen, so the jeering crowd starts to boo.

However, I think it's valid to ask some questions about the level of financial support they're affording to the manager. We do need to get our financial house in order, sure, but the manager clearly wanted another front man. We began the day hoping for two from Walcott, Sturridge and Dempsey. We ended up begging for Dempsey and not being able to secure it.

We spent money this window, and no amount of creative wage accounting will deny that. We've also got some really good players, but we're missing that one more player in the starting XI who just smacks goals in.

In terms of quality of players coming in, this has been the best summer transfer windows since 07/08. Yet a 29 year old American fails to arrive and suddenly FSG are a shambles? Our fanbase is an embarrassment

Nobody is just talking about Dempsey here, its a striker in general we need and im sure you'll agree we are very short and lacking in this area.

It could be Dempsey, Sturridge, whoever we need 1 possibly 2 forwards brought in and their failure to do that is being questioned

Joe Allen granted he looks an astute buy but borini and a loan deal? Plus a youngster we probably won't see for a few years and a winger none of us has any idea how hell turn out. I think for balancing the books it's been another exciting year for fsg but for us fairly mediocre. Though Allen really does look like a genuine improvement.

Brendan Rogers said to the press only yesterday that we are short on numbers. We let 3/4 leave the club and bring nobody in to suppliment any of this......oh yeah, and one of those to leave was our record signing and one of only 3 fit strikers we've got. If being annoyed makes me an embarrasment, then so be it.

It is disappointing that if Suarez or Borini are unavailable we are seriously light for strikers but it's not the end of the world.

I'd far rather us build slowly, finally give some younger players a chance. For me if Morgan, Ngoo, Yesil are ever going to be any good they will be able to contribute now.

We cannot compete with the City, Chelsea and Man U's by buying up 6-7 lower tier players a window and paying off our latest expensive flops.

I'm hoping this is a sign that we have finally got a decent strategy in place - an opportunistic one where not just pick up players for big money that 'may' be of the required quality.

I seriously doubt Dempsey would have made any marked difference in our results until Christmas - would he have even gone into a first choice 11?

Totally missing the point

Brendan wanted him, he wanted us, we couldn't afford him or we've pissed clubs off that badly with our ineptness that they wont deal with us out of principle.

:wallbutt:

Nobody is just talking about Dempsey here, its a striker in general we need and im sure you'll agree we are very short and lacking in this area.

It could be Dempsey, Sturridge, whoever we need 1 possibly 2 forwards brought in and their failure to do that is being questioned

Is it FSG's fault we couldn't sell Carroll, Cole and Henderson? Where was the money for Sturridge coming from? Missing out on a 29 year old American who would have held back the progress of Sterling, Borini, Morgan and Yesil is not a big deal. Top 4 was a long shot, Dempsey or no Dempsey.

A lot of this anger at FSG is some sort of weird displacement thing.

In reality, Kenny wasted millions of pounds on real rubbish which takes time to clear up. Not one season but 2-3 at least. That's really painful to take particularly as Kenny was literally lauded as being the messiah who was returning to save us. However, Kenny was actually just a very naughty boy, with a terribly bad eye for a player, so instead FSG get a lot of hate.

My impression of FSG, is that they are rank amateurs in football and they make most of their decisions on the hoof. Bringing back Kenny is a classic example. But they are at least trying to get us to live within our means which I congratulate them on. Shame about Dempsey but onwards and upwards. I trust Rodgers to play his difficult hand as well as he can and I am pleased that I won't have to see that useless pillock Carroll for a year.