You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I posted this in the other thread:

Following todays news, Spirit Of Shankly have released the following statement:

FSG: We need direction

We find ourselves once again experiencing another summer where talk centres around off the pitch decisions instead of footballing matters. The position of manager at Liverpool Football Club is one that deserves huge respect. It deserves all the resources of Liverpool Football Club to be put at the manager's disposal to make the Club as successful as possible. Today, we are once again in a position where this is not happening. At this moment in time, we have no Manager, no Director of Communications, no Director of Football, no Commercial Director and no ownership presence this side of the Atlantic, a situation compounded by the continued failure to appoint a Chief Executive.

There are also ongoing questions around the lack of a stadium solution. Recent decisions at Liverpool Football Club have led to more questions than they have answered. Today's decision does exactly the same. Many supporters will be asking just what exactly is LFC's strategy for the future. We would expect those in charge at LFC to address this situation urgently in a manner befitting of the Club's history and tradition to allow Liverpool Football Club to move forward. We would also expect those charged with moving the Club forward to engage in meaningful dialogue with supporters, something promised to us in those early meetings with Mr Henry and Mr Werner, but which is yet to materialise.

It is overreaction. If Kenny has us near the relegation zone next year, people would still be going postal on the owners. Everyone is going on like its a massive mistake when the fact is nobody knows what they have planned. Wait and see for fucks sake.

I love the guy, and my heart sank when I heard the news he'd been sacked. But some people are going on like he had us challenging for the league title. Relax and wait and see. If it turns out to be a bad mistake, then judge them then.

Rubbish. Virtually everyone agreed that the league performance wasn't good enough, and the vast majority of Kenny's supporters said that if he failed again next season after getting a second chance, they'd have no objection to him being sacked.

Guest ShoePiss
I posted this in the other thread:

Following todays news, Spirit Of Shankly have released the following statement:

FSG: We need direction

We find ourselves once again experiencing another summer where talk centres around off the pitch decisions instead of footballing matters. The position of manager at Liverpool Football Club is one that deserves huge respect. It deserves all the resources of Liverpool Football Club to be put at the manager's disposal to make the Club as successful as possible. Today, we are once again in a position where this is not happening. At this moment in time, we have no Manager, no Director of Communications, no Director of Football, no Commercial Director and no ownership presence this side of the Atlantic, a situation compounded by the continued failure to appoint a Chief Executive.

There are also ongoing questions around the lack of a stadium solution. Recent decisions at Liverpool Football Club have led to more questions than they have answered. Today's decision does exactly the same. Many supporters will be asking just what exactly is LFC's strategy for the future. We would expect those in charge at LFC to address this situation urgently in a manner befitting of the Club's history and tradition to allow Liverpool Football Club to move forward. We would also expect those charged with moving the Club forward to engage in meaningful dialogue with supporters, something promised to us in those early meetings with Mr Henry and Mr Werner, but which is yet to materialise.

Read that earlier, it's a great statement from SOS.

Neil you have to understand FSG. Read up on them. They know they cannot out spend the rivals so they have to think differently.

I am honestly excited by their approach.

I think we will see a relatively inexperienced coach backed by a formidable DOF. All singing from the same sheet with some money and firm targets.

Would you rather that or Kenny with another 30 mill and dogs abuse.

The next 6 weeks is going to tell us everything, if Martinez turns up as manager then we can probably kiss goodbye to a new stadium and enter the world of what its like to be a medium size club for forseeable future,if however a fantasy manager turns up in the form of Capello et al then it shows they really do mean buisness, not quite sure what way its going to go to be honest.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm putting on record that I back FSG over this. This is potentially us finally pulling out of the tail spin when that cunt Moores sold us down the river.

Kenny was never the right appointment. Love him as much as the rest of you but he should never have been anywhere near this job. Many on here said it would only tarnish his reputaion and they have been proved right. FSG were stupid to even consider him. Unless the next guy is world class he will always be the guy who followed Kenny.

His shadow is too big and like Shankly he should be ushered away for the good of the club.

Big decisions are never easy and we are truly at a crossroads.

Moores sold us to those two cunts because he couldn't take us forward, a new stadium was critical in that thinking.

Where are we on the stadium exactly?

Nothing has been proven right at all, Kenny hasn't been given a fair opportunity to build the side he wants. He's had one full fucking season.

I love the guy, and my heart sank when I heard the news he'd been sacked. But some people are going on like he had us challenging for the league title. Relax and wait and see. If it turns out to be a bad mistake, then judge them then.

Don't tell me to relax when one of my heroes is treated so shabbily, and when their stewardship has already been found seriously wanting this season. You tell people to wait and see, and yet post some purely speculative drivel about Kenny having us near the relegation zone next year. And what the fuck is the point in PM'g me when you don't accept PM's?

And now that you fancy yourself as a journalist, why don't you look into the way they're trying to divide the supporters. Or has that escaped your keen cub reporter's senses.

And for the avoidance of doubt, yeah, that was sarcasm.

Rubbish. Virtually everyone agreed that the league performance wasn't good enough, and the vast majority of Kenny's supporters said that if he failed again next season after getting a second chance, they'd have no objection to him being sacked.

I dunno. People love Kenny so much that they hate seeing him being sacked by some Americans who have no connection to the club. And there is no problem with that. But I think sometimes there needs be realism. It's heartbreaking, really really heartbreaking, but it may be for the best. Time will tell.

Guest ShoePiss
Neil you have to understand FSG. Read up on them. They know they cannot out spend the rivals so they have to think differently.

I am honestly excited by their approach.

I think we will see a relatively inexperienced coach backed by a formidable DOF. All singing from the same sheet with some money and firm targets.

Would you rather that or Kenny with another 30 mill and dogs abuse.

Their handling of the Suarez affair was a disgrace

They've done nothing on the stadium situation

They're completely absent at Anfield, turning up for the odd game

They have no fucking clue about football, the club or the fans

They're constantly correcting their own perceived mistakes which is costing the club real money.

Rudderless.

It's so fucking exciting.

Don't tell me to relax when one of my heroes is treated so shabbily, and when their stewardship has already been found seriously wanting this season. You tell people to wait and see, and yet post some purely speculative drivel about Kenny having us near the relegation zone next year. And what the fuck is the point in PM'g me when you don't accept PM's?

And now that you fancy yourself as a journalist, why don't you look into the way they're trying to divide the supporters. Or has that escaped your keen cub reporter's senses.

And for the avoidance of doubt, yeah, that was sarcasm.

Err, I do accept PM's. Unless someone has tampered with my User CP.

And, yes, I just checked. I can recieve PM's.

I'm putting on record that I back FSG over this. This is potentially us finally pulling out of the tail spin when that cunt Moores sold us down the river.

Kenny was never the right appointment. Love him as much as the rest of you but he should never have been anywhere near this job. Many on here said it would only tarnish his reputaion and they have been proved right. FSG were stupid to even consider him. Unless the next guy is world class he will always be the guy who followed Kenny.

His shadow is too big and like Shankly he should be ushered away for the good of the club.

Big decisions are never easy and we are truly at a crossroads.

It is overreaction. If Kenny has us near the relegation zone next year, people would still be going postal on the owners. Everyone is going on like its a massive mistake when the fact is nobody knows what they have planned. Wait and see for fucks sake.

Well said gents, well said.

There will be grown men crying like RAWK post rafa at this rate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Fuck off SOS. You have no reason for existance anymore except for organising coach trips.

Whilst most of what they said was probably right, the last line was a bit 'Oh, come on, please talk to us. Please. Please. Are you listening?'.

People need to be reminded of how many games downing and henderson have played. 40 mil wasted.

Everyone knows they were poor buys and could see this coming from miles away. If only they could terminate Carra's contract as well.

Guest ShoePiss
Whilst most of what they said was probably right, the last line was a bit 'Oh, come on, please talk to us. Please. Please. Are you listening?'.

They're not listening because they created their own closely managed and controlled 'fan committee'.

Reactions like the opening post were one of the downsides to Dalglish getting the job. The overreaction by some people to the sacking is way over the top.

It really is not Robbie, when did Liverpool FC sack managers who have just taken us to two finals?

Its fuckin ridiculous and it tells me they have no fuckin idea what they are doing and certainly no understanding of what this club should be about..

• Upvote 1

Their handling of the Suarez affair was a disgrace

They've done nothing on the stadium situation

They're completely absent at Anfield, turning up for the odd game

They have no fucking clue about football, the club or the fans

They're constantly correcting their own perceived mistakes which is costing the club real money.

Rudderless.

It's so fucking exciting.

Listen Ive been going to anfield for 30 years, well 28 I've not been for a couple and this club has been run like amateur hour as long as I can remember. Even when we were winning everything we used to take the piss out of United fans that they were more of a shop than a team that was 20 years ago. Well guess what the chickens have come home to roost.

Some proper bosses have come in and believe it or not spent some money and intend to turn this shit around.

Everyone has been sacked. It is ground Zero

Just what we needed

We fucked one set of Yank cunts off just to bus another set of Yank cunts in.

Oh how fans of other clubs will be pissing themselves laughing at those dumb Scousers.

It's been said before, but this really is all Moores fault. He should put all his money in a pile, douse it in petrol then sit on top smoking a cigar, the cocking little pixie.

Big, big summer ahead for them. As Neil G said, they've got to put up or shut up now.

If they shut up? Well, I don't think they're aware of the shit storm that's ahead of them and would do well to contact either a Mr. Hicks or a Mr. Gillett to see what they're in for on that front.