You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

Alonso. Well, he was the "manager on the pitch" for Benitez when he signed. On purpose, decided by Benitez. He played well, but then he went stale. The manager looked at it, and tried to sell him. Sure enough, Alonso got pissed off, as he felt he was not trusted. Then he was just ace for the next season, in spite or because of what had happened, who knows. Benitez got cold feet, but Alonso was still pissed off. Then Alonso figured that he could make shitloads more money in Spain and play for a good team that was, and is not, exactly what he was taught to believe in, but then again, neither was this club in Liverpool, with the cold hearted manager in charge. So he went to RM, and made shitloads more in euros. And he won the league there. However, he remains a very good professional football player, one of the best we've had over the last 5 years or so.

That was Alonso for dummies stuff, deliberately condescending. I am just tired of this all.

It is possible that many things, not strictly related, affect our decision making during our careers. It is possible, even with Alonso.

Alonso. Well, he was the "manager on the pitch" for Benitez when he signed. On purpose, decided by Benitez. He played well, but then he went stale. The manager looked at it, and tried to sell him. Sure enough, Alonso got pissed off, as he felt he was not trusted. Then he was just ace for the next season, in spite or because of what had happened, who knows. Benitez got cold feet, but Alonso was still pissed off. Then Alonso figured that he could make shitloads more money in Spain and play for a good team that was, and is not, exactly what he was thought to believe in, but then again, neither was this club in Liverpool, with the cold hearted manager in charge. So he went to RM, and made shitloads more in euros. And he won the league there. However, he remains a very good professional football player, one of the best we've had over the last 5 years or so.

That was Alonso for dummies stuff, deliberately condescending. I am just tired of this all.

It is possible that many things, not strictly related, affect our decision making during our careers. It is possible, even with Alonso.

Well said, but do you think he would have left for the money if Rafa had tried to get Barry? He doesn't seem the type, I'm sure he'd love to come back to Anfield one day as a player or coach (the same way Luis loves us).

Plessis only played one game didn't he? No matter how you look at it, the Barry saga was terrible management by Rafa, even if it did give him a kick up the arse, you should never treat a player like that.

totally agree, its no way to treat a player, but just making a point how bad he must have been over a sustained period of time for Rafa to even contemplate replacing a player, like alonso, for someone as bad as plessis. Incidentally alonso came on and set torres up for the winner and then never looked back.

just trying to make a point that during the barry saga alonso was in a bad run of form

( p.s wanted barry about as much as herpes btw )

Rafa is their get out of jail card when/ if Martinez shits himself at Christmas and needs to be removed.

Pep (dream on) > Klopp(unlikely)> Louis Van Gaal > Rafa (only because of the fanbase being split) > AVB> Martinez/ Rodgers

Why the fuck is Bobby M seemingly at the front of that list in FSG world? Mind boggling. I mean, he's not in Miami for the music is he? There's a good fucking chance he will be our next manager. I still cannot comprehend it.

I think it's more than a good chance, and more like a nailed on certainty.

What's even stranger is that it always was.

This story broke 3 days before Kenny was even sacked, and for all the smoke and mirrors about '12 candidates' how many have FSG actually approached?

Call me a cynic but he's at the front of the queue because I don't think FSG are planning to invest much money in new players this coming season (might be wrong, but I fear I'm not).

RM is hardly an appointment that brings about optimism or excitement for the fans or the players, it does in fact bring about massive underwhelm.

totally agree, its no way to treat a player, but just making a point how bad he must have been over a sustained period of time for Rafa to even contemplate replacing a player, like alonso, for someone as bad as plessis. Incidentally alonso came on and set torres up for the winner and then never looked back.

just trying to make a point that during the barry saga alonso was in a bad run of form

( p.s wanted barry about as much as herpes btw )

Fair enough, it is a mystery why Xabi went off form (I don't think it was as long as everyone states it was though!). I just think that Rafa could have gone about it the right way instead of blatantly trying to bring Barry in to replace him. This is one of the reasons why I think Rafa doesn't have the best man-management skills.

Fair enough, it is a mystery why Xabi went off form (I don't think it was as long as everyone states it was though!). I just think that Rafa could have gone about it the right way instead of blatantly trying to bring Barry in to replace him. This is one of the reasons why I think Rafa doesn't have the best man-management skills.

good point, even in gerrards book tho he basically said rafa's man management skills weren't up to much, the team was everything to him, not the individual.

I'd have him back tomorrow tho that man gave me some of the best nights of my life Istanbul, Inter, Real, Barca, and so many more cant see any nights like that in the foreseeable unfortunately.

Never been on this site before, why?

Whats the difference between United having bad owners but a good/legendary manager to us (back in 2009 this is)?

What the fuck is this, some kind of manc fucking amnesty or some shit? First that fanchester city bloke now this cunt?

good point, even in gerrards book tho he basically said rafa's man management skills weren't up to much, the team was everything to him, not the individual.

I'd have him back tomorrow tho that man gave me some of the best nights of my life Istanbul, Inter, Real, Barca, and so many more cant see any nights like that in the foreseeable unfortunately.

I know what you mean mate, the guy was the classiest player to don the shirt in a long time. I'm not a Rafa fan (as people may have guessed by now!) but I know who I'd rather back at the club out of the two! The start of the 2009 we lost 2 legend status candidates in Sami and Xabi, since then we haven't recovered. If I was in charge, I'd get them both back in a shot (Sami manager with an experienced DoF/Co-manager and Alonso with Lucas in midfield).

Well if it's all the same to you, you manc cunt, I won't fuck off. Thanks for the offer though.

Oh, you're a big hard man aren't you? I'm no Manc, just more intelligent than you, you see being open to other fans achievements and opinions makes you more knowledgeable, so in that case you area clueless cunt.

! week before the FA Cup Final a lad in Wigans ticket office told a mate of mine Booby M was the New Liverpool Manager they had been informed in the wigan Ticket office that he would be leaving for Anfield

At the time i said it was bolloxs and we already have a manager KK but it looks like this was the truth and he was appointted to the post weeks ago

It fits in with Dave Wheelan coming out with i want stand in his way if a major club in Europe wants him to be there manager

It also fits in with Ian A syaing that it would have made no difference if KK had won the FA Cup or not The reason for that was Bobby M was already signed up and that stinks going behind the back of the current manager and it stinks to me

There was talk of the ex Barca Director of Football taking over the same role at Liverpool so we will have another two Spainards making football decisions at Anfield they will be bringing in the best under 20y old players they can sign from all over and not the big name quick fix players that the Fans want

Oh, you're a big hard man aren't you? I'm no Manc, just more intelligent than you, you see being open to other fans achievements and opinions makes you more knowledgeable, so in that case you area clueless cunt.

Yeah, you're much more intelligent than me aren't you.

How can you be "hard" on the internet? What are you, 14?

The rest of your post is barely English and makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, you're much more intelligent than me aren't you.

How can you be "hard" on the internet? What are you, 14?

The rest of your post is barely English and makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh, we've stopped calling each other cunts now have we? I didn't come into this spouting off offensive words did I? If anything, you looked like the 14 year old.

! week before the FA Cup Final a lad in Wigans ticket office told a mate of mine Booby M was the New Liverpool Manager they had been informed in the wigan Ticket office that he would be leaving for Anfield

At the time i said it was bolloxs and we already have a manager KK but it looks like this was the truth and he was appointted to the post weeks ago

It fits in with Dave Wheelan coming out with i want stand in his way if a major club in Europe wants him to be there manager

It also fits in with Ian A syaing that it would have made no difference if KK had won the FA Cup or not The reason for that was Bobby M was already signed up and that stinks going behind the back of the current manager and it stinks to me

There was talk of the ex Barca Director of Football taking over the same role at Liverpool so we will have another two Spainards making football decisions at Anfield they will be bringing in the best under 20y old players they can sign from all over and not the big name quick fix players that the Fans want

Agree mate, Whelan was telling anyone within earshot in the directors lounge that Martinez had managed his last game and was off to a big club.

This was at Wigans last game