You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

And Babe,l Keane,the silver shell suit,Morrienties and so so many unflushable turds.

I wouldnt mind Rafa back in all honesty as the only reason I wanted him out at the time,was the bizzare things he was doing before he left.

If he has stopped his constant dummy spitting and now sees when he has made mistakes,then there would be nobody better.

He needs to get back into management soon as for someone of his ability,the fact nobody seems to be going out of there way to sign him points to the issues he seems to have.

His wheeling and dealing was pretty good overall at the start and he tendered to shift on his bad signings as well.

Personally I think for him to work properly he needs Pako a bit like Clough needed Taylor but only time will tell.

Fair enough. The dummyspittingoutness was entirely justified here and at Inter, in my humble opinion. Working under the two spastics here I'd have been far more pissed off if he'd have kept schtum. At Inter they pulled the plug on spending, so I can fully understand his back me or sack me stance. Don't know enough of what happened at Valencia, although they appear to still be a fucking shambles off the pitch. Basically if Rafa gets a reasonable amount of cash and is allowed to do his job without clueless cunts sticking their beaks in he'll do well.

He's had offers hasn't he?

I can understand him turning them down. He wants to manage us.

Not sure he specifically needs Pako, but he certainly needs a good number two that can offer a different type of personality to his own.

Anyway, he won't be coming back for now.

What I don't think some mongs here realise is that Rafa is the reason we got rid of H&G

Yes, there was damn alot of conflict in the final year.

But ultimately, whether it was ultimately brinkmanship or really the team was too effected by the conflict, by getting 7th place, we could get rid of H&G.

Remember, it wasn't that FSG bought over the club. Its that H&G could not service the loan and was forced to sell at a low price to FSG.

If Rafa achieved 4th place minimum, with Champs League money, H&G would have been able to convince the bank or court that they could service the loan, and we would still be with them today.

Of course, if he DID lose purposely, there is no way Rafa can admit this. One, it would be unprofessional of him in the eyes of prospective buyers, and two he ultimately saved the club at his own expense.

The way some of the mongs here argue, it is as if Rafa would live harmoniously with H&G, things would have been perfect. "he's stubborn", "he causes conflict"

HE SAVED OUR CLUB!

He was the only world class part of our club for a long time now. He waged war on our behalf, and still managed to make us a team feared home and abroad.

Ultimately manager after manager will prove that he was the special one. Not our club, not our players.

Thats what Valencia have found out many years since. They have since bought class players. They have since changed manager after manager. What they have never recovered is their dominant style nor trophies.

as much as we all love rafa, and it really was a no brainer that we should have brought him iback nstead of rodgers, it was'nt due to rafa G&H went, it was due to pure harsh economic reality, they never had the means to sustain their ownership of the club, whoever was the manager was

no, i meant they did'nt have the means to sustain the business financially, so no matter who the manager was, they would have lost it like they did no matter what. what rafa did was let us know the shit state the club was in and how unsuitable they were, long long before we would have picked up on it purley by looking at the clubs accounts, he made us see what was going on 18 months before we would have seen it otherwise

Actually, they could sustain the club. As long as we qualified and went further than the group stages every year, they could hold on indefinitely

Furthermore, if we were still under their hands, we would have lost Mascherano and Torres anyway, which would generate 70-80 million pounds. Only thing is, we wouldn't see reinvestment of those funds

And Rafa would be accused of not getting on with his job quietly while losing such players

Torres, Mascherano were right. We were/are a sinking ship. Even now Skrtel and I would imagine Reina and Suarez will be rethinking their positions. By the Jan transfer window or end of the year, if we aren't top 4 again, its goodbye.

When actually neither is true.

Lets not let the truth get in the way of tired old arguments yet again though.

No, actually, he did put us in a real fucking bad financial spot. He absolutely pissed away club resources in his little petty power struggles. I've never seen such selfishness at our club. Not only that, but people actually BLESS him for it!

He climbed right in bed with Hicks and wanted to pull out his milk. Fucking hell.

That said? I'm done talking about Rafa, because I can't fucking stand that 'man'.

No, actually, he did put us in a real fucking bad financial spot. He absolutely pissed away club resources in his little petty power struggles. I've never seen such selfishness at our club. Not only that, but people actually BLESS him for it!

He climbed right in bed with Hicks and wanted to pull out his milk. Fucking hell.

That said? I'm done talking about Rafa, because I can't fucking stand that 'man'.

That is very clear.

Yep. Pissed out money on players the calibre of Torres, Mascherano, Alonso etc. All sold for record prices. We don't need them.

You'll be happy to know, we'll never see players of their like playing for us again.

He pissed off money changing our academy. We should fire those Spanish coaches immediately too. After all, it was Rafa "wanting full control over everything" that brought those Barca coaches over.

Pissed off money developing the latest state of the art computer programs for analyzing football matches too. We should rely only on fans who know everything, not such fancy shit. After all, Shankly never used computers!

Pissing money everywhere. We should go back to the old bootroom days, where we buy the best of the lower leagues and Scotland. That will guarantee success!

Let Chelsea and City buy the useless fancy dans from South America and continental Europe. We don't need them. We'll scout Merseyside for 11 Steven Gerrards

did he not take over the treble winning team? Yes

Did he fuck it up? Yes

He won the world club championship then tried his old trick of moaning post match and Morrati just fucked him off cos of it.

Totally retarded statement, with no facts.

He won the Italian Super Cup and the World Club championship. He lost the European Super Cup though

Inter were 10 points off the top with 2 games in hand (due to World Club Championship). Inter lost 4, while Milan (eventual champions) lost 3. HARDLY off the pace in Jan.

Its simple. He was promised money to refresh an aging squad which Mourinho miraculously won the treble (the year before everyone was saying the squad was on its last legs). An aging squad is an aging squad.

They've won nothing since, and it can hardly be blamed on Rafa when he wasn't allowed to buy anyone or sell anyone. Its the same squad that failed.

The scary thing... is that you actually believe what you've just typed, in those posts, there.

Absolutely astonishing.

I've provided you with facts. You can dispute them with facts.

You claimed that he put us in a bad financial spot. Please state which investments you disagreed with?

If you are going to state bad (cheap) transfers, there is a whole list of world class performers that easily offset the bad ones.

If you want to claim he wasted money on the academy etc. Fine. Prove your point

You have none. You just dislike him, because the media tells you to dislike him. I have seen no coherent argument from you or any of the other Rafa-haters here.

Only headlines with no facts to back up

No, actually, he did put us in a real fucking bad financial spot. He absolutely pissed away club resources in his little petty power struggles.

How much did we earn from our performances in Europe under Rafa?

There's a lesson well taught by Hicks and Gillett but people like you want to drag Benitez's name into it, for some perverse reason.

Do, shut the fuck up.

Inter are also struggling to get back to where they used to be after Rafa had his time there, coincidence? He left us with a dressing room in disarray to which we still haven't recovered from.