You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

He's got a good squad to start off with though. Maybe he's a better man manager/motivator than Rafa as well?

You mean better than Kenny, who was our last manager?

Alonso left for one reason and one reason only, Rafa.

Of course, it's not like our club was in any kind of decline or anything.

He went back home to go and win stuff with the biggest team in the world you utter clown.

Thanks for clearing that up mate as I was under impression it was to do with him speaking to the papers about Pako.

Then for wanting to be at the birth of his daughter and also something about Rafa trying to sell him to buy other players.

I hope it comes out sometime over why he did leave.

I was always led to believe he has always wanted to play at RM and if they had made a offer for him before he came to us,then he would of gone to them before us.

Maybe the way Rafa seemed to be against him infact was a blessing for Alonso,it certainly gave him a ready made reason to leave us and for the fans not to turn against him.

Thanks for clearing that up mate as I was under impression it was to do with him speaking to the papers about Pako.

Then for wanting to be at the birth of his daughter and also something about Rafa trying to sell him to buy other players.

I hope it comes out sometime over why he did leave.

I was always led to believe he has always wanted to play at RM and if they had made a offer for him before he came to us,then he would of gone to them before us.

Maybe the way Rafa seemed to be against him infact was a blessing for Alonso,it certainly gave him a ready made reason to leave us and for the fans not to turn against him.

Which some fans fell for.

Rafa is now second favourite for the Villa job. Christ. The thought of Rafa at Villa while we make do with a comparative no-mark makes me sick to the stomach.

I'm put in mind of the Viz character Terry Fuckwitt, the most unintelligent cartoon character in the world. When Terry is given the choice between a massive pile of gold and a guaranteed place in Heaven for doing a minor task for God, or selling his soul to Satan for a piece of dogshit, he inevitably winds up being sawn in half by demons for the whole of eternity.

So what we have here is pretty much what happens if Terry Fuckwitt is given a football club to run.

Don´t want to see that fat spanish bastard anywhere close to this great old soccer club.

Ian , have you not got work to be doing like appointing a manager.

Jog on you beaut.

Oh and its fat spanish european cup winning bastard to you !!!!!

Rafa is their get out of jail card when/ if Martinez shits himself at Christmas and needs to be removed.

Pep (dream on) > Klopp(unlikely)> Louis Van Gaal > Rafa (only because of the fanbase being split) > AVB> Martinez/ Rodgers

Why the fuck is Bobby M seemingly at the front of that list in FSG world? Mind boggling. I mean, he's not in Miami for the music is he? There's a good fucking chance he will be our next manager. I still cannot comprehend it.

Rafa is their get out of jail card when/ if Martinez shits himself at Christmas and needs to be removed.

Pep (dream on) > Klopp(unlikely)> Louis Van Gaal > Rafa (only because of the fanbase being split) > AVB> Martinez/ Rodgers

Why the fuck is Bobby M seemingly at the front of that list in FSG world? Mind boggling. I mean, he's not in Miami for the music is he? There's a good fucking chance he will be our next manager. I still cannot comprehend it.

The last time i had this very distinct feeling was the Andy Carroll signing. Completely nonsensical to be signing someone so unworthy. What can we expect next season under a man who knows nothing about getting us to where we want to be? It's one extreme to the next.

Edited by The Dude Abides

He went back home to go and win stuff with the biggest team in the world you utter clown.

Finally, you reply to me about something. So, are you going to tell me how Rafa quit Inter when he was clearly sacked like I've asked you to twice or are you going to run off without answering me again?

Oh, by the way he left when Rafa was going to replace him with Barry and at the time, he had more chance of winning something with us than Real as Barca were winning everything you moron.

You mean better than Kenny, who was our last manager?

Of course, it's not like our club was in any kind of decline or anything.

Maybe Kenny wasn't cut out for the nowadays super rich super star players? It's been a while since he was manager, things have changed massively since he last managed a Prem club.

Alonso left us after we came 2nd in the Prem, we were hardly on the decline were we? The only reason he left was because of Rafa, no other reason. He still loves the club and I'm sure he feels more for Liverpool than he does Madrid.

Maybe Kenny wasn't cut out for the nowadays super rich super star players? It's been a while since he was manager, things have changed massively since he last managed a Prem club.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Alonso left us after we came 2nd in the Prem, we were hardly on the decline were we?

According to the TARTs we were, we would never win the league with Rafa.

I'm not sure what your point is.

According to the TARTs we were, we would never win the league with Rafa.

Really? You can't get the point I was making that Kenny may be out of touch with football management nowadays? As much as I love the guy, he may not have been up to the job.

2nd point, Alonso left because of Rafa, he was one of the best players to grace Anfiled of the modern era and he helped us to our highest league placing in the league in donkeys years. If he felt wanted at the club, he'd have stayed on and would have been driven on to help us do better.

2nd point, Alonso left because of Rafa, he was one of the best players to grace Anfiled of the modern era and he helped us to our highest league placing in the league in donkeys years. If he felt wanted at the club, he'd have stayed on and would have been driven on to help us do better.

Nah, he could do better leaving us for Real Madrid. And he has.

alonso was brilliant in the 08-09 season, but what loads seem to forget is that for 18 months before he had absolutely stunk the place out, and been replaced in the starting line up by Damien Plessis.

The Barry thing gave him a massive kick up the arse for that season, which, ultimately got him his move to madrid.

Ask him for the next big Euro lottery numbers then, because he must have been able to see into the future! Who would have thought that we would have gone from 2nd in the league to 7th?

The team was fucked from the start of the season. Xabi probably knew why.

2nd to 7th is just a symptom of what was happening back then.

Come on, he left because he fell out with Rafa. He was contracted up to 2012 and wanted to stay. If he hadn't fallen out with Rafa over the birth of his child and the Barry saga then he would have stayed. I'm not sure you can blame shitty owners for player performances, look at United, they've had terrible owners for years now but have won more than us.

United who pipped us in 08-09 lost Ronaldo and Tevez and signed Valencia and Owen vastly weakening their options the following season but fought for the title until the last game of the 09-10 season when Chelsea pipped them by a point.

We lost Alonso and Arbeloa who could be classed as 1st team regulars, Sami wasn't at that point and signed Aquilani, Johnson and Kyrgiakos.

Why didn't United under say, regressive ownership also go to the wayside then?

alonso was brilliant in the 08-09 season, but what loads seem to forget is that for 18 months before he had absolutely stunk the place out, and been replaced in the starting line up by Damien Plessis.

The Barry thing gave him a massive kick up the arse for that season, which, ultimately got him his move to madrid.

Plessis only played one game didn't he? No matter how you look at it, the Barry saga was terrible management by Rafa, even if it did give him a kick up the arse, you should never treat a player like that.

United who pipped us in 08-09 lost Ronaldo and Tevez and signed Valencia and Owen vastly weakening their options the following season but fought for the title until the last game of the 09-10 season when Chelsea pipped them by a point.

We lost Alonso and Arbeloa who could be classed as 1st team regulars, Sami wasn't at that point and signed Aquilani, Johnson and Kyrgiakos.

Why didn't United under say, regressive ownership also go to the wayside then?

Because they have the best manager in England.

What's your theory?