You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

Reading some of the interviews/articles with Ayre' date=' the point was raised that FSG didn't want to appoint a manager first as it'd undermine his position if the DoF (or whatever) comes afterwards.

If true, that could indicate that whoever they have in mind for DoF has already agreed in principle and is advising, otherwise how are they coming up with names and interviewing?

I just can't see how they can be interviewing any potential manager without having thrashed out this supposed reshuffle of other positions, even in principle, first.

If they've got someone in place, and a figure like Txiki rates Martinez, then i'll reluctantly accept it. [b']Otherwise it has all the hallmarks of the blind leading the blind[/b].

Liverpool Football Club since 1990 right there in a nutshell, my friend.

We're a fucking shambles.

Liverpool Football Club since 1990 right there in a nutshell, my friend.

We're a fucking shambles.

I'm trying to give this new lot a chance, but i'm struggling a bit now.

Glass half full - no debt, they seemed to make funds available to Kenny, they're not H&G.

Glass half empty - everything else.

If they get this summer right then fair play to them, but you can't sack a manager who needs time when you yourself beg the fans for patience.

Reading some of the interviews/articles with Ayre' date=' the point was raised that FSG didn't want to appoint a manager first as it'd undermine his position if the DoF (or whatever) comes afterwards.

If true, that could indicate that whoever they have in mind for DoF has already agreed in principle and is advising, otherwise how are they coming up with names and interviewing?

I just can't see how they can be interviewing any potential manager without having thrashed out this supposed reshuffle of other positions, even in principle, first.

If they've got someone in place, and a figure like Txiki rates Martinez, then i'll reluctantly accept it. Otherwise it has all the hallmarks of the blind leading the blind.[/quote']

I'm with you at the minimum there needs to be a big hitter somewhere in the mix. Someone who has been there done that. I doubt that's the DoF though because Ayre has said that role has been split into 2 or 3 different roles.

Well IF that's the case and with cups no longer being considered important I'm going to save a fortune by not ticking auto cup next season. If they don't give a shit, then why should I?

Exactly. Thing is with a couple of good cup runs you can make close to 10m on extra gates, prize money, broadcasting etc. You can't dismiss that the state we are in. It's not CL money, but it is free money. For this season revenue wise, quite ironically, KK probably got close to maxing out.

Code, surprised you like BVM he loves Dirk and it would guarantee Kuyt more time.

I like the football they play, one of the reasons I did not put either Capello or Benitez on my list as I'm not very fond of the football either play.

I'm glad that the De Boer bandwagon is gathering pace a bit. I think that if we're going for a young manager then he would be my first choice, ahead of Villas-Boas. I think we could get him and I think he represents the best combination of the qualities that we should be looking for.

I agree, there was also talk recently of England's co-efficient meaning that our 4 places might be cut to 3, and I assume having a winner must help that.

We are a fair away from that.

Italy have only just lost there place to Germany so we are doing well

Guest Numero Veinticinco
if FSG bring him back and he does shit, does that make fsg incompetent owners?

I think that's a hard call. If they bring Martinez in and he does well, does that mean that it was a competent call to sack Kenny and replace him with Martinez?

If we get Rafa back and he does poorly, will we wonder how Martinez might have done? On the face of it, I'd say bringing back Rafa is a much more competent call than bringing in Martinez. Hard to see what will happen down the road though.

Guest davelfc
Rafa's honeymoon period here would last all of 24 hours and as soon as the chips are down the same old faces would have the knives out.

You seem to forget that the same old faces always have a knife handy, fuck them, there's a nice ignore function on here that deals with them.

Restoring dignity my peachy arse. What melts we have as fans on the internet. Show them a scouse pie and they'd run a mile. Then again, so would I. They taste like warmed over shite.

Did you get on that fella on twitter to me earlier?! I tweeted saying that website was a joke etc and he basically told me to shut up because I live in the North East and have probably never been to Liverpool before!

Still brings tears to the eyes now! That kind of attitude stinks anyway.

Did you get on that fella on twitter to me earlier?! I tweeted saying that website was a joke etc and he basically told me to shut up because I live in the North East and have probably never been to Liverpool before!

Still brings tears to the eyes now! That kind of attitude stinks anyway.

I'm afraid that was me Ian. I regret it now.

There is one major reason IMO why Rafa wont get a sniff at the managers job this time around and that is because he is Plan B

Just like when Hodgson was appointed when everyone wanted Kenny it will be the same this time around

Whoever gets the job is because FSG want to keep a tight hold of the club they know that if they go for the Fans Man it will be them that carry the can for failure as it is now they appoint a manager give him the money to spend and hope that he can deliver if he does everyone is a winner if it goes tits up they still have an Ace up there sleeve in Rafa who they can turn two just as they did to Kenny before him and they know that they are safe again for another two seasons regardless and that is the main reason for not giving it to Rafa now

They dont want anyone at the club who can turn the fans against them they learned from the way things happened with Aids and Cancer and they are making sure that they aint falling for that again

i just think rafa at least deserves and interview to be allowed to put himself forward. for me he,s is a better manager than avb and martinez. gets the club the fans and i belive we would get top 4 if he was here next year. the problem is the owners they have already gave into the fans by giving kenny the job and they know the fans would love rafa back so there proably thinking fuck!!! that where not giving into the fans again where doing what we want no matter what us the, fans think

i just think rafa at least deserves and interview to be allowed to put himself forward. for me he,s is a better manager than avb and martinez. gets the club the fans and i belive we would get top 4 if he was here next year. the problem is the owners they have already gave into the fans by giving kenny the job and they know the fans would love rafa back so there proably thinking fuck!!! that where not giving into the fans again where doing what we want no matter what us the, fans think

Problem with Rafa is that while it would work in reality, would it work in theory?