You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish Leaves Liverpool.

No. Let's start a new history today. I didn't want to see Kenny get the sack but there it is.

We've been living in the past since he left the first time. Let's clean out the fecking house completely and start from scratch like we did when Shanks came to us. No to Rafa, no to Carra and no to England's Steven Gerrard.

Let's make a new Liverpool.

fuck off

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have give him until Christmas to turn it around but they best put in some serious funds for whoever comes in because the chances of success without it are slim.

It's astonishing that we are weeks away from a transfer window and have nothing resembling a hierarchy in place to identify or go out and get players, I'd be surprised if some of our better players arnt looking for the exit door after once again looking like a clueless rabble running the club.

Well thinking about this semi-logically (I've not really had chance to calm down yet) we might as well go ahead and re-appoint Rafa now.

Otherwise it will be fucking Groundhog Day/'Hodgson Out' Day when we fast forward to *some home game in November/December when another season is over* and the Kop are all on their feet chanting Rafa's name in protest of *another undeserving manager who never deserved this great job being out of his depth*

Fucking cluessless bastards!

And where's our fucking Stadium too whilst we're at it?

The only think good about this lot is that they are not H&G, to them we're just a fucking 'soccer franchise'.

Ok, I'm done...I need a lie down.

Guest San Don

Well, I hope all you moaners are fucking happy what with your no plan b, shite football, he's a dinosaur blah, blah, blah.

Even when being sacked, yes, Kenny Dalglish sacked from LFC, the King showed more dignity that some of you lot will ever know.

I hope you get behind the new man whoever he is but remmember this, be careful because you have effectively wished for this and who we may get, may be totally uninspiring.

Now, did I see Pep Guardiola at Anfield before the Fulham game?

This was posted elsewhere but sums Me up? To a tee; Oh & a big Fuck Off to the snivelling little Tw*ts with "their opions" who Caused both this & the Rafa' debacle 2 years ago as well as who Started the rot of so-called "modern football" getting into the heads of Our fans of all teams - Something they Showed by Booing when we went Top in December 2008? Well? I must say nicely done you F*ckers in getting your own way after stamping your feet (& blowing the clubs off in the process) you Must be happy now no? This is prob' a dream for idiots & pathetic little tossers like you Lot isn't it? D*ckheads & f*cking knownothing Pathetic little p*cks to a man. Anyway? You know Who you are & I suggest you stay away from those like me who remember What this club once was for the foreseeable..............

Anyway I agree with the following to the letter & though I didn't write it? I could of done as it sums up All my feelings on this disgraceful news tonight.

"You know what, i have just got home, sky news "liverpool sack kenny dalglish", well fuck me sideways, Shankly will be turning in his grave, fucking disgrace, you know all you fans every match thread "im not having a go at kenny but he should go" well you have go what you wanted, hope your all fucking happy. Do you understand really whats just happened? Liverpool way my arse, there is no liverpool way anyway, this clubs finished. Finished. You can cry about "its the auld arses need to move on", " moneyball" (which is a c*nt of a word), "sky sports fans" stick it all up your arse.

This man, yes this man has just been sacked, after getting to two cup finals in his first season TWO FUCKING CUP FINALS, there is no hope for any more managers. TIME YOU NEED TO GIVE PEOPLE TIME, and if you can't give a legend who gets to two finals in his first full season time, your fucked, fucked as a club.

We stood apart from the rest of the world, for our ways, our banter, our respect, our loyalty. We thats all gone, all of it. So what does the new manger have to do now, well i'll tell you what, he has to win every game, 5 games in yes 5 games in i will put my life on it you twats (you know who your are) will be calling for his head.

The same man you all wanted knighting, if this club even offer him a job on the coaching staff or as a steward, director of football whatever he should tell them to stick it up their arse, their is only so much one man can give, and this man gave our club everything.

I see Rafa's name being mentioned, eh , fucking great, lets take him down with us as well, If that man had any sense he'd be on a plane to get a million miles away from our club.

So in ten years time when our 8th manager in ten years comes in, will you all be smiling then eh?

I'm finished with this shit. This isnt the club i was brought up around."

In one in short & I suspect I'm very Far from the Only Red thinking all that tonight nor should I be...........

Edited by Redshadow

An awful decision to have to make but I think it was the correct one.

The club has been accepting mediocrity for the past twenty years. FSG deserve credit for not accepting it anymore.

We are a massive club in world football. Our replica shirt sales trail only behind Utd & Barcelona. We truly have a worldwide following that most of our rival's cannot claim. We deserve to be sitting at the top table. We survive without Champions League football because we make a shitload of money through sponsorship and merchandise (as well as sharing the tv revenue which would be largely in ours, Utd's and Arsenal's favour if the current agreement was ever altered).

We cannot accept becoming another Everton or Aston Villa because we are far bigger than they ever have been. We need to think and act like the club that we are.

I love Kenny as much as the next person but it wasn't working and next season would have been hell for him. I'd rather he left now and had all the dickheads that follow us turn on him.

I'm relieved he's gone sooner rather than later and I say hats off to the owners for what is a pretty brave move. I just hope they have a plan. I would have given him another season because of who he is, but I'm pretty sure we'd have had to endure a summer of baffling transfers followed by another season in the league much like the one we've just had. I wish he'd never taken the job, because let's face it, for all his many attributes, he's just never been a very good football manager.

I feel gutted, angry, disappointed and disillusioned in equal measure.

FSG better pull something special out of the bag or there'll be hell.

Thanks for everything, Kenny. A class act until the end and an absolute legend.

Player:

6 League titles

3 European Cups

1 FA Cup

4 League Cups

Manager:

3 League titles

2 FA Cups

1 League Cup

What a CV. What a man.

Fuck FSG and fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to do a legend this way.

Once the decision had been made, what's wrong with the way they've handled this?

Kenny is a Liverpool-legend, but to them he is an employee with a very well paid job who hasn't performed to their standards. That may sound cold to you, but it's the way football works these days. Seeing statements on here like "time for them to go" makes me wonder if a lot of people are struggling to grasp the concept of ownership.

Whether this decision is right very much depends on who FSG pick as manager in fact if this decision is wrong im afraid we are looking at permanant stagnation eg villa and the bitters on the outside looking with envy at the champions league gravy train

None of those players are safe with a new DOF and manager coming in. Kuyt (Maxi we already know about), Kenny's signings (maybe with the exception of Carroll), Carra even Gerrard will have something to think about over the summer.

All in this together.

Tough decision. Probably the right one, but only if they can get a better replacement (which is questionable). Basically it's the same situation as when we were looking to replace Rafa. We shouldn't have done it then, as no-one good enough would walk into the mess we were in at the time. We look like a marginally better prospect better now, better off the pitch, but arguably worse on it. Hopefully the financial stability will make us attractive enough to bring in the right type of manager. Someone like Martinez might be good enough, but will not have enough of a name for our supporters I'm afraid...

Let's hope whoever comes in is confident enough to make the brave decisions that needs to be made.

Fuck FSG and fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to do a legend this way.

Ok, I'll bite. What's THIS?

Nobody knows any detail and accusations already got tossed around like rotten eggs.

The 24 hours time lag suggested to me Kenny didn't accept FSG's proposals -- whatever they were, and decided to walk.

an absolute legend, that will never change, last season has not dented that in any way thank god, his first visit back to anfield will be a special occasion.

but to say the sacking was uncalled for is silly, i wouldnt have minded him be giving more time but im not shocked that it happened, and i dont hold any bad feeling towards the owners for doing so.

unfortunately places like this are full of drama queens who specialize in the art of mock horror so it will be even more unbearable than usual.

also, id imagine he was asked/offered the chance to step down, but refused it.

absolutely gutted.

not trying to be all sentimental but kenny given so much more to this club than just results on the pitch. he deserved longer, without doubt.

no-one is stupid enough to kid themselves that this season was what we wanted, and no-one is daft enough to kid themselves that winning the league cup was a major triumph. i suppose in one way it does signal FSG's intent, but in a much more prominent way, it tells me that FSG just dont have a fucking clue what this club is all about.