You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish Leaves Liverpool.

I don't understand that BBC article?

There is no front runners, but AVB and Benitez are not options! Tony Evans is adamant it isn't AVB but, he doesn't like the Americans, that would be a positive appointment so I can see why he doesn't think that would work.

It is worth pointing out that Henry offered to make Brad Pitt the highest paid Manager in Baseball, so I don't think they are going to go for a cheap option like Martinez.

I don't know whether it is or it isn't AVB but one thing I'm fairly sure about is that Tony Evans knows fuck all either. As usual.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be doing with the usual nutters shouting on these threads but I'd ask that people bear this in mind. FSG may not have got it right yet but they're hardly sitting on their arses wondering what to do:

I actually they are more important at this stage!

We do want a manager, but they need to be in place first.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I would take the cup anyday over forth position

Taking the carling cup over fourth is mental, superfan bullshit. Are we trying to build this club up as a title and European cup winning side once again, or are we happy with the milk cup year on year.

Didnt realise Clarke had gone too.So that's a CEO, DOF, Director of Comms, manager, assistant manager, head of sports science... Did any of the other coaches leave? Who's covering while we have no leadership? The fucking tea lady?

A good point.

Any preparation which was done for the summer window is wasted.

Didnt realise Clarke had gone too.

So that's a CEO, DOF, Director of Comms, manager, assistant manager, head of sports science... Did any of the other coaches leave? Who's covering while we have no leadership? The fucking tea lady?

I'm surprised more people haven't joined up the link yet. I think we are seeing the fall-out from the Suarez affair and anyone involved has either gone already or will be going. I suggest that may mean Luis himself.

The warning signs came from the Standard Chartered AGM where the Chairman had to face a series of hostile questions from the floor - not on their business performance but on how & why the company was sponsoring a racist organisation like Liverpool. Don't you think that the massively negative publicity we had to suffer would create huge problems between us and our sponsors?

Our brand has been tarnished, Henry & Werner and their other investors would have been taking calls from senior execs asking them what they are doing about it and they have had to take action. So they have dismissed anyone involved.

They can't be seen to be blaming all the dismissals on the damage to their brand so they are content for people to assume it's over performance on the pitch.

We will be bringing in a raft of business-and-media friendly people to run the club to repair the damage and put us back on track.

That's my take on it. The f*****g FA, that lying sh*thouse Evra and his piss-soaked manager and all the PC media w*****s have fucked us over good & proper.

While I am disappointed that Kenny Dalglish has not been given another year, I feel that sometimes it is better to let go of the past.

For myself, I always look forward to a Liverpool game, particularly the Saturday 3PM kick offs. It makes or breaks my weekend, and my mood going into the following week. Win, and I am on a high. Lose, and I feel a bit low, but still look forward to the next game in the hope that things will be better.

This season in the league, was, as we all know, not what we had hoped for. And what made it even sadder was to see the great man having to defend the poor results to the press afterwards. I don;t want to see KD do that, that is not him.

Granted, there is no gaurantee that things may improve next season were he still in charge, but maybe he should have been given the chance to put right what was wrong this season gone.

Personally, I want Liverpool to win every match, be successful, win trophies. Why? Because it makes me feel happy, puts me in a good mood, etc. Some of the things I have read on here about rather being unsuccessful with KD in charge rather than successful with somebody else as manager, I find that hard to understand, but nonetheless if those are the sentiments of some fans, then I do respect that, even though I completely disagree.

Whoever takes over in the next few days/weeks, I do hope that Liverpool develop a footballing identity, a winning mentality and a no fear attitude. It is a huge task, and I hope that the owners find the right man for this.

I'm surprised more people haven't joined up the link yet. I think we are seeing the fall-out from the Suarez affair and anyone involved has either gone already or will be going. I suggest that may mean Luis himself.

The warning signs came from the Standard Chartered AGM where the Chairman had to face a series of hostile questions from the floor - not on their business performance but on how & why the company was sponsoring a racist organisation like Liverpool. Don't you think that the massively negative publicity we had to suffer would create huge problems between us and our sponsors?

Our brand has been tarnished, Henry & Werner and their other investors would have been taking calls from senior execs asking them what they are doing about it and they have had to take action. So they have dismissed anyone involved.

They can't be seen to be blaming all the dismissals on the damage to their brand so they are content for people to assume it's over performance on the pitch.

We will be bringing in a raft of business-and-media friendly people to run the club to repair the damage and put us back on track.

That's my take on it. The f*****g FA, that lying sh*thouse Evra and his piss-soaked manager and all the PC media w*****s have fucked us over good & proper.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread and I agree. I don't think getting rid of Kenny was purely a footballing decision and it fucking stinks of protecting their investment and " the brand". Put it this way, my little lad isn't getting Suarez on the back of the new shirt as I'm sure he's gone next

I've been wondering that myself. It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if they do place the man who is currently the most talented player at the club up for sale.

I've been wondering that myself. It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be if they do place the man who is currently the most talented player at the club up for sale.

There's already some quotes from him today saying he has always wanted to play in Spain and his fav player is Xavi etc

New manager comes in, says Luis wants to go then all the forums say fuck him off and the new guy suddenly has £60m instead of £30m to rebuild the squad.

No chance in my view. They (sponsors, owners) would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. They want maximum return from LFC. To get maximum return, you don't sell your best player(s).

Anyone with half a brain would treat a pathetic question like that with the disdain it deserves. There has never been any suggestion that LFC are a racist organisation ffs. And Suarez was specifically pointed out as NOT a racist by the governing body that dealt out the pubishment.

Are you honestly suggesting that all the sackings, culminating with Kenny's, are the decision of Standard Chartered? Forget the fact that our performances have been abject and that we've broken every record in shitness in a league campaign and that we didn't challenge for top 4 never mind the title - it's all down to our sponsors and Luis Suarez.

What a load of nonsense.

Totally gutted!!!

Should have been given another season... club was in a mess when he stepped in to bail out the new owners and they repay him by kicking him out after only one full season. What did he achieve this season?... a trophy, FA Cup runners up, european footie next season and some signs that the new players are coming on... is that a sackable offence? OK, no Champions League and some PR mistakes, but doesn't what he achieved merit another season in charge?

Always was and always will be... King Kenny.

I agree about the Suarez thing... Fenway wont mess about and if Suarez staying damages their reputation then they'll sell him... no matter how good he is. As long as he stays at the club LFC will be dogged by the spectre of racism and how long will the owners tolerate that?

I'm getting pretty sick of reading posts saying "the bottom line is that Kenny spent loads of money and we finished 8th, it's not good enough so he had to go, it’s as simple as that."

Sorry, it's not as simple as that. Not when you're talking about binning a title-winning manager during a period of transition and turmoil that's been rumbling on for five years.

You need to go beyond the stats and the league table and look at how close a manager is to be being able to fix things and what's needed to turn the situation around. The time to get rid of a manager is when his team is totally dysfunctional and he's run out of ideas on how to fix it. We were nowhere near that. A clinical goalscorer this season would have made a vast difference to our results. I don't see how anyone who's watched us this season can dispute that, not when we've been tearing our hair out all season about missing hatfuls of chances. So there's no reason why the addition of such a player next season wouldn't have made us a great shout for the top four at the very least.

I sincerely believe we'd have had more chance of getting top four next season by giving Kenny one more shot with a team he knows and who know him, plus money for a few more signings, than we will by appointing a new manager who's going to have to come in and hit the ground running without an established off-field management structure in place, and with a number of key players questioning their futures at Anfield. Given that fourth place is the be-all and end-all for FSG, this looks like a major own goal to me.

And that's before you get to the question of who the replacement is. The fact that our owners are seriously considering a manager who's spent the last three years battling relegation suddenly makes the stark facts of the league table look a little less compelling, don't you think? We've been here before with Rafa and Roy, as plenty of people have pointed out already.

And I'm also getting sick of being told that the only reason for keeping Kenny on would have been sentiment. Fuck off with that patronising bollocks. There were good rational reasons for wanting to give him another season, which I and plenty of others have put across many times now. I'm not asking anyone to agree with them if they don't already, I'd just like people to credit those of us who backed Kenny with a bit of objectivity and football knowledge rather than casting us all as doe-eyed romantic simpletons with our heads in the sand.

I think the ruthlessness has shocked everyone, Moores never had it with Souness/Evans/EvansHoullier/Houllier

G and H fucked about far too much for anyone's liking and even Woy was dragged out

This has been, not good enough, bye. Its a shock cos its the King more than anything

More deeply embarrasing FSG bullshit:

Liverpool moved rapidly to replace Kenny Dalglish yesterday with plans to approach at least eight managers from across Britain and Europe, including Wigan Athletic's Roberto Martinez, Swansea City's Brendan Rodgers, and even an ambitious bid to ascertain Pep Guardiola's interest.

Fenway Sports Group's determination to cover all options available to them makes an approach to Fabio Capello, also currently out of work, quite possible. It is understood that Andre Villas-Boas is also among the managers approached on the continent, with initial contact having come through his agent. He is believed to be receptive to the idea, though Roma provide competition, having approached him first. Guardiola is the most intriguing name and Liverpool possess a link to him through his brother Pere, the agent of Luis Suarez. That approach is highly speculative, though, and unlikely to yield a result after the Spaniard's decision to step down from Barcelona.

The Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan, has granted Liverpool permission to speak to Martinez, though as of early yesterday evening Swansea had not provided clearance for FSG, Liverpool's owners, to speak with Rodgers. Chairman Huw Jenkins has a record of being a formidable negotiator. He made it difficult for Martinez to leave Swansea for Wigan and would demand every penny of Rodgers' £5m compensation clause.

Liverpool's problem may be convincing managers on their wishlist that they are a big enough for them. Though the CV of Borussia Dortmund's Jürgen Klopp – two Bundesliga titles with minimal outlay on wages or transfers - is impeccable, the view from Germany last night was that it would be profoundly difficult to attract him to Anfield. The 44-year-old is under contract until 2016, totally wedded to the club and next season's Champions League campaign, and Dortmund would not release him for any price. As The Independent reported yesterday, Villas-Boas would be far easier to attract. So would Marseilles' Didier Deschamps, after a tough year at the club, the fans' desire to see him gone and his own aspiration to manage in England. Deschamps has two years left on his contract but is not the team player Liverpool seek, having been unable to work with Marseilles' director of football José Anigo.

The Americans have hired unnamed external consultants to aid their pursuit of a manager. Ayre would not disclose details, nor confirm whether they had experience of Premier League football. "They are sufficiently experienced enough to be in a position to advise," he said, and had not been involved in the decision to dismiss Dalglish. It is understood that FSG have also engaged London-based management consultants for assistance on the appointment of a chief executive and the creation of what one source describes as a player-development fund.

On a day which revealed fascinating evidence of FSG's determination to hollow out much of the top management at Liverpool and initiate a restructure, Ayre disclosed that Damien Comolli, former director of football, will be replaced by two senior personnel, within the next two weeks. It seem that one will handle the technical director portfolio and another will deal with the football administration side. Those two appointments will be announced quickly because Liverpool are keen to avoid undermining a new manager by appointing them after him.

Another surprise comes with the appointment as communications director of Jen Chang, senior football editor at Sports Illustrated, who has written extensively about the Premier League. Ayre revealed yesterday that his own contract as managing director has been extended, with a replacement for the former commercial director Graham Bartlett, who recently left the club, also about to join.Ayre admitted that Dalglish would have been dismissed even if he had delivered Liverpool the FA Cup, because the club cannot afford the continued loss of Champions League revenue which is allowing other clubs to power ahead of them financially. In a clear break with the club's past, Ayre said cup success was no longer enough to sustain the club in the modern era.

"The Carling Cup and the FA Cup don't generate the revenue and the success that is needed to keep investing," Ayre said. "If you want to be successful, you have got to keep investing. People don't want to hear that football is a business. They don't. They want to see us put lots and lots of money into the football team and win lots of trophies and games. But you have got to have both. You have got to have continued progress in the league. If you don't do well in the league and you don't get into the Champions League, you are writing cheques from your own pocket, aren't you? That is not a sustainable way, going forward."

He did not dispel the idea of Dalglish's successor losing his job if he failed to deliver the owners' targets. "It will be about a set of measurements that are expected to be achieved. I'm sure if they are not, we would make a change – wouldn't you?"

To the question of whether prospective managers would feel the allure of Liverpool, Ayre said: "I think that if you lined up some of the big names you are alluding to, Liverpool still gets everyone excited and interested. If you are a manager at that level or you are a manager aspiring to get there, I still think this is one of the biggest jobs in world football."

Liverpool cast net wide as all clear given for Martinez talks - Premier League - Football - The Independent