You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Dalglish Leaves Liverpool.

Saw a clip this evening of Kenny parading aroung Anfield in our last game, he seemed to me to have a tear in his eye and was trying to hold himself together with a sly sports camera stuck in his face. I suspect he knew the game was up. A sad and sobering day.

I think hes known for a while.

Hes better off out of it tbh.

He's looked ill since Christmas and Suarez.

I've been saying this for fucking ages btw.

Best wishes Kenny.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly how I feel aswell. Kenny was my childhood hero, I feel that this is a final farewell to the club I started to support many years ago. I was very anxious about Kenny's return, because I feared this day would eventually come. I don't think this modern football is for me anymore.

This is exactly how I feel, it's a sad sad day for me...

Sky are creaming themselves over this, the shitheads. Replaying Geoff Shreeves' best moments, which is like replaying Goebbels' best vacations, and then quoting every twat who lives in London, or St Albans, eager to support the Sky party line. Vomit-inducing verbiage.

SoS are pissing in the wind. The only meaningful dialogue with fans they're intent on having is with the supporters' committee - the one that nobody ever hears from. In truth, that's partly SoS's own fault by allowing themselves to become isolated.

I don't get why on one hand people are championing Villas Boas, who couldn't get a win out of a side that have, immediately after his dismissal, gone on to reach the CL final, and scarcely drop a point in the league.

And at the same time, be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of Martinez, who has kept a team of no marks and freebies in the Prem for 3 years.

One is getting the most out of nothing, the other, has proven to be the inverse of that.

I hope FSG know what they are doing.

They are either going to amaze us, or incite riots, in the next few weeks.

So many vacancies.

It might be worth you checking AVB vs RDM's league form stats. Don't let a couple of cup games cloud your judgement.

This was posted by Duncan Jenkins on twitter:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/english-football/246059-chelsea-thread-rdm-avb.jpg

I don't get why on one hand people are championing Villas Boas, who couldn't get a win out of a side that have, immediately after his dismissal, gone on to reach the CL final, and scarcely drop a point in the league.

And at the same time, be foaming at the mouth at the prospect of Martinez, who has kept a team of no marks and freebies in the Prem for 3 years.

One is getting the most out of nothing, the other, has proven to be the inverse of that.

I hope FSG know what they are doing.

They are either going to amaze us, or incite riots, in the next few weeks.

So many vacancies.

He had more points per game than Di Matteo has. He was closer to top 4 than Di Matteo is.

He looked a class manager at Porto but he'd be a massive risk after Chelsea.

He had more points per game than Di Matteo has. He was closer to top 4 than Di Matteo is.

He looked a class manager at Porto but he'd be a massive risk after Chelsea.[/QUO

Re the top 4 thing, it was clear that Chelsea decided their route back in was via the final, not the top four and prioritised accordingly.

Splitting hairs really.

I think Rafa should come back to be honest.

Not least because of the Spanish talent he might be able to attract again.

I do think that ONE of Rogers Lambert and Martinez is going to go on to great things.

But the question is which one? And where?

Edited by thompsonsnose

It's way to early to write off Villas-Boas as a manager, in my opinion. Virtually every manager has a 'mare at one club and I think he was on a hiding to nothing there from the get go. Too much, too soon.

Whether he'd be given the time to cut his teeth here and learn from his mistakes here is a totally different matter after today's event.

It's way to early to write off Villas-Boas as a manager, in my opinion. Virtually every manager has a 'mare at one club and I think he was on a hiding to nothing there from the get go. Too much, too soon.

Whether he'd be given the time to cut his teeth here and learn from his mistakes here is a totally different matter after today's event.

No one's writing him off. Just concerned about his lack of experience.

We need to get this appointment spot on this time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool sacking could be André Villas-Boas's chance

• Didier Deschamps and Jürgen Klopp also in the running

Klopp and Zorc would be the ultimate. Doubt we'd ever tempt them away from that club though.