You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aurelio released

PaulMcC

I remember I was In India, trying desperately to watch the Chelsea 4-4 semi final at 1am local time.

We got a free kick 40yards out and aurelio stood over it. I was screaming "hit it, bottom right hand corner" and was trying to convince everybody in the room of the amount of space Cech had left.

20 seconds later he did just that!!!

Thanks for performances fabio. Too bad you were half broken all the time. Good luck.

Aurelio gave us great moments, notably the 3rd in the 1-4 at OT. I actually forgot about the goal at the bridge, April 09.

But this thread should have been 2 years ago, what has he done for us in 2 years and what have we paid him. Ridiculous decision to re-sign him.

Think he was offered a pay as you play which he turned down. Then Hodgson came in, and he gave him a 2 year deal.

Probably Purslow that signed him after he sold Insua and realised we hadn't a left back.

Yeah, think he ended up on a small(ish) basic with a big appearance fee. Regardless of money it made little sense to have a back up player that couldn't be regularly called upon. At times this season its looked like Enrique, despite being a good player, could have done with a short break.

Didn't we end up getting fuck all for Insua because his contract ran out?

All the best Fabio, I rated him and it's a shame about the injuries, but yeah, shouldn't have been resigned 2 years ago.

Although you have to wonder if Fabio hobbling up and down the pitch on crutches would have still been a better option than PFK, but I digress.

I'll keep an eye on him if he does find another club, but you have to wonder if this is his career done?