You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC announce ticket cost freeze

Guest davelfc

Guest davelfc

LFC announce ticket cost freeze - Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club today announced that it would freeze ticket prices for the 2012-13 season.

Managing director Ian Ayre said: "We have always aimed to ensure that we match our commercial and financial aspirations with the interests of our fans.

"In 2011 we increased prices in line with inflation and the government rise in VAT to 20 per cent, but having reviewed the current UK economic climate and our up and down team performance we felt it important to flatten prices despite UK inflation being around 3.5 per cent.

"Our fans have shown tremendous support for the team this season, at home and away, and with long runs in both the FA Cup and Carling Cup, we wanted to recognise that commitment with this announcement today."

Guest davelfc
Is that going to be season tickets too, or will we see them rise in line with the tiering policy?

It would be difficult for them to keep match tickets at the same price and yet raise the price of the STs, it would cause a shitstorm.

It doesn't make it clear on the site and I'd have to guess it also means Season Tickets.

It would be difficult for them to keep match tickets at the same price and yet raise the price of the STs, it would cause a shitstorm.

It doesn't make it clear on the site and I'd have to guess it also means Season Tickets.

But haven't match tickets risen since season tickets were last sold? Again, due to the stuctured pricing. When was that brought in?

With how the season has gone then this is perhaps a good idea. I will be getting the season ticket renewed but I do think some will drop out.It has been hard watching this season and knowing how much me and many more of you out there have had to fork out.

Fair play to all involved. Its easy to write off as been a shit season but the glazers didnt hang around with hiking ticket prices at OT. To be fair to the new yanks their really getting most things right (our choice of manager - kits smart - not fucking around on senior people at the club - increased revenue - not taking the piss out of fans), from what I can see I'm more than happy with them so far, its so easy to be negative, but credit where its due

• 2 weeks later...

I did not realise how much we were being fucking had off on ticket prices at anfield as when you travel to the away matches (down south esp) they tend to have you off on away tickets there.

But I was fuckin fuming when I saw that table on the sky sports app. If you go into any ground in the country and ask for their cheapest season ticket we are second most expensive behind arsenal and level with spurs at £725 in the kop.

I did not realise until recently when talking to a man united fan who pays £530 for his that we were being had off in comparison to nearly every other prem club though. I just assumed it was the wigans of the world who were making us look bad.

Cheapest at newcastle - 363

cheapest at man city - 465

cheapest at chelsea - 595

cheapest at villa - 295

A lot of clubs had dearer 'most expensive' tickets in the ground esp the london clubs but think they got a fucking cheek making out they being good to us freezing the prices.

I appreciate supply an demand and our season ticket waiting lists but to knock a few quid off would go a long way with fans and in the grand scheme of things wouldnt be too much financial hardship to them.

An if they dont wanna do it outta good will then the fact the two manchester clubs have season ticket holders who are watching their side compete for a league title should make them re-consider.

Ahh fuckin football its really fucked isnt it

I did not realise how much we were being fucking had off on ticket prices at anfield as when you travel to the away matches (down south esp) they tend to have you off on away tickets there.

But I was fuckin fuming when I saw that table on the sky sports app. If you go into any ground in the country and ask for their cheapest season ticket we are second most expensive behind arsenal and level with spurs at £725 in the kop.

I did not realise until recently when talking to a man united fan who pays £530 for his that we were being had off in comparison to nearly every other prem club though. I just assumed it was the wigans of the world who were making us look bad.

Cheapest at newcastle - 363

cheapest at man city - 465

cheapest at chelsea - 595

cheapest at villa - 295

A lot of clubs had dearer 'most expensive' tickets in the ground esp the london clubs but think they got a fucking cheek making out they being good to us freezing the prices.

I appreciate supply an demand and our season ticket waiting lists but to knock a few quid off would go a long way with fans and in the grand scheme of things wouldnt be too much financial hardship to them.

An if they dont wanna do it outta good will then the fact the two manchester clubs have season ticket holders who are watching their side compete for a league title should make them re-consider.

Ahh fuckin football its really fucked isnt it

Stop moaning you massive girl.

In all seriousness I agree with what you're saying (read your text earlier but was busy with the little man). It's a bit galling that we could potentially be spending about £300 more than a manc on a season ticket and they're getting to see top class football but with the results to match.

Their was a stat on twitter prior to the CL Final. Cheapest ticket for a top domestic game at Chelsea was £55, for Bayern it was €15.

Its not just cheap tickets prices either which is great in Germany, many clubs (or the city/town councils) offer super cheap transport vouchers too with matchday tickets, allowing fans to use all forms of public transport to get to & from the game.

Their was a stat on twitter prior to the CL Final. Cheapest ticket for a top domestic game at Chelsea was £55, for Bayern it was EUR15.

Its not just cheap tickets prices either which is great in Germany, many clubs (or the city/town councils) offer super cheap transport vouchers too with matchday tickets, allowing fans to use all forms of public transport to get to & from the game.

It's really frustrating isn't it?

I also think English football fans are to blame as well. We have taken the huge price hikes over the years & done nothing. We've basically bent over & asked for more....

Whereas In Germany, Dortmund fans refused all away tickets for the game against Schalke a couple of years ago because Schalke increased their ticket prices by nearly 50% to a whopping £19 (it had been £13 the year before)

Their was a stat on twitter prior to the CL Final. Cheapest ticket for a top domestic game at Chelsea was £55, for Bayern it was €15.

Yeah, I've been to a couple of concerts in Germany and know people who went to Bundesliga games where your event/match ticket doubled as a public transport pass for any transport heading to the venue on the day of the game.

Such a simple idea, yet makes a huge difference over the course of the season. That and the much cheaper tickets, of course!